Joshua King / signs for Watford

wolvored

Agree with a lot of the posters,he wouldnt bring anything we need if we are to challenge at the top.

Stretender

A nothing player with a huge ego. He knows his level but says he dreams of playing in the Champions league. His goal return doesn't back his ego. Scored 6 goals in the entire season and that effectively is the reason Bournemouth got relegated. We should not be linked with such average footballers. He would cost 20 million or so. How about adding another 20 and sign Dembele from Lyon. Release Ighalo and let Dembele replace him on the payroll.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He’s actually a decent all round footballer. Watched Bournemouth a few times in the last season. He just doesn’t score enough goals, though that’s partly because he’s mostly playing wide for them. I feel he’s the type of player who would thrive in a better team. Can’t see him costing 20m either considering Wilson is going for that or less depending on what you read

Jibbs

It is, and that’s true. But how often have we cried for midfield reinforcements since that 2009 final when we got played like little children after the first few minutes? Caf had a running thread about how carrick isn’t good enough - which eventually became a carrick is highly underrated thread.

Fergie never worked from this philosophy of “holes” in positions, he valued goals, leadership etc more imo. That reminds me, I have to read his autobiography.
SAF thought he has Midfield sorted when we signed Hargreaves and Anderson. They both proved disastrous due to their injuries on after a season or two, but it took SAF another 2,3 years to realise we should have moved away quickly from them both in 09/10 and signed at least couple of good midfielders.

AshRK

Nothing to do with Bournemouth being relegated of course.
King was gutted of being priced out of his dream move. Credit to him for acting like a professional even after that. But sometimes I don't blame the players when their club just price them out. Asking 50m for him was insane and shame on Bournemouth for that. Palace did the same with zaha last season. Would not be a surprise where we see players running their contract and going for free.

hobbers

16m is still a bit of a rip off for him frankly. Bournemouth are doing pretty well with sales.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I can see the thought behind this. Many times this season, I felt that our forward lacks in physical presence to roughing up their defence.

Although I prefer us to sign better player with experience, just like Ibra, Larsson, Sheringham in the past.

CG1010

So he's off to Villa for £16m, 9 months after Bournemouth demanded £50m from us.

United tax is crazy.
The same may happen with Grealish. With United the price is 80 million. But he may end up going at 30-40 million to some midtable team eventually. This just robs players of upward mobility and eventually players will start to protest.

Think this started with City quoting ridiculous fees for these players. Now all top clubs face this issue, not just United.

ti vu

I can see the thought behind this. Many times this season, I felt that our forward lacks in physical presence to roughing up their defence.

Although I prefer us to sign better player with experience, just like Ibra, Larsson, Sheringham in the past.
Joshua King looks a big lad, but he's not really that handful. Even at Bournemouth, he's not always their CF. Coukd end up like Ighalo where we add number, but not the quality required. In the end, the addition is not used for rotation purpose but last resort where our starting XI was ran into ground.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Joshua King looks a big lad, but he's not really that handful. Even at Bournemouth, he's not always their CF. Coukd end up like Ighalo where we add number, but not the quality required. In the end, the addition is not used for rotation purpose but last resort where our starting XI was ran into ground.
Yeh. That's kind of worried me. But i guess end of last season saga was just Ole tried to make a point, but not becomes a habit.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nothing to do with Bournemouth being relegated of course.
So getting relegated takes 200% off his asking price? Bullshit. They fecked him over & killed his dream move.

Ake was being touted at £50m pre relegation, went to City for £40m post relegation. That’s normal. £50m to £16m is a joke.

The same may happen with Grealish. With United the price is 80 million. But he may end up going at 30-40 million to some midtable team eventually. This just robs players of upward mobility and eventually players will start to protest.

Think this started with City quoting ridiculous fees for these players. Now all top clubs face this issue, not just United.
Yep. United getting quoted £80m for Grealish, watch him go to Liverpool or Spurs for about £50m next summer. You just know it’s coming. The United Tax is very real.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
He's a replacement for Ighalo if we sign him. He'll play about 10 games a season. Competition is always good, we know how Martial goes off the boil when he's not pushed.

CM10

16m is still a bit of a rip off for him frankly. Bournemouth are doing pretty well with sales.
Yep, with just a year left on his contract too. Villa seem desperate to sign a striker.

theklr

I really honestly dont think we will get a better experienced striker that is this cheap while beeing versatile and physical with good hold up play, that also have no problems sitting on the bench for most of the time.

Bondi77

I can see us making a move for him this week and getting him on a 3 year deal......just a feeling.

supermao

Matriac

Brace yourselves, King has switched agent from Solbakken to Rogon.
Only 2 reasons for doing so at such a time:
Either 1. Solbakken is doing a very bad job in finding King a new club and King has lost all trust in him.
Or 2. He is United bound. No way United and OGS can bring in King with Solbakken as his agent after all the noise after Jan. Window.

https://www.nettavisen.no/sport/agentfirma-om-joshua-king---han-har-signert-for-oss/3424019250.html
I very much doubt your second point, the club would not care about this, if it was truly that bad they would pressure Solskjær to swap his agent as well.
The noise was for United just that, noise. Nothing very serious involving United.

Plus, King swapped TO Solbakken just some months ago in May. (Originally swapped away from him in 2017.)

Probably just means it didn't work out between them. He wasn't satisfied with his work and is desperate for a move away from his Championship club before the window ends.

0le

A nothing player with a huge ego. He knows his level but says he dreams of playing in the Champions league. His goal return doesn't back his ego.
Why does he have a big ego just because he has a dream? A big ego is someone like Zlatan.

snowkarl

Big chance this guy is our 3rd/4th back up for Monday guys... HG, good player. Physical, instinctive. How do you all feel about it?

Zoo

Big chance this guy is our 3rd/4th back up for Monday guys... HG, good player. Physical, instinctive. How do you all feel about it?
Better back up then Ighalo so will take it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Good Ighalo replacement, I actually would have preferred King initially but admittedly I did buy into the giddyness of Ighalo's pre-lockdown form (in relative terms to his role in the squad obviously).

Obviously if come Monday he's the only one through the door it'll incite the riots even more :lol:

snowkarl

Better back up then Ighalo so will take it.
Good Ighalo replacement, I actually would have preferred King initially but admittedly I did buy into the giddyness of Ighalo's pre-lockdown form (in relative terms to his role in the squad obviously).

Obviously if come Monday he's the only one through the door it'll incite the riots even more :lol:
I think Josh is coming instead of Sancho though, if we don't have enough time/money to get Sancho or Dembele/Ocampos. Ighalo is still going to be here come Tuesday!

Also, King plays mainly off the striker/on the wing so he wouldn't come as an Ighalo replacement really.

Looks likely he'll be our main offensive reinforcement unless we pay up the 108m!

snowkarl

Utd buying a championship player. Josh King. Deary me
He's not as good as Sancho but I think he's slightly better than Dan James and similar to Greenwood at the moment! He will probably be our main right winger for a while, at least until Greenwood matures physically or we get a new winger next year.

I know it's not Sancho but it's better than nothing, right?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think Josh is coming instead of Sancho though, if we don't have enough time/money to get Sancho or Dembele/Ocampos. Ighalo is still going to be here come Tuesday!

Also, King plays mainly off the striker/on the wing so he wouldn't come as an Ighalo replacement really.

Looks likely he'll be our main offensive reinforcement unless we pay up the 108m!
As funny as that would be nah, Sancho would be arriving as a genuine option to play instead of Rashford/Martial/Greenwood

King's coming in for the final 10 minutes and lump it up front tactic as don't forget Ighalo is going back to China in 3 months time