Joshua King / signs for Watford

Devil81

Not sure he's the overall quality we need to be honest.

Buying a 28 year old striker for United should be an elite signing or given the circumstances a loan player until we can buy an elite striker. King is at best a decent striker and I'd be inclined to say 27 million is overpaying.

Bournemouth are going to have our pants down.

Meep

Please no. Was glad to hear he wasn't available before.. Bournemouth please don't change your mind.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Id be happy with him for a fair price. If it’s anything close to 40 mil then that’s crazy.

unfortunately when we leave it this late, they are right to try and rob us blind.

Lemansky

It would be another nail for Jesse Messi. That’s a positive. I am sceptical though. It makes sense in some ways but it also smells of short sightedness that I thought we where past.

RedDevilRoshi

Seems like this is going to be our deadline day signing. If we don’t get him then Ed will call it a day and get his PR guy Neil Ashton to feed us some bullshit

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Long running jokes about Josh King?!
It's quite common knowledge in the FPL community. A lot of people mistake him for an English lad. I'm sure Merson once said on Soccer Saturday too that he was shocked he'd not had a sniff of an England call up and Jeff quickly pointed out that he's was Norwegian. Quite funny at the time.

Brigate Rosse

Much as it would be more exciting to get some unknown kid from Latin America what we need right now is someone who can come straight in and fill the gap.

King might not be the world beater we need going forward but you won't find many strikers who could settle in and contribute straight away.

TrustInOle

He used to play for United, he wasn't good enough then, he isn't good enough now.
He has improved alot from then. Better striker than Wilson who many said last year they would have. Only second fiddle due to Howe's preference. Even Bournemouth fans believe so. Would give us a different dimension upfront.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Seriously though what is his injury record like?

I mean, he's probably still injured right now.

ex and

If you’re going to pay 27 mill, why not pay less for CavanI? Not that I believe he would want to come to us.
Another question, would we be interested if King wasnt Norwegian. Strikes me that Solskjaer has no self confidence to manage bigger players.

Nick7

I was very excited for him when he was breaking through. Thought he would be a top striker. Shame about the injuries. Don’t think he’s worth considering now.

R'hllor

If 27mil. thing is true, we are officially unlimited dumb, all included from top to bottom

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I need a striker that will break his nose/toe to score and we bid for Josh King..

Paul_Scholes18

Haaland was cheaper than that. If we wanted a striker from Norway he was the one to get.
If we want one of our ex strikers then we should try with Welbeck ;).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What peeves me off is why do we keep leaving this to the last minute?

Wooward and the gang need to get their shit together and start acting from the first day. It's like they think it'll force clubs into making a quick decision in a panic? if anything it's the opposite.

Al-T

28 and not exactly prolific. We've left it too late and Bournemouth will have our pants down. £27 million is more than plenty otherwise walk away.