Joshua King

Rossa

I'm guessing it's that or him leaving in January, with the latter being the more likely. It's not exactly wide open in terms of him forcing himself into the team, and as far as I know he's expressed to Norwegian media that he wants to play Premier League football this season.
Yeah, he said as much, that he would give it till January, and if he wasn't included by then he would look elsewhere. I think he could offer something down that left flank - Welbeck, for all his talent, isn't a terrific winger, so giving King some game time should be an option, imo.

Thisistheone

Adam Marshall ‏@AdamSMarshall

Boss: "I wouldn't rule Joshua King out of playing for us this season but he does have opposition."
Would like to see him get some minutes.

RedLars

What does "opposition" refer to in this case? Does he mean the amount and quality of depth we have when it comes to forwards?

PTME

Reserve Team Player
He possibly can't be a worse finisher than Danny Boy, right?

Thisistheone

Yeah King's finishing seems to be one of his weaknesses. When I've seen him play this season he's been bright and involved but has failed to convert chances.

Still, he's showing signs & deserves some game time. But Macheda is ahead of him most likely, as well as the others already mentioned.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Yeah King's finishing seems to be one of his weaknesses. When I've seen him play this season he's been bright and involved but has failed to convert chances.

Still, he's showing signs & deserves some game time. But Macheda is ahead of him most likely, as well as the others already mentioned.
I actually think Macheda's going to be let go, and as such I'd say King will be ahead of him in the queue.

I just think Joshua's been a bit unfortunate, really. There's no doubt about that. The loan to Mönchengladbach didn't work out for the boy. He's got good talent though, so he'll have a good career. There's absolutely no question about that.

Thisistheone

I actually think Macheda's going to be let go, and as such I'd say King will be ahead of him in the queue.

I just think Joshua's been a bit unfortunate, really. There's no doubt about that. The loan to Mönchengladbach didn't work out for the boy. He's got good talent though, so he'll have a good career. There's absolutely no question about that.
Is that you Fergie? ;)

Would be a massive shame if Kiko is gone. It's hard not to have an attachment to him for what he did in 2009.

King and Kiko seem to have been unlucky when it comes to loan spells.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I didn't see all that much of Cofie when he was in the reserves, but the highlights and his scoring record were very impressive. I have high hopes for him.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Personally, I think King has been the best player so far for the reserves this season.

In 9 starts in all competitions, a few of which were on the left in a 4231, he has 8 assists and 3 goals. No one else on the team has more than 4 assists, and only Macheda, Lingard and Cole have more goals (8, 4 and 4 respectively).

King has started all 5 U21 Premier League games, more than anyone else, and has a goal and 3 assists, leading the team in assists in the competition. Only Macheda has more than 1 goal in those 5 games.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Kings an outstanding talent. On the wing, up top he has great quality. People are looking at his finishing right now and I don't think we should.

King works hard for the team and very often creates chances out of his own making. I'd put a lot down to a lack of confidence and being out of puff. When he plays on the wing, he works as hard going back as he does going forwards

In Cofie, King, keane we have great potential here - among others. I hope he get's a chance to prove himself. As a player, his potential is very high....but if we're being paitent with Wellbeck then we should recognize Kings qualities because pre loan - King was a better finisher. He can finish...he's just going through a phase. If he get's it right, he'll be a top striker.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
hmmmmmmmm

Speculation that King is going to leave the club for better opportunities and SAF starts praising him.

Striker10

let's not forget about Cofie ;)
Yep. I know Sir Alex rates him too. Pre loan he was like King at his best for me. We're talking about talent obviously but an outstanding prospect. How wells he doing on loan, do we know?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Ah Gibson. Something all United supporters an agree on. He's not a United player and he never was going to be.

Still, he beat Schalke almost single handed in the CL semis.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He was never a good finisher. Even around the time he made his first team debut and played brilliantly for the reserves, he still squandered loads of chances. I do rate him though.

Striker10

Not being funny, but have we ever had a youth player that you DIDN'T think was an outstanding prospect?
Let me give you some advice. Don't say not being funny and then be a prick......There are PLENTY of players i've not rated....plenty but the funny thing is I get ribbed about players...playing for our youth teams. To me that's fecking funny :)

I rate Brady, Tunnicliffe, Pearson at academy, Mats daehli, Will Keane, John cofie, Josh King and I rated Morrison, Pogba and Rossi.....

