Josip Iličić

LuckyScout78

What a football player. Hat off to this guy. I don’t watch Atalanta and didnt discover him and rest of Atalanta players before this week.
This man is so sharp and clinical. A child and cross of Mahrez and Greenwood. Really technical and skillful for his height. Tall player, but really skillful and clinical. 4 goals against Valencia I didn’t get. Sorry.

But after being curious and want to find out why Atalanta score many goals. This man is one of reason.

If United Sancho doesnt come to United this summer. Then United should consider him as another option. Ilicic can do both RW and CF role. Strength RW options and back up/CF option to Martial is really good solution.

So again. If Sancho prefer to stay for another season at Dortmund. As United manager. I would be more than satisfy to have Josip Ilicic in my team. A top quality attacking player. The way he treat the ball. Composure and clinical. Big pleasures to watch. Artist.

United should consider to bring him to Old Trafford. If Sancho is not coming. Greenwood would learn alot from this guy. Rotating between him and Greenwood as RW could be a option. Using plan b or c to Sancho. Is disrespectful. Josip Ilicic current attack level is really really high. One of the best attacking player out there.

RooneyLegend

What a football player. Hat off to this guy. I don’t watch Atalanta and didnt discover him and rest of Atalanta players before this week.
This man is so sharp and clinical. A child and cross of Mahrez and Greenwood. Really technical and skillful for his height. Tall player, but really skillful and clinical. 4 goals against Valencia I didn’t get. Sorry.

But after being curious and want to find out why Atalanta score many goals. This man is one of reason.

If United Sancho doesnt come to United this summer. Then United should consider him as another option. Ilicic can do both RW and CF role. Strength RW options and back up/CF option to Martial is really good solution.

So again. If Sancho prefer to stay for another season at Dortmund. As United manager. I would be more than satisfy to have Josip Ilicic in my team. A top quality attacking player. The way he treat the ball. Composure and clinical. Big pleasures to watch. Artist.

United should consider to bring him to Old Trafford. If Sancho is not coming. Greenwood would learn alot from this guy. Rotating between him and Greenwood as RW could be a option. Using plan b or c to Sancho. Is disrespectful. Josip Ilicic current attack level is really really high. One of the best attacking player out there.
He's old

Cliche Guevara

What a mental post. The guy is 32.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You must be joking if you think he can play RW in the way we currently play.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not only is he quite old, he’s quite a particular player. This Atalanta side play a system that adorns his ability very well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Translation:
Josip Ilicic has, as many have probably noticed, "disappeared". Today tells @Gazzetta_it that the pandemic took a heavy toll on the fragile, sensitive person. He became scared, then depressed. It is also said that his wife left him for another man. He is now in Slovenia and does not play anymore.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Poor bloke, hope he finds peace in whatever decision he decides to make about retiring or coming back to football.

Kamprad

Great player. Hope he recovers. There’s nothing to be afraid of in this life. Cautious yes sometimes. Fear is the root of many problems. Fear of the unknown and the uncertain. Things we wouldn’t be afraid of if we could see it clearly.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeesh, tough break for the guy who was playing some of the best football of his life pre lockdown. Hope he works it all out.

Pav1878

Very sad, and I hope he pulls through what must be a tough time in his life. Feel for the guy.

DWelbz19

Great player. Hope he recovers. There’s nothing to be afraid of in this life. Cautious yes sometimes. Fear is the root of many problems. Fear of the unknown and the uncertain. Things we wouldn’t be afraid of if we could see it clearly.
Cheers Kamprad. Wise words.

E-mal

Also his wife left him for another man, I am not privy to the circumstances but he's got to match on, he will find joy elsewhere. Just give it time Ilicic.

Lee565

Damn, hope he gets a ton of support from the likes of atalanta and various footballing bodies as we have seen in recent years tragic outcomes from footballers struggling to deal with depression.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He was already contemplating on retiring after the death of Astori 2 years ago. Wouldn't be surprising if he does now
What a shame after a season he's had :(

LuckyScout78

This guy is like. When i first discovered him. 2-3 weeks ago and decide to start a thread about him. Because no disrepect to Ighalo. But if i should be objective and 100 % honest. Ilicic is a least a level over Ighalo. And on a consistent really high level since the days in Fiorentina. Sharp as Greenwood and top level of skill.

Again. It is like where have you been hidden man?But to be honest. I have to admit i haven’t done a good enough scouting in 10 years. Since i first time discovered Lewandoski playing for Lech Poznan. And to be honest. I don’t watch and scouting Serie A so much. One reason is i don’t have access to Serie A and free live streaming which always lagging. But to be honest. I don’t remember if Slovenia did qualified to World cup or Euro cup. How can’t i didn’t discover this guy a lot earlier.

