Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Mail saying he will stay. And that he got assurances from the club and manager as soon as Mourinho was announced.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Maybe we're paying him enough that he'll accept a squad role? And, as at Chelsea, Mourinho will be happy to use him in a squad role until he gets an offer good enough for both the club and Mata.

Raw

I really want him to stay, give him this one season to prove himself under a top manager with better players around him. None of this selling him to Everton for £20m bollocks please.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I really want him to stay, give him this one season to prove himself under a top manager with better players around him. None of this selling him to Everton for £20m bollocks please.
This.

But if this is true, he needs to pull his socks up. Last chance for him to make a major contribution to the team.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Love him to bits. And look how he saw off those Independence Day aliens.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
there can only be one JM at Old Trafford.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Everyone knows he is a class player at his best... issue is can he thrive in a Mourinho team, in the premier league, and consistently? One thing to be said for him as that whenever he needed to prove a point off the bench, he did a good job. There's no doubting that the #10 position is up for grabs at United, so with added pace and quality around him he could do well. Hope we keep him as he is no doubt better then most others in the squad, and gives us some qualities we lack. We'll see what happens I guess.

keener

With Mkhitarian and Rooney at 10 I'm afraid Mata finds himself without a position... Herrera as well probably behind Juan...

I hope he stays, he's been a good Red and has been nothing but class since arriving.

suheilsworld

He looked like a man possessed. Wanted to get involved in anything and everything. Even had a nasty follow through tackle on Powell, very unlike Mata. It would be foolish to right off any players based on their previous season form (Except Fellaini) considering we had LVG running his circus. Mata along with Memphis and Januzaj need one season under Mourinho.

Devil may care

Feisty when he came on and looked good, keeping him to compete with Micki wouldn't be a bad idea.

ti vu

Still very physical weak. There were still occasions being forced to pass back and slowed down play. Before Mata's nasty challenge on Powell, Mata was easily brushed off trying to challenge for the ball, which I suspected frustrated Mata leading to the one on Powell. Another one is. Powell easily physically disposed Mata in our half. Mata's pressing faded as the game went. Even his earlier pressing was not satisfactory. It's more of GK's blunder than extreme forced error pressing. Can't fault his effort but his defensive, pressing quality is still questionable. Mata's final ball, key moment is good as usual.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
He looked like a man possessed. Wanted to get involved in anything and everything. Even had a nasty follow through tackle on Powell, very unlike Mata. It would be foolish to right off any players based on their previous season form (Except Fellaini) considering we had LVG running his circus. Mata along with Memphis and Januzaj need one season under Mourinho.
Right because Mhiki and Mata can't play on the right because... ??

Devil may care

It will be interesting to see if he plays as the #10 against Dortmund with Micki and Lingard either side of him.

RedDevil@84

So there goes the theory that Mata was forced out of Chelsea because Jose hated him.
And Jose makes it very clear that Mata has a role to play if he wants to.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Good to hear. Must have given Mata confidence. I think his work rate has increased as well under LvG compared to his time at Chelsea.

Glideman

I really think Mata will surprise a lot of people this season

Dobbs

So there goes the theory that Mata was forced out of Chelsea because Jose hated him.
And Jose makes it very clear that Mata has a role to play if he wants to.
Why would he hate him? Just drama queens inventing stories again.

Best first touch at the club. Probably the best finisher. Best free kick taker. Actually moves off the ball. (Going off last season).

Yeah he has weaknesses but so does every player at the club.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's worth keeping around just for some depth and because he can score goals, but my god is he average. I couldn't believe how much we spent on him at the time he was bought and he's done nothing to change my mind since.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Not really. As I said in my post, I've felt this way about Mata since he was at Chelsea.
Well then I can't help you there. If you think he'd be a poor fit for our side, that's understandable but "my God is he average" to a player that was arguably the best of the league for 2 seasons is ridiculous to sya.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well then I can't help you there. If you think he'd be a poor fit for our side, that's understandable but "my God is he average" to a player that was arguably the best of the league for 2 seasons is ridiculous to sya.
He was good in a poor Chelsea side, and I never had him as one of the best in the league. I liked him at Valencia, but the more I watched of him at Chelsea the less I rated him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He wasn't but he was good

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Maybe he peaked early. He was much more dynamic at Valencia.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I mean, I remember when we signed him and how this board and, well, the majority of United fans in general were so excited. I felt like I had misjudged the player feeling like the only one that wasn't excited, so I actually got a bit excited despite not rating him as highly as others because of how crazy everyone was going. Turns out my feelings were sadly right because he's not been up to much since joining us. Well, apart from that Liverpool game which probably justifies the fee alone.

AndyJ1985

He's a useful #10 to have at the club. With squad players as bad asLingard and Depay we can't afford to get rid of a decent player like Mata.

JoaquinJoaquin

He's a useful #10 to have at the club. With squad players as bad asLingard and Depay we can't afford to get rid of a decent player like Mata.
Agree with this. I think with Mata it just shows that how much a certain system can make a player look much better than he is. There was no doubt that Mata was excellent at Chelsea but for United and Spain he just hasn't looked the same. For the money we would get back for him I would rather just keep him, he does have moments of excellence, regardless of the patchy form.

Status
Not open for further replies.