5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

I fail to see in what areas Gomes is behind Mata as a CAM (experience aside). Gomes is faster, has at the very least the same technique (if not better) and suits high-press style much better.

It is a mystery why Mata receives minutes that belong to Gomes...

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I fail to see in what areas Gomes is behind Mata as a CAM (experience aside). Gomes is faster, has at the very least the same technique (if not better) and suits high-press style much better.

It is a mystery why Mata receives minutes that belong to Gomes...
Uhhhhhhh, que? Juan Mata is class, Angel Gomes is a kid with potential who's looked good in a few pre season games. They're absolutely miles apart right now.

Kevin_

I like Juan, I really do. Unfortunately just cause of his lack of pace and unable to press I prefer he don’t start most games.

I think bringing him off the bench when the game is 0-0 or 1-1 in the 70th is ideal as I think he’s our only player who can lock -pick a defense in the final third.

Question is who plays 10? Lingard or Gomes? Or?

buckooo1978

Mata is looking really sharp this pre-season - his passing, touches and vision are all in short enough supply - he's managed to get heavily involved in the games we've played so far i think

lovely interplay with Gomes for his goal and I have a feeling he will have a really impactful season this year

Untd55

Will always feel Mata has been such a wasted player here. Got 32 goals and 48 assists in two seasons for Chelsea as a CAM in all competitions. We sign him and play him as a right-winger.

Think it is too late now to get much out of him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The only potential benefit I can see in an extension for him is as some sort of morale boosting thing/keeping De Gea here longer/mentoring Gomes a bit. Gomes is a much better player now, but he is young so guess itll help having Mata as a player who can guide him in training with some things.

the hea

We are selling Lukaku because he doesn't fit the tactics and I'm all behind that but why is Mata and Matic getting so many minutes? They look like even worse fits in the system we are trying to play.

Foxbatt

Could be the DeGea issue. He is a nice guy and maybe wanted to keep him this season?

red4ever 79

Nice person but is a blocker. Has been resigned to drive De Gea to work. Is only going to block the deveopment of Gomes and Greenwood

Eddy_JukeZ

Another player like Matic who is completely finished.

Hopefully both barely play. It's maddening to me that he got an extension.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's absolutely terrible.

I despair seeing him in the squad never mind being our go-to sub for a result.

MiceOnMeth

Our number 1 attacking option from the bench ladies and gents.. Laughably ineffective.

mu4c_20le

The feck were those crosses about. We know his legs are gone, but without the passing might as well permanently replace him with Pereira. Redundant to have them both on the bench anyways.

Time for him to ask for a transfer. You knew we were staying at 1 goal once he came on.

Rish Sawhney

Seriously wasn't he supposed to be good at through balls? I saw at least 2 chances where he could put someone in and he just underhit the passes. He's like a shit Lingard. And Lingard's shit enough.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can anyone say with their chest that they honestly thought he’d make a difference when he came on?

El Jefe

His fan club will be in here to tell us he was fine and that there was no movement.

Absolutely done at the top level and has been for 2 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.