Jota | Ex-Celtic and now unregistered Saudi League player

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Another world class goal and man of the match performance!

I highlighted this kid as a player to watch before the season began and he looks as though he has honestly gone up a level. Celtic only paid 6M for this boy…. I expect a big money move next summer ;)

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Imagine Benfica had Jota and Neres on the wings… with Horta behind the striker.

Orgasmic attack.
It was the best solution for Jota's career. Portuguese clubs are more worried in doing trading in the transfermarket than valuing their youth talent.
Unless the player makes imediat impacto like Félix, it won't have a second chance.

A9X SJ

Watching Celtic week in week out he’s definitely getting better or being coached to his full ability’s this season.
His goal was a peach on a plastic surface if he keeps these levels up clubs down south will come sniffing.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I had a look at the highlights of all of Celtic's matches this season, he's been on fire. When he's not scoring screamers, he's doing brilliant dribbles and incisive crosses.

SportingCP96

Supports
Another goal and assist today for Celtic along with being heavily involved in two other goals.

Kid is aces.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
What's his best position?

Left wing. He likes to cut in on his right. Can use both feet though to cross.

He is also very good on the right if you want him to stay wide for width

SportingCP96

Supports
This kid just keeps on giving. I highlighted him as a player to watch and expect a key move from next summer and he has literally gone up another level.

Top level finish today and he has proven to have added end product to all of his technical ability.

Celtic fans saying he is the best player to play in Scotland since Henrik Larsson and I don’t think I disagree.

Excited to see him in the CL

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Left wing. He likes to cut in on his right. Can use both feet though to cross.

He is also very good on the right if you want him to stay wide for width
A fellow Celtic fan, like myself. Was at the Derby game, we absolutely blitzed them. Less said about last week, the better.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Should’ve scored twice against shahktar or least got his shot away.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t think he was great in Europe. He’s clearly a talented player but as above, he tried to do far too much when he had great shooting opportunities.

I also disagree he’s great on the right. I find him underwhelming on the right and exceptional on the left.

He’s young And inexperienced and I reckon he will move to the EPL.

SportingCP96

Supports
I don’t think he was great in Europe. He’s clearly a talented player but as above, he tried to do far too much when he had great shooting opportunities.

I also disagree he’s great on the right. I find him underwhelming on the right and exceptional on the left.

Wolves Would be a natural progression to replace Neto.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

He's brilliant on the right.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Should’ve scored twice against shahktar or least got his shot away.
Yep, agreed. He will make us good money. Someone will pay us 20 plus million if he stays injury free.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Don’t have the best of games yesterday but did one wee bit of magic when he flicked ball over Motherwell player head

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Don’t have the best of games yesterday but did one wee bit of magic when he flicked ball over Motherwell player head
Yea, he was poor as was the whole team. Worryingly, we looked tired. 2 centre halves were poor. We badly miss CCV. I fear a doing on Wednesday evening.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Disagree, far more effective on the left.
Yeah a lot better cutting inside and looking up. Not convinced of his left foot crossing when he cuts outside though, but I've seen him nowhere enough to know.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Jota named in the provisional Portugal World Cup squad.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Moved to Saudi League. Plays a few games. Club drops him from registration.

Paul_Pogba

Moved to Saudi League. Plays a few games. Club drops him from registration.
This is a regular occurrence in the Arab leagues. Players regularly get dropped and kicked out for bigger and shiner toys.

All the average players that have signed for big bucks are going to be in for a shock next season.

RuudTom83

This is a regular occurrence in the Arab leagues. Players regularly get dropped and kicked out for bigger and shiner toys.

All the average players that have signed for big bucks are going to be in for a shock next season.
Yeah I was thinking the only money they should see as guaranteed would be in the first year/season. Any talk of a 3 year contract could come crashing back down to earth at any moment.

gajender

Yeah I was thinking the only money they should see as guaranteed would be in the first year/season. Any talk of a 3 year contract could come crashing back down to earth at any moment.
Just because they aren't registered doesn't mean they won't get paid for their contract they will .

ROFLUTION

Fun fact: Many of the state-owned and Saudi clubs have also not paid some of their players wages including Lewis Grabban former Nottingham Forest.

gajender

Let wait a couple of years and see how this Saudi adventure turns out.
Irrespective of how it turns out I don't see them reneging on players contract they will get paid if they stuck it out there .