Josip Iličić

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Atalanta are such a good side to watch for the neutral, they just score for fun.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I remember he used to be a highly rated player back in Palermo when Pastore used to be there and they did well in the Seria A, then went to Fiorentina and sort of petered away.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Very skilled player. I thought he was just going to end up a talented but lethargic waste of potential when he was at Fiorentina, but he's finally found a niche at Atalanta.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought he would become a top player at Palermo

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's been a good player in Italy for years although sure likes of @giorno would give better analysis of his career.

Always had an eye for goal, 50 goals in 200 games for Palermo and Fiorentina is pretty good for an AM and obviously ridiculous stats for this free wheeling Atalanta, nearly 1 in 2 ratio since joining in 2017.

Certainly gone under the radar with premier league clubs down the years although seems the sort West Ham will bid 70m for. :lol:

Dan_F

He’s really fun to watch, such a nice left foot. Shame he never came over the premier league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well, the analysis is simple: he's this era's savicevic

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's been fairly inconsistent in his early Serie A days at Palermo.
The last 2 season's though he's been fenomenal to watch. Probably eclipsed anything Zahovic did at club level

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Amauri says hi.
Now there's a blast from the past, guy had amazing season or two there and thought he'd be brilliant at Juve but he pretty much flopped. Brazil also didn't call him up and he got a few caps for Italy. Cavani was also at Palermo in that period.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Atalanta are such a good side to watch for the neutral, they just score for fun.
Could well end up being the first post-modern team to score 100 goals in a Serie A season, and the first since Milan/Juventus/Internazionale way back in 1951 — which would be a remarkable feat on a fairly restricted budget. Definitely a fun and ultra-aggressive team to watch under Gasperini, and capable of taking the game to anyone on their day. Ilicić has obviously been exceptional this term (currently a Ballon D'Or Top 10 level performer and would be recognized as such if not higher at a major club), but Zapata and Gómez (one of the most effective playmakers in Serie A after Luis Alberto in recent years) are quite good in their high-octane attack, too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's been fairly inconsistent in his early Serie A days at Palermo.
The last 2 season's though he's been fenomenal to watch. Probably eclipsed anything Zahovic did at club level
Yep. He's always been a top 10 player in the world on talent, just too lazy and inconsistent

He's been consistent this season and there's a genuine argument to be made he's been the best player in italy. And cristiano is still all kinds of ridiculous in case you didn't notice, sooo....

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Could well end up being the first post-modern team to score 100 goals in a Serie A season, and the first since Milan/Juventus/Internazionale way back in 1951 — which would be a remarkable feat on a fairly restricted budget. Definitely a fun and ultra-aggressive team to watch under Gasperini, and capable of taking the game to anyone on their day. Ilicić has obviously been exceptional this term (currently a Ballon D'Or Top 10 level performer and would be recognized as such if not higher at a major club), but Zapata and Gómez (one of the most effective playmakers in Serie A after Luis Alberto in recent years) are quite good in their high-octane attack, too.
Been interesting how they've used Zapata recently, he was on the bench tonight and first leg. Not sure if it was fitness or tactical e.g. put him and Muriel on in second half where there's more space in the final third.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is such a superb player to watch, Atalanta are the best team to watch in Serie A and arguably in Europe. Gomez, Ilicic are fun players, technical wizards.

NoPace

32 years, cheeky bid?

He has a proper left foot
I don’t think this is as crazy as it seems if we can’t get Sancho. He’d give us a RW but also could be the backup 9 instead of Ighalo (huge wages saving) and the backup 10 to Bruno if we wanna make him main creator when he’s out. If we can’t get Sancho and want to wait instead of buying someone else..

LuckyScout78

What a football player. Hat off to this guy. I don’t watch Atalanta and didnt discover him and rest of Atalanta players before this week. Since some has start a thread about him. I want to use it.

This man is so sharp and clinical. A child and cross of Mahrez and Greenwood. Really technical and skillful for his height. Tall player, but really skillful and clinical. 4 goals against Valencia I didn’t get. Sorry.

But after being curious and want to find out why Atalanta score many goals. This man is one of reason.

If United Sancho doesnt come to United this summer. Then United should consider him as another option. Ilicic can do both RW and CF role. Strength RW options and back up to Martial is really good solution.

So again. If Sancho prefer to stay for another season at Dortmund. As United manager. I would be more than satisfy to have Josip Ilicic in my team. A top quality attacking player. The way he treat the ball. Composure and clinical. Big pleasures to watch. Artist.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Could be bought to add depth once Ighalo leaves and sounds like he would be a very good addition in the attacking positions.

Lee565

Didnt he only recently extend his contract with atalanta after being in the final months of his previous contract, united should have been all over that in December/january to get him on a free.