5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Was clear he was done before this season and never should have got that contract. Like a lot of this squad he isn’t good enough but he’ll be playing regularly.

mewnew11

I am just sick and tired of Mata. Bored of him actually.

It's irks me that commentators keep saying he has the creative spark. I have not seen him create forever. I am sorry but mata's whole career at United is nothing but a failure.

We gave him a two year contract . Can you believe it? He looks done. Can't run or do shit anymore.

Him and matic starting simply means two men short now add lingard and rashford to the team and where the feck will the goals come from ? Ole is an idiot to keep playing Mata

meamth

Stop playing Mata ffs.

He should be a backup player, not starting games!!!

I swear if Mata still starting for us the next 3 games, ill be on sack Ole banter.

Based Adnan

His creativity is a complete myth. One of the most negative players in the squad. Absolute backwards merchant.

Serious questions need to be asked of Ole for his handling of Mata. Not only does he start him every league game he let him stay on the pitch for 80 minutes today despite being beyond useless. He is completely finished as a player and how our coaching staff hasn't realised that is extremely worrying.

Still can't believe he got given a 3 year contract after the shite he's served up for the past few seasons. Rewarding failure seems to be the norm.

drdoityourself

Can't turn with the ball. Can't run with the ball. Can not hold off a defender. Can not gather enough power to pass it with purpose.
He has no physical element left in him to warrant being a Premier League player, let alone a Manchester United player.
Who thought it was a good idea to renew? Everything I just mentioned was visible the whole of last season.

We've become so addicted to safe, boring, squad players, which is what he has become. We have no patience for players like Zaha and Depay but those who tread water, those boring, poor players have 9 lives here.

Stadjer

how he missed that chance... well, likely just too slow.

Gomes wouldnt have done worse and atleast he can run. No need to pay Mata 100k a week if a acadamy player can do the same and maybe even better.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's done basically. In fact dare to say Lingard who has been poor is twice better player than him right now. Mata has no pace, no strength to hold the ball, his passing is getting worse, no energy to chase down his men & can't even score a good chance.

kundalini

Oh dear! After an awful first half, he goes and misses a huge chance early in the 2nd half. Passing was miles below his usual standard.

drdoityourself

Oh dear! After an awful first half, he goes and misses a huge chance early in the 2nd half. Passing was miles below his usual standard.
What's his usual passing standard. Past 18 months at least, his passing is safe and weak.

Mcking

He was useless. That he stayed on till the 80th minute is a testament to Solskjaer uselessness.

Fosu-Mens

He's done basically. In fact dare to say Lingard who has been poor is twice better player than him right now. Mata has no pace, no strength to hold the ball, his passing is getting worse, no energy to chase down his men & can't even score a good chance.
Been like this for 3 years, nothing new.

But he is such a nice guy....

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Should have been sold years ago. Useless player.
This. When Mourinho came in he should have been sold.

Talk about a player on the gravy train collecting his 100 k each week. Has been terrible mostly since we bought him. Bar a spell under Van Gaal.

Should be nowhere near the team.

flappyjay

Not his fault at this point in time. We all thought we would walk but he got a contract. No one in their right mind would have turned it down without better alternatives. He also can't refuse to get picked. Ole looked at this bloke last season and said this man can perform for me. Saw him against leicester and still thought yeah he can do it. Saw him disappear in the first half today and still said yeah, he can pull something off.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our first loss in the league with him in the starting XI since Brighton loss last year. And like back in that game, he was possibly the worst player on the pitch in this game. Apart from a couple of nice passes, did not do enough.

LoneStar

I'd rather we play with 10 men than see him on the pitch again. Worse than useless.

Ace of Spades

Need to be told to feck off, this is not charity. Don't care how nice you are, if you can't keep up then you need to go. Can barely run, and even technically he seems poor.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Absolutely awful and with us for at least 2 more years. He's a total non entity. No strength, can't tackle, creates nothing, rarely scores. Just utter dross.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Just a pointless player, with pointless extended contract.

Devil may care

Had a 10 minute period in the 2nd half where he got turned around and played a couple of decent balls, but the rest of the time he just shoved the ball back from where it came and offered nothing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
One of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long time.

God knows why we thought giving him another 3 years was a smart idea

Mr.Kaya

Need to be told to feck off, this is not charity. Don't care how nice you are, if you can't keep up then you need to go. Can barely run, and even technically he seems poor.
Agreed. Barely deserves to be on the bench at this point tbh. Gomes should be given the chance ahead of him from now on, lets see if Ole agrees with that...

Alabaster Codify7

Juan Mata looked, physically and in terms of his performance, like a 45yr old man today.

Renewing his contract was so pointless. But, I guess it's cheaper than replacing him right, Woodward?

Leonzo1

Dreadful performance tonight. Can't remember the exact game that made Gary Neville realize he needs to retire but it's the same level of awfulness, If not worse.

Foxbatt

And we got rid of Fellaini but kept Mata. I am not saying that Fellaini should not have been sold but surely he is a much more useful player than Mata. At least he makes a nuisance of himself and can throw himself about and his elbows and hairdo and generally defenders are scared of him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Never liked him here. Slow and predictable

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Everybody knew he was done except the club. We start him, Periera and Matic started in same 11 and wonder why we are slow and dull.

Kostov

He is absolutely useless in this kind of games, every sane United fans would have told you the same and yet Ole picked him. On top of that he lasted 80 fecking minutes, that frankly was the last straw for me regarding how incompetent the manager is during in game changes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is such a pointless player. Takes too many touches to control the ball, loses possession when someone presses him, even when he has time he doesn't try to play creative passes. Yesterday when we were trailing, he had ball in the final third and attacker made the run in the box, instead of trying the pass, he just passed the ball to the player next to him which was so pointless.

We are relying on our defensive minded players to create chances when our creative players who play as 10 don't want to play risky passes.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
What other industry can you think of where someone is clearly incapable of performing their job but can't be sacked?

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Brings nothing to the game. We were all crying last seasons to see him behind a striker, but truth is that he's past and should have left the club this summer.

Awful choice to have in our squad. With him, Lingard and Pereira, we must have one of the poorest attack in the PL

Status
Not open for further replies.