That's not EVERYONE so you need to get your facts right because it's tiring. I don't talk about other clubs kids - just our own and I certainly don't talk about all our kids - so please......work it out for yourself.

Drainy

Ah Gibson. Something all United supporters an agree on. He's not a United player and he never was going to be.

Still, he beat Schalke almost single handed in the CL semis.
At 17/18 he was very promising. I remember hearing that in training he was the most accurate long range passer at United after Scholesy. He just never really kicked on, had a few average/unsuccessful loan moves but Fergie was still loyal to him- even when he turned up pre-season well overweight.

On King, he's a decent prospect and his fitness levels are far better than they used to be but I can't see him being a United level striker in the next couple of years.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Reading through the last couple of days of this thread makes me wonder if anyone believes that King would have had a realistic chance at playing first team football this season, if it wasn't for our monstrous resources on top?

I mean, since some seem to rate him as the best striker/player in the reserves so far this season. Was the RvP transfer the nail in the coffin for King's United career?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Called up to the national team once again. Feels like he's making some real progress this year, hopefully he'll shake off that injury of his and get a shot at the bench vs Chelsea tomorrow.

Will Absolute

Reading through the last couple of days of this thread makes me wonder if anyone believes that King would have had a realistic chance at playing first team football this season, if it wasn't for our monstrous resources on top?

I mean, since some seem to rate him as the best striker/player in the reserves so far this season. Was the RvP transfer the nail in the coffin for King's United career?
Imo, he falls well short of Welbeck or Hernandez. So, even without RvP, I don't see how he'd come into the reckoning.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Called up to the national team once again. Feels like he's making some real progress this year, hopefully he'll shake off that injury of his and get a shot at the bench vs Chelsea tomorrow.
Well Fergie was at the Spurs u21 game on Sat.He would have seen Josh's turn of pace cause havoc on occasion but the team performance left a little to be desired so not sure who he feels will make the bench.

Inigo Montoya

Imo, he falls well short of Welbeck or Hernandez. So, even without RvP, I don't see how he'd come into the reckoning.
Only as a winger IMO, his pace will cause problems.But I'm sure Nani will come into it anyway so don't see him starting

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Well Fergie was at the Spurs u21 game on Sat.He would have seen Josh's turn of pace cause havoc on occasion but the team performance left a little to be desired so not sure who he feels will make the bench.
He left at HT when Josh came off. Dunno if that's a coinkidink. The first half team performance wasn't that bad.

Inigo Montoya

He left at HT when Josh came off. Dunno if that's a coinkidink. The first half team performance wasn't that bad.
That's when I had to go :lol:I thought we would do better after a decent 1st half.King did ok in the 1st as you say

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
As mentioned earlier, he was subbed at HT which is when both Fergie left and the team falled apart. Wether that was because Fergie left or because King was subbed is yet to be known :D

From that performance I feel that both Lingard and King should get a chance, but we already need to give more gametime to the likes of Anderson, Welbeck and Hernandez, so who knows where Fergie will fit them all.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Pulled out of the Noggie squad with an injury but will be back in full training some time next week.

marjen

Missed the second half, how did he do in the little time that he had?
Won the ball twice only for him to panick it out of play. Had one cross which hit a guy. Harried well.

Only on for the last minutes though.

MJJ

Won the ball twice only for him to panick it out of play. Had one cross which hit a guy. Harried well.

Only on for the last minutes though.
Thanks. Was hoping him and petrucci would either start or atleast get 30 minutes. Was disappointed when young and macheda were brought on before him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Going to loan to Blackburn Rovers according to a Norwegian TV.

marjen

Nice. He needs the minutes and Henning Berg will play him. Should be good enough to make an impact at Blackburn.

Still don't think he's got much of a chance of making it here.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Is it an indication that he'll perhaps sign a new contract here?
Wouldn't make it sense to send him on a loan in his last year of contract.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Is it an indication that he'll perhaps sign a new contract here?
Wouldn't make it sense to send him on a loan in his last year of contract.
Why? We get a loan fee and it is the right to do by the player.