Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Have a feeling that he may have his best season statistically in terms of goals and assists per 90 minutes

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Predictably, one poor half brought out the tedious agenda grinches, but he's been quite easily one of the few positive things about this pre-season. Scored or assisted in every game. Hope he stays and fights for a place.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I would rather keep developing Rashford as an outright striker, I agree Mkhitaryan would both be good in that role - but I would like them both to play and Mkhitaryan is good on the right
I understand and what I meant by Rashford was that he would play alongside Zlatan as another striker rather than a number 10. I rather play with two strikers than one with Rooney behind Zlatan.

Tiber

I understand and what I meant by Rashford was that he would play alongside Zlatan as another striker rather than a number 10. I rather play with two strikers than one with Rooney behind Zlatan.
Personally I am still a 4-4-2 fan. But apparantly the world has moved on lol

Obiorahking_

Would rather him as a #10 than Rooney but the fact that we have a player of his quality on our bench is great

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Almost always guarantees a goal or an assist when he plays. Really can't fault that, even though I don't rate him near as highly as most here.

Acole9

Outstanding
Great to see him among the scorers, I think he's going to be here for the coming season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Been the best player in preseason. Mourinho has said he is staying so I don't have any worries about that.
What I do worry about is that, he won't get a for crack at the No 10 position because of Rooney.
The one reason I prefer Mata in that position to Rooney is that he can turn quickly and play the ball foward. Because Rooney can't turn, he always has to pass back when he receives the ball with his back to goal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
All the stories about him that he'll be sold by Mou but the way he's playing I wouldn't be surprised to see him get plenty of starts. He's been class in this pre season again. As others have said, he tends to respond really well to fighting for his spot and makes it a really hard choice over who to play. Will be fighting with Rooney for a spot for most of the season I think, though we can also put Pogba as the advanced guy in a midfield 3 so we'll see. Having him as someone fighting for a spot makes our squad very strong though.

snk123

I think he'll stay. For some reason I think Mourinho is going to keep Mata and Pep is going to keep Yaya despite all the rumors.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Was class today and it looks like he's staying which I'm happy about. Mata has been a good player for us, frustrating at times but he has contributed a lot with goals and assists. His stats are quite impressive. I still don't expect Mata to be a starter under Jose but he's definitely a useful player to have on the bench and it wouldn't surprise me if he breaks into the starting 11 and ends up starting a lot of games this season.

Tiber

This may not be not the key factor :wenger: but Mata may be the nicest guy in football. I really hope that he can win over Jose.

I thought he has had a great a great preseason, I think that if we can get Mkhitarayn and Mata both onto the pitch we will have a style of football that is both pretty and effective. Playing behind the striker Mata>Rooney every day of the week.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If he carries on like this then great because he's a lovely guy and seeing him succeed here would be nice but I remember him looking good in van Gaal's 1st pre-season and he rubbish once the season began. I still think this season may be his last here if José is as determined as he says he is to take us to the top.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
agree. looks very sharp.
Would be nice if he gets a proper chance. He has not been as great as we all hoped he would be but in the right set up, he could be brilliant. In the pre-season, he has positively surprised me. Let's see what Jose thinks

MounchesterUtd

I trust Jose's judgment on this, but personally, I believe Mata has shown more in the offseason to warrant the start at no. 10 than Rooney.

Of course, the Pogba situation complicates this as he doesn't excel in a midfield 2, so a move to 433 may be required - which doesn't suit Mata.

Jaybomb

He's been much better than Rooney in pre season. Besides the obvious captain issue... does anyone seriously think Rooney warrants a starting place by default? :nervous: Mata has flair and will create for Zlatan.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's been working very hard, this time he wants to make things right, can't blame a guy for trying. Hope he can win over the boss, proper professional. Could do worse than having Mata around, icing on the cake would be if he'll score the winner at Stamford Bridge. :)

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He's been working very hard, this time he wants to make things right, can't blame a guy for trying. Hope he can win over the boss, proper professional. Could do worse than having Mata around, icing on the cake would be if he'll score the winner at Stamford Bridge. :)

And Mourinho celebrates down the touchline to our fans anfield style :drool:

Man Utd 0:0 Everton (Pre-season)

Yagami

Good post resistant
Looked okay when he came on despite not having much time. Played a nice ball over the top of Everton's defence. As things stand, I'd have him over Mkhi starting.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
And Mourinho celebrates down the touchline to our fans anfield style :drool:
That's the celebration if we put their title hopes to bed...i think Mourinho still likes their fans, but he's holding grudges against the Board and some of the players, looking forward to the games...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
So much for not being part of the manager's plans. But on the wing again.

Minimalist

Jammy as hell but he won't care! Been one of the only bright sparks in this first half and ran down the ball well there.

Now he's got a taste we'd be better with him central and Miki on for Rooney.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Thought today would be massive for him due to rumours of his departure. Certainly showing his worth to Mourinho if he's still interested in keeping him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
At least he ain't leaving without a fight.

Jammy goal but tbf he has been making dangerous runs off the ball.

acnumber9

The kind of blistering pace that gets you in behind that only Juan Mata can provide.

Tiber

Jammy as hell but he won't care! Been one of the only bright sparks in this first half and ran down the ball well there.

Now he's got a taste we'd be better with him central and Miki on for Rooney.
Dont tease me!

GazTheLegend

The fact he's starting ahead of Mikhatryan among others shows how highly Mourinho really rates him. And Mata looks HUNGRY.

Status
Not open for further replies.