5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heardy

Needs to be managed as his legs can’t handle 90 mins every game/week.

Technically one of our best players though and some of his link up play is still a class above half the team.

Chuffed for him.

MiracleInMadrid

Has been saying it for a long time. He must play against in matches we expect to dominate on the ball. Plays and thinks twice as fast as most of the rest of the squad. We aren't going to break down teams on the regular with players taking 3 and 4 touches almost every time and everywhere on the pitch.

Mata knows witch option he has before he recieves the ball. So rare to see in our team nowadays.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Probably his best game for around 5 years. I don't expect him to keep it up though.

DoomSlayer

Can't believe how great Mata has been, should be an automatic starter at this rate. We played some beautiful football with him and Bruno. :drool:

acnumber9

He was outstanding tonight. Really enjoyed watching him play. He still has it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Beautiful performance and that’s what happen when you have creativity other than Bruno, it gives you so much balance in attack rather than just having front three of goalscorer which the point why Ole wanted Sancho.

Devil77

No surprise really. People are too rash to judge him when he is played with the second string. Give him some intelligent players around him and he will shine.

Reactions: Livvie

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Been the most consistent player so far this season. Hope he has a nice Indian summer at the club as he winds down.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He should always play against teams that are happy for us to have the ball like Newcastle. I think he’s a bit underrated in general for us, really good player.

el3mel

Some of his link up play with Bruno though ! Brilliant. Both have good footballing brain and definitely linked up much better than anything I have seen with Bruno-Pogba link (regardless of the results).

Irrational.

Was awesome today, some of his one-touch football and link-up play was sensational. He links up well with our other midfielders too, really rolled back the years.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not sure if the Bruno comparisons are warranted, Mata has played at a higher level for longer and won more than Bruno but they are different stages of their career. Mata's been out of form while Bruno has established himself.

It's an apples and oranges comparison even if they play similar positions.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
MOTM by a mile. His legs might be gone, but his footballing intelligence is almost second to none. Always seems to be in the right place and always seems to know where everyone else is, Could have had 3 assist tonight, That one touch pass to Rashford was pure sex

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of my favourite players of the last decade. Horribly misused for the majority of his United career, technically fantastic. I wish we would have given him the 10 position from 2014 instead of shifting him to the wing to accommodate Rooney.

Man of the match every game he’s played this season. Baller.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

I honestly thought Mata was finished six months ago. Fair play to him for rolling back the years.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Some of his link up play with Bruno though ! Brilliant. Both have good footballing brain and definitely linked up much better than anything I have seen with Bruno-Pogba link (regardless of the results).
It was like that pre lockdown

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Seems like Ole is the only one that has understood Mata as a player. Moyes was rigid. LvG didn't allow creative freedom. Mourinho set player into a specific system so under all three Mata was a limited player often chucked on the right where his strengths wasn't utilized. He's got slightly better players around him now.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Not sure if the Bruno comparisons are warranted, Mata has played at a higher level for longer and won more than Bruno but they are different stages of their career. Mata's been out of form while Bruno has established himself.

It's an apples and oranges comparison even if they play similar positions.
He wasnt out of form as much as not being picked

anant

Easily the MOTM for me. If he keeps this form up, Ole is going to have a right headache as to who to drop to accomodate him

kundalini

I was surprised by how good Mata was. Didn't expect him to be so prominent in an away game.

Dudu

What a performance. :drool:

So many of you lot didn't even think he deserved to be a squad player..

Bwuk

He’s the smartest player in the side. Always looks far better when surrounded by players like VdB, Bruno etc, people who can play the way he wants too

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Excellent, excellent game. Reminds me of his time at Chelsea under Benitez.

anant

He’s the smartest player in the side. Always looks far better when surrounded by players like VdB, Bruno etc, people who can play the way he wants too
Exactly. Play him with technically good players and he'll drop a 7/10 or higher every week. Play him with Lingard and Ighalo, and you'd see him drop a 4/10

Reactions: Livvie

Devil81

Would love to see him more often with Fernandes, they really do link up well.

Sad thing is he's practically finished but he's craved a player like Bruno and Donny his whole time at United.

meamth

Seems like Ole is the only one that has understood Mata as a player. Moyes was rigid. LvG didn't allow creative freedom. Mourinho set player into a specific system so under all three Mata was a limited player often chucked on the right where his strengths wasn't utilized. He's got slightly better players around him now.
...and yet, no coaching debate still on.

Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.