Joshua King / signs for Watford

Noc-Z

ffs
Agreed. This is appropriate planning of a squad which we have severely lacked until solskjaer
Are you serious? It's one thing he has got right. Its prior to Ole that squad planning was neglected.. even back to towards the end of SAFs time.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Really? Given his grand total of 1 league goal in the entirety of last season what are you basing that on?
The fact that he's proven over many years to be a better player than King? And it's pointless reading much into last season given our top scorer got a whopping 13 goals.

tomaldinho1

They would accept around 30-35m, around the same price as Willian Jose, who is at a similar level. Weird that so many people are desperate for us to gamble 15m on an Argentinian kid, when we can get a proven PL striker for only twice of that.
If a player is young, has a non Angle Saxon name, comes from a country like where we associate country with exciting football (Brasil, Spain, Argentina etc) and, most importantly, 99% of the caf has never seen him bar on youtube, you have a winner.

SER19

Are you serious? It's one thing he has got right. Its prior to Ole that squad planning was neglected.. even back to towards the end of SAFs time.
That's what I'm saying, ole is the first guy I trust managing and planning the squad

Dve

I´ve earlier expressed my scepticism about bringing in King (and yes, he is Norwegian; he´s been an obvious first choice for the national team, and Norway´s best player the last few years), but right now, I would actually take the risk of signing him. We are just desperate for options up front, and he can play both as a winger and as a nr. 9 (the latter being his preferred position, although mostly used as a left wing for Bournemouth this season).

When I´ve been sceptical, that´s based on his injury record and - mostly because of that - his inconsistent form. That said, he´s also had long spells where he´s been brilliant, both for Bournemouth and the national team, and he fits into Ole´s counter attacking style just perfectly. And I understand it so that he´s soon back on his feet and will be fit to play right after the winter break.

Last edited:

Machine Elements

What a feckin joke.

Ole seems to be determined to reassemble his United youth team with these average players on top of his beloved jessie, pogba etc. Let’s bring back Oliver norwood & ravel morrison from Sheffield United while we’re at it.

Dve

Wait until summer and go for Wilson.
We CANNOT wait for the summer to sign a forward. To think that Martial will stay fit for the rest of the season, is a crazy gamble. For all we know, we could suddenly find ourselves in a situation where both Greenwood and Martial are sidelined. What then? With EL, FA cup, the league.

Based Adnan

What a feckin joke.

Ole seems to be determined to reassemble his United youth team with these average players on top of his beloved jessie, pogba etc. Let’s bring back Oliver norwood & ravel morrison from Sheffield United while we’re at it.
So 3 players if you include King, 2 of which were already at the club when he got here? Stop talking nonsense

Dyslexic Untied

What a feckin joke.

None of his signings have been former youth players though, and of course he will play Pogba when fit.

I am not too keen on King, but he ticks a few boxes. Versatile, proven, hard working, physical and would need minimal time to blend in with the team, club and manager.

flappyjay

Surprising that Bournemouth fans consider him a better 9 than Wilson
It's more that Joshua's all around game is much better than Wilson. It's the reason why the Wilson/solanke partnership has failed, none of them have Joshua's abilities

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We CANNOT wait for the summer to sign a forward. To think that Martial will stay fit for the rest of the season, is a crazy gamble. For all we know, we could suddenly find ourselves in a situation where both Greenwood and Martial are sidelined. What then? With EL, FA cup, the league.
King won't even stay fit anyway, he's not the right choice.

Ranchero

He will be down to the final year of his contract in the summer. This might be the best time for Bournmouth to get good money for a player who will be 29 in June.

Clearly Eddie Howe knows there is a real chance he could go.

But is he what we need?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They'd want at least £40m on deadline day for him anyway so relax people. This one aint happening.

drdoityourself

Can play all across the front three. Would probably accept rotational role. Bournemouth look much better with him in the team.

I would be more than happy with this signing.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not a bit late to be considering a second bid? I can’t see this happening. No way is he worth more than what we have bid already.

Woodzy

Well it’s clear as day we need a striker to such an extent where you can excuse the overall quality a little - right now we just need an option because we literally have nothing.

The fact the club has got into a position where we are bidding £27m for a mid table striker on deadline day is criminal in the grand scheme of things.

MrBest

Dont really rate his heading ability, had a few good seasons in scoring. As back up, why not, especially if the price is right.

Rolaholic

Honestly wouldn't be opposed to it at the right price. He's prem proven and is a United academy grad.

Doesn't hurt that he loves himself a goal at OT. Would be adequate cover while Rashford is out

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

Honestly wouldn't be opposed to it at the right price. He's prem proven and is a United academy grad.

Doesn't hurt that he loves himself a goal at OT. Would be adequate cover while Rashford is out
Eddie being a cocktease.

dirkey

Well it’s clear as day we need a striker to such an extent where you can excuse the overall quality a little - right now we just need an option because we literally have nothing.

The fact the club has got into a position where we are bidding £27m for a mid table striker on deadline day is criminal in the grand scheme of things.
Go in for hyperbole much? Sweet Lord.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is there nobody in MLS/Mexico we could have taken a look at? Chicharito was a steal at the time. Sort of player we need now. A penalty box striker.

Nikelesh Reddy

Not sure if he’s good enough to be one of the attacking options at a club like United...Our last 4 signings have been very carefully thought out,let’s not indulge in panic buying now...