Joshua King / signs for Watford

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Are there any actual reports or is the caf yet again overreacting based on absolutely nothing?

snowkarl

If we buy King I might actually cry.
It's looking very likely. Rumours from Bournemouth is that a big club have been making enquiries about him since last night... conventiently when the Dembele stories were getting denied. The fact that he's having a "migraine" today for their game is a clear sign he's on the way out and aside from us, and Spurs who signed Vinicius today, who would be asking about him?

I think it's clear he is our 3rd choice after Dembele and Sancho, maybe 4th if Sarr links are real.

He'd not be Ighalo's replacement since he's never played sole striker, at least I hope so, because he'd be a bad option if that's the case.

More likely he is going to be 1st/2nd choice RW if we don't get Sancho or Dembele next year! To fight with Greenwood.

Also, he's HG so that's another positive, along with relatively low wages + cheap fee. Perfect for Woody!

Tiber

Better player than Ighalo - who is leaving at Christmas anyway.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Is it positive to be better than Ighalo? Being better doesn't mean the player is going to help. The point of upgrading Ighalo is because he's not good enough to be part of rotation for CL games. No point trying to replace him with better player but still not good enough to be part of rotation for CL games, we might should just play Rashford or Greenwood as Martial's alternative no 9.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Big chance this guy is our 3rd/4th back up for Monday guys... HG, good player. Physical, instinctive. How do you all feel about it?
If it happens... Stick the fork in us.

Roboc7

This is our most likely signing, Ole wants him and he’s for sale, there is even extra two weeks to sign players from EFL. Probably only delayed because he was injured and possibly because of negative reaction will likely generate.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is eventually going to happen one way or another isn’t it.

King and Heaton are both solid 3rd choice players but they won’t have City looking over their shoulders that’s for sure. I’d rather those wages and spaces just went to the most exciting youth we can afford.

Guv77

And there is our new striker..who needs Kane or Haaland

Snafu17

There's literally nothing that indicates that we're even remotely interested.

Matriac

If we sell Martial and don't bring on another forward other than (hopefully) Sancho, and at the end of the window we still have a spot open in the 25 man squad. Then maybe worth a punt for a year on year contract so we have a backup to a backup on striker position if we need to rest someone.

But otherwise stay away, even then, not particularly buzzed, and I like the dude.

Jaxa

I'd much rather promote youth than sign Josh fecking King,

Shoretire, Hugill, Mcneill all doing fantastic in the academy right now, let's give them a chance, plus we have Amad who will surely play more games next season.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
What the hell happened at Everton? I thought he'd have an impact there. Barely featured, even when they were crying out for a striker.

krentz

If we sell Martial and don't bring on another forward other than (hopefully) Sancho, and at the end of the window we still have a spot open in the 25 man squad. Then maybe worth a punt for a year on year contract so we have a backup to a backup on striker position if we need to rest someone.

But otherwise stay away, even then, not particularly buzzed, and I like the dude.
No, thank you. I'd rather we give Elanga some minutes than signing frickin Joshua King as 3rd or 4th choice. Hes blown up chance to join us in January 2020.

Matriac

No, thank you. I'd rather we give Elanga some minutes than signing frickin Joshua King as 3rd or 4th choice. Hes blown up chance to join us in January 2020.
Totally depends on the game situation. When blooding in a youngster you can't just throw them into any game. Yes Elanga should get more chances next season, but can't be expected to keep his nerves in check for really tight games. Getting his confidence shot from playing the wrong games can slow down his overall introduction to performing in the team.

We need some older players in the team as well, if Mata ends up going this summer then someone like King could be valuable to have around the squad, even if he hasn't won as much.
But like I said, not in any way hyped about King or think we should jump on him, just that if there's room in the squad of 25 at the end of the window then we could do worse.

tomaldinho1

I'd much rather promote youth than sign Josh fecking King,

Shoretire, Hugill, Mcneill all doing fantastic in the academy right now, let's give them a chance, plus we have Amad who will surely play more games next season.
We could just pretend he's been on a reallllllly long loan if that helps you

krentz

Totally depends on the game situation. When blooding in a youngster you can't just throw them into any game. Yes Elanga should get more chances next season, but can't be expected to keep his nerves in check for really tight games. Getting his confidence shot from playing the wrong games can slow down his overall introduction to performing in the team.

We need some older players in the team as well, if Mata ends up going this summer then someone like King could be valuable to have around the squad, even if he hasn't won as much.
But like I said, not in any way hyped about King or think we should jump on him, just that if there's room in the squad of 25 at the end of the window then we could do worse.
He's past it. I dont even remember he played for Everton last season because apparently he got injured a lot, we dont need another crooked to accompany Jones and Baily on the treatment room. I also think we dont need to worry about who's going to fill in Juan Mata's position as we've already got VDB and I think it's time for Hannibal to get a taste of senior football. VDB, Hannibal, and of course sancho if we signed him, that's already plenty of options for Ole to pick.

Zlatattack

I had no idea he signed for Everton. Unless your Wayne Rooney, players should move from Manchester United to Everton, not the other way around. I'd have made an exception for Coleman and Baines a few years ago, but on the whole - thats the way it goes. No Josh King.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I had no idea he signed for Everton. Unless your Wayne Rooney, players should move from Manchester United to Everton, not the other way around. I'd have made an exception for Coleman and Baines a few years ago, but on the whole - thats the way it goes. No Josh King.
That's not true. Players more often than not move to big clubs from smaller clubs (when they are about to enter the peak or best youngsters).

Josh King doesn't fall into either of that category.

Zlatattack

That's not true. Players more often than not move to big clubs from smaller clubs (when they are about to enter the peak or best youngsters).

Josh King doesn't fall into either of that category.
I meant if you think about the history of transfers between the two clubs.

The only decent signing i think we ever made from them was Rooney. Fellaini was awful, Lukaku was meh. Whereas i think a lot more have gone the other way. Gibson, Saha, Neville, Keane, Howard, Cleverly, Schniderlin...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Some on here will look for any excuse to lose their shit. We’re not even linked with him ffs :lol:
It's not implausible given Ole's ringing endorsement last season. But let's hope not.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

The only decent signing i think we ever made from them was Rooney. Fellaini was awful, Lukaku was meh. Whereas i think a lot more have gone the other way. Gibson, Saha, Neville, Keane, Howard, Cleverly, Schniderlin...
Yeah true. Shame we didnt sign Coleman.

Rossa

Out of those, which do you think Everton would label as great?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There's a reason he keeps moving to clubs on a free. He's not very good. Avoid.

Chairman Steve

No thank you at Utd. I thought it was ridiculous at the time when we looked desperate as feck for anyone before Bruno came in and shook the place up.

Cant wait for him to get the Ravel Morrison treatment from some fans of “he’s one of our own, he gets it, he know the Utd way, who cares if he just got released!“

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The fact some of you forgot he even played for Everton and now EVERTON HAVE RELEASED HIM should speak volumes.