Joshua King

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Who do you not rate? :P
plenty trust me :p

-------------

Was disappointed we brought kiko on when we did rather then King....King offers much more but didn't look to nervious once he did get one....

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sky Sports understands that Joshua King has agreed to link up with Blackburn on an initial loan from Manchester United.

It is believed that the agreement will be made permanent when the transfer window re-opens in January.

The deadline for pushing loan deals through in England is due to pass on Thursday, so Rovers are keen to get everything put in place.

It was their hope to get something done earlier in the week, but King's involvement in United's UEFA Champions League clash with Galatasaray caused a delay.

Blackburn are, however, now clear to add the 20-year-old to their attacking ranks.

King has impressed for the Norway national side this season and has picked up useful first-team experience during loan spells at Preston, Borussia Monchengladbach and Hull City.
He was handed his Champions League bow by United in Turkey on Tuesday, but he is not considered to be irreplaceable by Sir Alex Ferguson.
Rovers are prepared to offer him the opportunities he craves, as they seek promotion back to the Premier League, and there could be further deals with United to come - with Henning Berg known to have held talks with his former bosses at Old Trafford prior to taking the Ewood Park hot-seat.
Seems like he'll be moving on a permanent deal to them in January. Good luck to him.

As I said earlier it wouldn't have made sense to send him on loan when he's clearly going out. Much better to sell him in January.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bit shit that it's probably going to be permanent. We didn't even give him a chance.

Revan

Assumptionman
Bit shit that it's probably going to be permanent. We didn't even give him a chance.
Hard to give him a chance when we have Rooney, RVP, Chicha and Welbeck in first team, while Keane and Henriquez are highly rated in the reserves. Both him and Kiko looks that will never make here.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
is it just me or has he bulked up considerably?
I've not seen him play in the reserves but looking at an old picture of him (about a year old) and comparing it to now he does seem to have bulked up a lot.

Seems like he'll be moving on a permanent deal to them in January. Good luck to him.

As I said earlier it wouldn't have made sense to send him on loan when he's clearly going out. Much better to sell him in January.
It's unfortunate but the way things were going it was inevitable that he'd be on the way out. It will be difficult for any striker to push through to the first team with the amount of depth we've got there at the moment. Good luck to him anyway.

KM

Yup true. Can't also blame him for leaving as he wants to continue his international career after making an impact with Norwegian National Team.

kps88

I don't understand why we brought him on last night then instead of the other young players who are staying with us.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think it was going to be almost impossible for him to break through. With a bit of luck and plenty of games he'll be a very good player for Blackburn.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don't understand why we brought him on last night then instead of the other young players who are staying with us.
To thank him for his hard work in attempting to make it with us.

If that was the case, Nice touch from SAF - I have no problem with that.

yamo123x

Big Mistake selling this guy if eventually he goes on perm deal. Has pace to burn something we dont have in forward positions.

He is a hundred times the player macheda and Bebe are, and along with Will Keane should be the up and coming youngsters given a chance. He did more in 5 minutes the other night than the overrated Welbeck did the whole game.

Would be another big mistake if we don't keep this guy and give him a chance, like Pogba.

KM

Hernandez and Welbeck both have pace to burn.

Decotron

Big Mistake selling this guy if eventually he goes on perm deal. Has pace to burn something we dont have in forward positions.

He is a hundred times the player macheda and Bebe are, and along with Will Keane should be the up and coming youngsters given a chance. He did more in 5 minutes the other night than the overrated Welbeck did the whole game.

Would be another big mistake if we don't keep this guy and give him a chance, like Pogba.
:houllier: jaysus christ. let him go already...

KM

Neither are anywhere near as quick as King.
Think you're being harsh. King is no doubt exceptionally quick but Hernandez was adjudged as the quickest player in the World Cup.

Varun

Staff

Utter bullshit the part in bold.

And the strikers department is one area where we're very stocked. Too well for young strikers at the club imo. Letting one go wouldnt be anywhere close to letting Pogba go. He was a CM, a are we sorely lack quality.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur

Where to even start with this pile of drivel...

Decotron

Didnt even notice the Welbeck jibe earlier you tool! :mad:

This forum isnt for that type of horseshit.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Seems his United career is over then. I rate him but at the moment he's got 4 strikers ahead of him. Then there's Keane and Henriquez. Got a feeling we'd keep him until the summer if he had another year on his contract. C'est la vie.

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
Not surprised really, that Norweigian coach was spot on when Dhaeli was joining us, he said neither Eikrem or King would be good enough for United, whereas Dhaeli has more than enough ability to make it.

Here's the interview I saw with that coach talking about them.

“I have seen the other Norwegian players over there and they will not make it at Man United, that is my opinion,” said Tveit. “Mats is different.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...d-signing-mats-moller-daehli-is-a-little-bit-

Minkaro

Don't Blackburn have a load of strikers already? Might be tough for him to break in initially.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Henning Berg (now current Blackburn-manager) has already said that it's a loan move without any options of buying him in January. King himself has said that it's just going to be a loan-move, and that he'd rather spend it out on loan rather than play in the reserves league. Nothing to indicate that he's leaving for good after this loan-spell, so hold your horses on the goodbyes for now.

MJJ

Henning Berg (now current Blackburn-manager) has already said that it's a loan move without any options of buying him in January. King himself has said that it's just going to be a loan-move, and that he'd rather spend it out on loan rather than play in the reserves league. Nothing to indicate that he's leaving for good after this loan-spell, so hold your horses on the goodbyes for now.
:) Still think he can make it here as a wing-forward if not a pure striker. Him and welbeck had the same potential when they were around 17 but injuries have seriously hampered his development combined with a poor loan choice.

prateik

Completely missed his move.
Good luck. Bit disappointed we didnt get to see more of him here.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Very good finish and a decent performance from him. Looked bright with the ball and made some good runs, just at times his decision making was a little off.

Cevno

Don't think he will make it here, but hopefully this loan helps in getting a good price for him.

Reckon he can be a premiership player.

Count Orduck

Jesus, what a career move. Blackburn?! The club's a shambles. Would have wished better for Josh.