Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Dve

Hope to see him in some club ambassador role when he’s retired.
I´d love to see that, but there it nothing suggesting Mata is about to retire at the age of 32, and he won´t be playing much for United in the future - and if we sign Sancho and/or Grealish, even less so. If we can get 5m for him, we should sell.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I´d love to see that, but there it nothing suggesting Mata is about to retire at the age of 32, and he won´t be playing much for United in the future - and if we sign Sancho and/or Grealish, even less so. If we can get 5m for him, we should sell.
Which is fine, many players have left the club and became ambassadors, such as Fortune.

Idxomer

Some great stuff when he came on especially the bit of ball control near the right-wing.

Web of Bissaka

Extend his contract

Seriously though, what's the point? We scored 5, leading by three.. and instead of playing the other younger players, let's play Mata?

He did well, I give him that.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

AFC NimbleThumb

With our reliance on Bruno in the no.10 role I’d like to see Mata used there as an alternative.

I’d given up on the man but think he could still be lethal with the attack we now have ahead of him; only issue is he’s not all action in getting the ball back like Bruno.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I liked the following interplay between Mata and Bruno.

I wonder if Mata can have a strong end to the season. A lot has understandably been made of the chemistry between Fernandes and Pogba, and to a lesser extent Martial, but it also looked like Mata and Fernandes were cultivating a symbiotic relationship themselves. One notable example being the the involvement between them here.Those are the kind of cutbacks that the likes of Arsenal, Dortmund and Man City create in abundance. Its cutbacks that players like Martial and Greenwood would appreciate, as not enough of their goals being one touch finish.

On another occasion in the same game, Bruno made another lofted pass to Mata at the back post, this time almost resulting in a goal from Mata. Against LASK, the pass sequence which led to Ighalo's goal against Brugge happened again. This one is Mata operating from a central position as exemplified by here.

Showing this one as its from a different position, and the type of goal we've looked more likely to score that way since the emergence of Bruno. Regarding different positions, this is useful as our other options in the attacking phase are inherently capable of causing a threat in multiple positions. I vaguely remember Bruno causing a threat to the opposition being the closest attacker on the right, either having a shot on goal or offering himself as an option on the ball, can't remember if he received it or not.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Don't know how to feel about this one. Obviously not a starter in this team anymore but does give us another option off the bench. Not the worst player to have played for the club in the last few years and I will always remember that goal against Liverpool. Juanfield!

Dve

This is a performance thread. Set up a new one in the transfer forum if you wish to discuss his transfer, please.
Personally, I´d prefer one Juan Mata thread where everything around the player could be discussed, instead of having multiple threads, but if that´s the way the staff want it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Personally, I´d prefer one Juan Mata thread where everything around the player could be discussed, instead of having multiple threads, but if that´s the way the staff want it.
Yeah, it's not a decision that we've made overnight, but it is now the forum policy – death to megathreads.

SER19

Where is he? One of our few subs of quality and hardly playing when rotation needed.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Weird that he's not getting any minutes at all. He still offers miles more than nothing players like James.

Devil may care

He's often having a chinwag with Ole I've noticed, i thought we'd kept him to transition him to the coaching staff but then the fenerbache story popped up.

RedStarUnited

If you dont trust him to come on in games when everyone looks tired like today....What is the point of having him around?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I do think, that had we had a bit more control over the game in the last 15-20 mins, he would have been perfect to have around

Zoo

Sad to say but he’s really poor nowadays. MLS level probably.

mu4c_20le

Credit where its due etc but this live update from bbc sums up his night:

He's only been on for four minutes and now he's on the scoresheet. Juan Mata gets a pass right this time, Anthony Martial turns on the afterburners to sprint through a space in the middle of the LASK defence.

Based Adnan

He's finished. I don't get how we can expect him to come in as a back up for league games next season. And if we can't expect that then what's the point in keeping him around?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's finished. I don't get how we can expect him to come in as a back up for league games next season. And if we can't expect that then what's the point in keeping him around?
hugs

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was a weird game for him. Got quite a few passes and touches wrong, but still managed 2 assists and could have had a couple more had Maguire scored off the corner and Martial finished his 1 v 1 towards the end

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been finished for a while.

Should have been sold a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.