6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tom33

I think his movement and finishing are better than his vision and creativity tbh
I don't necessarily disagree, but where he is lacking is his physical attributes, and that's why I think he needs players around him who can stretch the defence and create spaces for him to work in.

The United

Very reliable and productive player more often than not and more than most as well in our squad.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't necessarily disagree, but where he is lacking is his physical attributes, and that's why I think he needs players around him who can stretch the defence and create spaces for him to work in.
Yeah I agree, Rashford and Martial and Mhiki with him has a lot of possibilities

Sylar

He seems to always pop up with an important goal. I was kinda saddened when I heard Rashford was coming on for him (rather than a defensive player) when it looked like we were going for a goal.
Glad he got a goal. But his pass to Mkhi in the first half was really good.

Acole9

Outstanding
Well played for the goal, it made the remainder of the match slightly better.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My MOTM yesterday. Hes no highlight reel player, but he constantly finds him self in good attacking positions and his attacking passing is among the best in the club.
More like best in the league. Had he been a big name player like Pogba or Zlatan, his contributions would be more recognized

shield

Excellent performance once again. Has been great this season.

It is especially laudable, because our strategy was very defensive and he did not have many players assisting him out to organize our attack. He just had Mikhi to help him out and it is a joy to see both of them combine for a move. Both similar players on the same wavelength. Think Rashford will be a better fit with him and Mihi because even though Zlatan is very good, he can be very selfish and mostly tries to take a shot himself.

Also, his play seemed to improve when Herrera pushed forward because of the Pogba injury and Fellaini came on to take Herrera's role. That 'Mikhi - Mata - Herrera' interplay works so well.

Currently, him, Mikhi and Herrera look like the only players in our squad who are able to consistently create something through the middle. I am just worried that we may do something stupid like try to replace him next summer instead of building on what he provides.

Jev

Nah, been fine again today. Not an eye-catching performance but plenty of intelligent runs and passes. Just a wonderful footballer and one of the performers of the season.

Last edited:

finneh

Silently keeps things ticking over - One of the few players who can keep hold of the ball. It's no coincidence we're under pressure when he's goes off.

Roboc7

Game passed him by, just didnt have the pace and we played quite direct so didn't suit him.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was decent. Nothing spectacular but not bad. Keeps the ball ticking.
Also, his sprint alongside Lingard for our 2nd goal was pretty fast especially for a player who is considered slow

gavdim2002

We lost control when Mata went off. Very important player and should not have been taken off for a defender.

Devil may care

I think he's better when he can float off the wing and pick up clever positions and make good runs, today he was tasked with having more of the ball and didn't really get into the game enough.

MadMike

He was our creative spark today. I thought he was pretty good, considering the midfield of Fellaini & Carrick couldn't control the ball and the tempo.

Sid234

He started the game off slow but he got involved more midway through the 1st half and was great. Boro were having trouble dealing with his movement and quick passes

Cantona_Forever

Goes invisible most games imo
What the hell you watched? One of our best player out there yesterday. He's our main linking between defense and attack for 'our league cup team' on a difficult away ground in a match that desperately needed result. No Mhiki, Herrera and Pogba to help yet he still made our midfield ticking. Just looks at our performance at Ewood Park with Mhiki running the strings alone and you'll appreciate Mata performance last night more. That game we hardly created but last night we dominated for a long period of time.
And he should have an assist at least but Rashford was just unlucky.

Last edited:

Fracture90

Don't think he should be part of the defensive/counter attack oriented setup.

He has no pace nor the strength to get it done.

Slow buildup is his bread and butter.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really really like Mata, I think yesterday was difficult for all the attackers (odd to say when you score three goals but hey ho) but he set up Rashford really well a few times.
Him and Mkhy behind Ibra or Rashford should be the way forward for us in a lot of matches this season I reckon.

Robertd0803

Had a busy game and looked knackered when he came off. He didn't get selected for Spain again no?

Status
Not open for further replies.