5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

Fresh player taken off after 55 mins says it all.

Did win the first penalty, though seemed a harsh decision.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Hard to wrap your head around it, but he’s got even slower. Legs are completely gone, the vision went a while ago, and he’s become reduced to coming in off the wing and spreading play to the other side. What else does he offer?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Mata was a shadow of his best self today. Pointless to play him when its clear he's done at United, and both sides know it. Could've given someone like Pereira some minutes instead, since he's actually likely to be at the club next season. Played like someone who's already out of the door, which he pretty much is.

drdoityourself

I get that he is slow and weak but what I really don't like seeing is how slow his passing is. More often than not the receiving player has to wait quite a while when the ball rolls towards him. As intelligent a player as he seems, it bugs me how pedestrian he is.

Morpheus 7

Sad but he's too slow at this level now. Seems a lovely person but United need an upgrade, he was never used right as a ten and now he's too slow. Italy maybe a good move for Juan, be crazy to be offering him a big contract.

Ace of Spades

Now he can't even seem to generate enough power in his legs to complete simple passes. So many passes under hit, it was pathetic to watch. Hope Barca did not see that, and are still interested.

Born2Lose

Embarrassing is the only word. It's like playing with 10 men, unfortunately a sad indictment of how the club is run that this guy gets minutes instead of a youngster with potential.

NinjaFletch

Personally, I like Mata. If he does indeed have an offer from the club we should all just give up. Looks woefully past it.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
Now he can't even seem to generate enough power in his legs to complete simple passes. So many passes under hit, it was pathetic to watch. Hope Barca did not see that, and are still interested.
Maybe we can agree not to watch Mata's performances if you promise to do the same for Coutinho

Roboc7

What’s the point in him staying another season or two, he isnt player we signed anymore. If we do add quality to the squad he’ll play even less so bite the bullet and give his game time to one or two of the youngsters. He’s exactly the type of player we need to be either selling or not offering a new deal to.

Mrdan1709

I still think hes a good player and would perform superbly in another team. We just lack top players for him to link up with and playmake for. I imagine Messi himself would consider retirement if he was playmaking for Lukaku.

Kaglish10

I still think hes a good player and would perform superbly in another team. We just lack top players for him to link up with and playmake for. I imagine Messi himself would consider retirement if he was playmaking for Lukaku.
Excuses. He's been abject for the Spanish national team since ages. Get rid. If I had my way, I would have all of them out of our club.

Last edited:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
No. His time is over and he should have been moved on last summer

JoaquinJoaquin

Nah, his legs have officially gone now.

Roboc7

He hasn’t really been that good in his whole time here and is getting worse. He could be a world beater anywhere else and I couldn’t care less just want him out the door.

If players aren’t producing year after year then it’s time to get rid not give them new contracts.

MadMike

He's a pedestrian player nowadays. End of the road for him in a United shirt, hopefully.

Lee565

I guess I am one of the rare fans that wants him to stay, would much rather keep him and see Lingard flogged off as I know who I would much rather have in our dressing room influencing any youngsters that are playing in our 1st team.

We have to be the worst team for wasting the signings of talented footballers since Fergie left, Mata has practically been played out on the wing the during his entire time at the club when he should have been playing centrally all this time, had Fergie had him it would be a no brainer to use him centrally, we saw what he did with Giggs once he lost his speed. Thought he played really well against Chelsea in the fa cup when he was playing central, even closing down really well which isn't bad for a player that has supposedly lost his legs.

Guarantee next season we still be struggling and looking at mata in another team using him in the right way and moaning about how he's performing better than our attackers.

Irwin99

A very quiet season. Can't really argue if the club doesn't want to renew his contract.

I like the guy a lot and maybe you could argue he came to the club during a bad time but the transfer really hasn't been a success (not a huge failure either).

Thanks for Juanfield though :D

Red00012

A very quiet season. Can't really argue if the club doesn't want to renew his contract.

I like the guy a lot and maybe you could argue he came to the club during a bad time but the transfer really hasn't been a success (not a huge failure either).

Thanks for Juanfield though :D
There is an offer on the table.

Based Adnan

Absolutely brilliant human being but the fact we offered him a new deal despite him being so obviously finished says it all.

Devil may care

My MOTM, showed some composure and vision in the final 3rd and that was a very well taken goal, it's not that he was outstanding but his awareness in the final 3rd was a breath of fresh air after what we've seen in the last couple of months.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Dunno why we took him off. He was the only one who's passing and decision making was consistently good.

McT should have come on for Matic

acnumber9

If half our squad were as good at football as Juan Mata we’d be finishing top 4. It’s a shame that he just hasn’t got the legs anymore.

Minimalist

Got pillared for starting. Was apparently going to cost us.

Scored the goal and was involved with much of the best stuff in the first half.

Never change Caf, never change.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My MOTM. Should have stayed on and his movement was fantastic. With the kind of form Lingard has been in, I have no idea how Mata wasn't starting more

Paul_Scholes18

He is the player with the best football brain in our squad. Sad that he has lost the pace though and is a bit too slow these days. Played well though. Would rather keep him over say Sanchez as a squad player, but think we will let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.