Joshua King

oskarutd

Yes, I know 300.000 people really well, except, two newly born I haven´t meet yet ;)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Does everyone in Iceland basically know each other?
Nah. I work in TV so I know a lot of TV people and I used to play football for a long time so I've played against many of the players in the national team that are around my age.
It is a small country though. In three weeks you can see and Icelandic dude, who's unbeaten in MMA, beat a German dude in his UFC debut in Notthingham. I do know that fellow, or I did when we were younger. A lot of it is through mutual acquaintances but it being Iceland those mutual acquaintances can become fairly frequent.

The other Icelanders on this forum, if they'd tell me their names I'd probably have no idea who they are but I probably would only need a few hints to find out their names if I had some clues. They could track me down if they wanted quite easily. Hell, Damien even could (what am I saying, of course he could).

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
We all know eachother if it's relevant in a discussion to foreigners. :)

jb8521

Highlights of the Iceland Norway game Kings two efforts at 1:40 and 2:50

Eirik Raude

King has been good so far after coming on at half time for Norway against Slovenia. Could have scored, but a difficult angle and the usual King finishing helped the goalkeeper save it.

Edit: Much pace and power, but lacks a little in decision making.

Eriku

Indeed, but he showed a lot more than Moa did the whole match.

Encouraging to see King slot into our side so well... He also links up decently, just needs a bit on the decision-making just before goal or assist, as you say.

I hope that he's been listed in the CL squad points to him getting a chance to earn some experience before Christmas, though not necessarily in that tournament :)

jb8521

He had an asthma attack during the game but calmed himself down enough to play on

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Happy to see him on the bench yesterday, but shame he didnt get any time on the pitch.

Does this mean that he's now ahead of Macheda in the queue for a chance in the first team though? Or should we not read too much into who was selected for a place on the bench, seing as the likes of Petrucci didnt get a spot?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
8 assists in 9 games for the reserves, he's off to a good start. He had two assists today as well. Ole was in the crowd watching, he may be on his way to Molde on loan.

lysglimt

Scout
8 assists in 9 games for the reserves, he's off to a good start. He had two assists today as well. Ole was in the crowd watching, he may be on his way to Molde on loan.
Too bad he is awful in front of goal - because everything else, he does well

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Too bad he is awful in front of goal - because everything else, he does well
I haven't seen enough of him to say, but Skeppy seems to disagree with you.

Not sure about that, Welbeck always displayed better technique, understanding, awareness etc. King was a very good goalscorer in the u18s but his all-round game still lacked behind Danny's.
In fairness to King, in the games I've seen this season he's often been asked to play as a left winger in a 4231 with Macheda up front.

Eirik Raude

He's not a good finisher. If he was, he'd have 5-6 goals as well as all those assists. Don't know if it is his technique or his head, but he misses a lot of sitters, especially 1 on 1 vs keepers.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think that it's a confidence thing. He's under pressure because some want him to get regular first team football - and he's talked about trying to break through. I'd personally like to see him being given a chance. Prior to his loan spells, his finishing was better....we're seeing with Wellbeck...this same issue at the moment but we gave him his opportunity. King can play outwide (and puts in a shift) and up top. I hope he gets his chance soon.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
http://www.dagbladet.no/2012/10/10/sport/landslaget/fotball/drillo/vm-kvalifisering/23797506/

Interviewed by a Noggie Paper. The newbie 'tarjei2k' very kindly translated the relevant words about Ravel
King: "He was one of my best friends at the club. I have nothing bad to say about him. He's a class act, and a nice guy to everyone around him.

King came to United in 2008 and is still one of the hopeful talents of the Red Devils' youth setup. Morrison is one year younger than King, and came to united in 2010.

"He made some mistakes, but that is not something I want to talk about. What he does with the ball on the training field is absolutely amazing. He is one of the best talents I've ever seen. Ravel is an amazing footballer, but I think people view him in a bit of a wrong light. He is young and he has a lot of pressure on him to succeed."

"We played a lot together, we trained a lot together, we had a good connection on the training field," said King.

Is it strange for you to read about all the off-the-field antics that are written about Ravel in the tabloids?

"No, it isn't that strange to read about it. It is sad that the clubs haven't taken care of him and his talent. He has, or had, the potential to become one of the worlds best players if he had luck on his side. But that's football. People expected a lot of him, and then it went downwards."

Are you still in contact with him?

"Yeah, or actually, not so much. He changes phone numbers almost every week.

Thisistheone

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
That’s a hell of an interview really. It makes Ravel's story as disappointing as we’ve thought. Although I found it strange King completely refuses to blame Ravel and puts the fault on the clubs.
I think that has more to do with his friendship with Ravel, than King wanting to blame to clubs. It could be his opinion that the clubs could have done more for him though, if they were close friends maybe he knows more about the situation than what's been in the media.

Thisistheone

I think that has more to do with his friendship with Ravel, than King wanting to blame to clubs. It could be his opinion that the clubs could have done more for him though, if they were close friends maybe he knows more about the situation than what's been in the media.
True, he's bound to stick up for his best mate and there could well be incidents we don't know about. But Ravel's been to three clubs now and had problems at all three, so you can't help but think its the player.

I just found it a bit surprising King puts some of the blame on Utd, who apart from being famous for its youth system, is still the club he is currently playing for.

Perhaps King along with standing up for his mate, is also frustrated at the lack of first team opportunities. Or maybe I'm just reading to much into it!

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I haven't seen enough of him to say, but Skeppy seems to disagree with you.

In fairness to King, in the games I've seen this season he's often been asked to play as a left winger in a 4231 with Macheda up front.
He's not a good finisher. Let Ole take him for a few months and see what happens.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If I remember correctly, he threw her missus cellphone out of the house in anger.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
True, he's bound to stick up for his best mate and there could well be incidents we don't know about. But Ravel's been to three clubs now and had problems at all three, so you can't help but think its the player.

I just found it a bit surprising King puts some of the blame on Utd, who apart from being famous for its youth system, is still the club he is currently playing for.

Perhaps King along with standing up for his mate, is also frustrated at the lack of first team opportunities. Or maybe I'm just reading to much into it!
Sure, there are some weird aspects of his statements regarding Ravel and United, personally I don't think we should read too much into it. Anyone would have a hard time saying negative things about a friend in the media.

jb8521

That’s a hell of an interview really. It makes Ravel's story as disappointing as we’ve thought. Although I found it strange King completely refuses to blame Ravel and puts the fault on the clubs.
As far as I know they were very close friends and Ravel even went to live with King at one stage

AlwaysRedwood

No one wants to throw a friend under the bus in public.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Baxter

He's had a caution for assaulting his mother. That might not actually mean he hit her though.

Baxter

Would like him to get a chance in the Cl, once we have qualified and definitely in the cups. I still rate him.

Eriku

Lovely goal, and he forced a penalty with a clever touch and pull away from the defender. Key to us winning tonight :)

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I had him on the bench in my fantasy line-up in the Stoke match-day thread - this is clearly a sign that Sir Alex should listen to me :angel:

RedLars

Should this chap get some game time for the first team soon?
I'm guessing it's that or him leaving in January, with the latter being the more likely. It's not exactly wide open in terms of him forcing himself into the team, and as far as I know he's expressed to Norwegian media that he wants to play Premier League football this season.