5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderlust_09

His passing was slightly off today and some of the attempted risky passes didn't work out (He himself admitted that in the post-match interview). Missed a good chance in the first half.

But I'm glad he finished the game with a goal.
Good give and go to Fred - nice movement by him and killer ball by Fred.

Liking this Mata.

Foxbatt

His best run of sustained form in ages, he links so well with Bruno and the movement and composure on the finish for his goal was superb.
He was terrible before he scored the goal. His passes were short and always went to the opposition and I was wondering what on Earth he was doing there. He lost possession a lot too. He has played well in recent times but today was not one of those days.

Andersons Dietician

Did seem to be having a weird game. Gave the ball away which seemed like a lot. A lot of things weren’t coming off for him either. There were great moments of play between he and Bruno but then Mata would muck up the pass.

I am liking that there seems to be a lot more 1 touch football going on throughout the team.

Tiber

His game is in decline, but he is still about 3 times the player Lingard is. Its absurd that he gets lumped in with Lingard and Pereria when people are having a moan

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Thought he was far from his best last night but an expert finish for the goal redeemed his performance overall. What a ball from Fred.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought he was fine, hardly the terrible performance people in the match day thread were making out, particularly in the first half where he knocked a couple of lovely balls to James. Not as good as other recent performances though... But I think it really helps us when pretty much all our players on the pitch have an excellent touch and are comfortable on the ball. Everything just feels a lot smoother.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Didn't really know where to put this. I saw it under the Ashley Young tweet in the corona thread.

Man Utd 3:0 Sheffield Utd

Raw

I find it quite crazy that he's got 250 appearances for us now. In our squad he has the 2nd highest amount of appearances behind De Gea (or 3rd if you also count Smalling). Didn't feel like that long ago when he joined.

Walters_19_MuFc

I find it quite crazy that he's got 250 appearances for us now. In our squad he has the 2nd highest amount of appearances behind De Gea (or 3rd if you also count Smalling). Didn't feel like that long ago when he joined.
I thought the exact same thing when I saw it. Had to double check.

el3mel

Think he's the only other one beside De Gea who witnessed the full post Ferige saga so far, and played under all the 4 managers. Incredible when you think about it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think he's the only other one beside De Gea who witnessed the full post Ferige saga so far, and played under all the 4 managers. Incredible when you think about it.
Don't forget Jones too.

AltiUn

Well it's easy to forget this one tbf. He barely plays but you're right. :D
It's actually quite mental when you think about it, I think he's coming up to his testimonial :lol:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Thought the exact same thing when I heard that while watching the game. More appearances than RVN (219), Park (205) and Evans (198).

dr.twinny

Should've been sold a season or two ago. I have to say he has to go down as one of the biggest flops at this club after his stellar performances at Chelsea.

el3mel

He's more of a deadwood at the moment. It's shame but it's time to move on. Only 32 years though so can't see him retiring now, will have to leave.

AltiUn

Usually he's very tidy in possession but nothing was going right for him today, even his first touch was sloppy.

Morpheus 7

I'm a huge fan of the player and man but his day is over at this level. It was a mistake giving him a new contract, said it at the time. Can't pay big money to have nice guys, need good players that will improve. It was like father Ted football today when it came to him, can't run. We need replacements now and to let him go another side, can't give wages to a man that plays 1 good game a season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Mata looked lost out there. Even his usually impeccable touch was off. Really poor. Making a mockery of the new deal. Sad to see how he has declined.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Depressing to see him perform like that, nothing worked for him; can’t imagine he’s got many games left with us.
He did get an assist... So one thing did!

Off the pace first half, second half he was better and growing into the game.

I'd put it down to not being match fit... Let's not forget that before the break he was playing very well with Bruno.

E-mal

I'm a huge fan of the player and man but his day is over at this level. It was a mistake giving him a new contract, said it at the time. Can't pay big money to have nice guys, need good players that will improve. It was like father Ted football today when it came to him, can't run. We need replacements now and to let him go another side, can't give wages to a man that plays 1 good game a season.
I was pointing it out in the match thread and someone was trying to point to some non performance. He is done at this level and his wages could go to someone far more quality. He is stealing a living and is not that he's been one spectacular servant of the club lime a Rooney was. Even Wazza put in fat better performance in his lather days.

Chicharito_

Bruno makes so many of our players look very average in the final third, how we put up with it for so long is mind blowing. Mata and Lingard just get the ball and choose the safest option every time, Mata is a master at dribbling back towards our goal and then giving it to a CB or RB/LB. Bruno has set the standard, we don't care how many times it doesn't come off but at least try and do something! Bruno gives the ball away so much but then boom he creates match deciding moments, unfortunately for Mata and Lingard they've had their time here, time to replace them with some youngsters who can learn from the players we want them to be like.

NinjaFletch

I think he's a good summary of out post Fergie problems tbh.

Good player, signed by a manager who had absolutely no idea why he wanted him or where to play him, only fleetingly looked like he's fully fit in, and whose contract was inexplicably renewed despite looking a long way past it in the last few seasons. Nevertheless, had his moments of brilliance (Juanfield) and is a bit of a fan favourite by virtue of being a nice guy and not being Fellaini.

I'm not even sure there's a place for a top club for even a prime Mata in the modern game, his position has largely just dissapeared.

RooneyLegend

Why is he still here? Pretty sure he could be decent for some side in the pedestrian Serie A but he's done for us. Never been a fan but then I'm not a fan of many attackers who lack dynamism.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He’s still useful with faster players around him. Having Ighalo and Lingard around him was strange. Out of Pereria, Lingard and Mata he’s the one I’d keep.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
First off, Mata had a horrible game today. No doubt. But I still think there is a spot for Mata in the squad. I just don't think today was the right time. He is only as good as the players on the pitch with him. So in a weakened squad, he's not going to do well. However, I don't think there is a place for him. Not against top teams, but against teams who are going to park the bus. He is a smart player and is good at finding space. Today I think he would have been ideal to come off the bench with Pogba when Norwich were down to 10 men, not starting along side Messi Lingardinho...

Web of Bissaka

Occasionally can pull off a good passes or two creating chances per game. Fine technical passing games like usual.

Too much safe back passes though, it's pointless.

So uhh.. a very limited number of minutes should be given. This is on the manager. Be ruthless.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
i think every player can be off the hook for one bad game back after the restart. mata was ok (as a backup for cup games) before the lockdown.
he obviously should not be near the first team, so we have to hope pogba and bruno stay fit.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
We all know his legs went about 5 years ago but it was really weird yesterday seeing how many times he'd show and move and then just be standing a yard or two away from one of our other players. McTominay especially a few times was like "Juan mate, fecking hell get up the field ffs" and waving gestures of 'feck off out of my space' at him. Instead of acknowledging it and staying forward he just kept taking up positions in peoples way the whole time. Bizarre.

Alemar

Did he officially register an assist yesterday? From what I saw he touched the ball that came to Ighalo for his tap in

Status
Not open for further replies.