So even I haven’t watch a second of him playing live direct on tv. Just videos clips of him 3 weeks back. I want to take my hat off and tribute him as one of the best category. Simply top level at his best and peak. Clearly as day.
And i want to wish him all the best. Stay strong inside. Stay positive and focus on the positive, even it might be hard. Because not only to watch him live again. But happiness as a human being too. Beside the life outside the pitch.

And because of this. Never seen him before. At the age of 32. Like San Lee?Have you scout and watch enough, as much as you can?So lesson learn. I can watch and shall watch a lot more. But to be honest. This guy is the first one. Let me think. I should discover him a lot earlier. When he is 23-24?So clearly i still can improve and be more dedicate with scouting and watching more. Clearly. But again. First time in my 10 years scouting. I really i have been miss out of a hidden gem and jewel of a attacking player. It’s no doubt about skills and abilities.

Again. Wish him will recover to the better and more positive as possible. Let the negative goes. Our human mind, can only focus on one thing at the time. I have been learn. When we are focusing on the negative. It will overshadow the positive. Opposite when we focus on the positive, the negative thoughts will step a side.
Hope and wish he will find some and our inner strength back. Wake it up. And find his way to the best of himself. Not a the negative path. To him and all of is finding it hard in life. Struggling in life. Wake up our inner strength. Our true nature, is more of a lion strength and a lot stronger. The mentality.

All i can is to wish and pray for him. And everyone. We all have the equal strongest and brightest inners strength as the one who is on those state of mind now. So all the best to you bro. And for everyone out there.
And last thing. I have to be 100 % honest. And really want to help peoples. That we all shall remember and have it in our mind. That nothing last forever. Like Sir Alex successful Era. Strongest kingdom. Life and age. Richness and status. Some days it will leave us or we leave them. We have to be prepare for the big big change. Or a big lost in the human calling. Lost of our family members. The truth is hard to face, brutal, sad. But if our mind, can remember that at some point. It will come and end. When we are prepare to face it. We will be more ready when that time come.

So football life is like life in general. Everything is flowing and changing. And will come to an end. Keep it in ours mind. Wish you all the best.

Adcuth

Caught his wife in bed with another man on a surprise trip home apparently. Tough going

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Caught his wife in bed with another man on a surprise trip home apparently. Tough going
Posed with his wife on IG today with a message. seems to have been all made up. Classic case of gossip leading their own life and people easily believing what they heard/read.

GifLord

Posed with his wife on IG today with a message. seems to have been all made up. Classic case of gossip leading their own life and people easily believing what they heard/read.
That pic is almost 4 years old

MattofManchester

Poor guy. Feel bad he has to go through this. Hope it doesn't stop him. Probably still has to deal with the matter of appearances for his kids as well.

Its somewhat a little more understandable(a little, but not much) to cheat when there are no kids involved, but it's despicable to do so when you place your desires above your children's need for a secure and comfortable home environment.

Blood Mage

32 isn't that old for a techincal player like Ilicic, he doesn't rely on explosiveness like Rooney and Sanchez which is why they declined early. He'd be a smart pickup at the right price for squad depth.

EDIT: Just read the news about his depression battle and marriage breakdown, ah well I hope the bloke bounces back.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
So a wannabe pro scout only heard of him 2-3 weeks ago?

Gotta be a very fine WUM. An excellent effort if so.

Pep's Suit

Happens when you marry a golddigger. You know all these footballers they're like 14 years old kids in adult bodies. Laughable.

GifLord

Happens when you marry a golddigger. You know all these footballers they're like 14 years old kids in adult bodies. Laughable.
She's not a gold digger they've been together ever since his early days at Interblock(2008+)
Also the rumors about cheating seem to be fake
He posted a pic of themselves on sunday evening
One guy started a rumor on social media and it spread like wildfire.
Ilicic has already had issues with depression in the past. He got a infectional disease in 2018 and was afraid he'd die - even thought of retiring

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
@LuckyScout78
Please, read the transfer forum rules before making a thread there. I'm moving this to the football forum.
Do not create threads for players unless you can provide a source. If there's no source then you're simply discussing a footballer, so go to the Football Forum instead

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, the cheating wife stuff appears to be made up bs

The depression, unfortunately, is very real :(

Here's hoping he gets better, depression can be a real bastard

KranjskaKlobasa

He publicly spoke (press conference interview against Kosovo) about his struggle with depression and how his family & friends plus his love for football helped him get out of it.

DWelbz19

Good to hear he’s recovering, but it must still be very tough for him. Last season he was probably their best player, this season he’s only played 198 minutes in the league so far. Puts him down at 18th on Atalanta players minutes this season.