5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 90887

We might have found an RW in him for this year until we get a proper player in that position.

We could certainly revisit it (Mata at RW) now that we have more intelligent players around him in VDB and Bruno.

We already have a quick left side with Rashford and Telles, it just means that we will have something different in the right. Mata can drift to the center and VDB to the right during the game when necessary.

Of course, this is against teams that sit back.

Raven

I never say world class player should transform a shit team. You are getting far off from what I said.

I said top players make players around you better that’s including average players. Carrick played with Cleverley or Jones next to him as the midfield partnership, Carrick makes them look better in midfield. RVP played next to Welbeck as the attackers partnership, RVP makes him looks better in attack.
Do you not think Mata helped raise his team mates game in the last few matches? Because I think that's exactly what he's been doing. That's not because he's world class but because he has good movement and great passing/vision, making it much easier for his team mates.

yan man utd

It’s hilarious that people don’t think one of the worlds best midfielders in terms of retaining possession and seeing the bigger picture - should not be in the team

when Mata plays we don’t lose in fact we tend to win

he reminds me of iniesta yet our fans don’t appreciate him like Barca fans did iniesta

it’s about culture

retention of the ball and movement

he and Fernandes and Pogba dovetail perfectly because they are pure footballers and they are on the same wavelength

One more thing- Rashford always seems to come into his own in the final stretches of the match

why is no one telling him to practice his rhythm pre match - I have always remembered players pre match warm up to their greatest strengths he should be running with the ball with the ball at his feet... sorry -unrelated but just my opinion....

Reactions: Livvie

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It’s hilarious that people don’t think one of the worlds best midfielders in terms of retaining possession and seeing the bigger picture - should not be in the team

he reminds me of iniesta yet our fans don’t appreciate him like Barca fans did iniesta

it’s about culture

he and Fernandes and Pogba dovetail perfectly because they are pure footballers and they are on the same wavelength

One more thing- Rashford always seems to come into his own in the final stretches of the match

why is no one telling him to practice his rhythm pre match - I have always remembered players pre match warm up to their greatest strengths he should be running with the ball with the ball at his feet... sorry -unrelated but just my opinion....
We've won just 3 of his last 9 PL starts.

it’s about culture

Who liked this post?!

I like Mata, and clearly he’s a top bloke and one of the best professionals in the game. But he’s nowhere near one of the best midfielders in any category.

That doesn’t mean he’s not useful, and can’t be a good player for us when required and against the right opposition. But bloody hell.

almost missed that you compared him To Iniesta! Bloody Bloody hell.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Do you not think Mata helped raise his team mates game in the last few matches? Because I think that's exactly what he's been doing. That's not because he's world class but because he has good movement and great passing/vision, making it much easier for his team mates.
And? My point still stands then. The problem why Mata has been underperform for years is himself for not performing not because some lame excuses of having lack of quality around him.

RedCurry

Us conceding that early goal in some ways worked perfectly for Mata. He’s an amazing footballer when the other team is backing off and parking the bus. When he has time on the ball and doesn’t have to chase back. he can be a class player.

Raven

And? My point still stands then. The problem why Mata has been underperform for years is himself for not performing not because some lame excuses of having lack of quality around him.
That's precisely why he's been underperforming? When you play with better players, the team plays better and you find the game easier because your runs are spotted and people make more intelligent runs for you to find. It's no coincidence that he's playing his best football in years when he's in there with Bruno, DVB, Pogba, etc. Because they're all excellent footballers who can interlink well naturally. Playing Mata right mid with Valencia behind him and Lukaku beside him, you're asking for trouble.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That's precisely why he's been underperforming? When you play with better players, the team plays better and you find the game easier because your runs are spotted and people make more intelligent runs for you to find. It's no coincidence that he's playing his best football in years when he's in there with Bruno, DVB, Pogba, etc. Because they're all excellent footballers who can interlink well naturally. Playing Mata right mid with Valencia behind him and Lukaku beside him, you're asking for trouble.
Which brings back to our original discussion, RVP had no trouble to play with Welbeck. Carrick had no trouble to play with Cleverley & Jones. Those three are way below in quality compare to Lukaku & Valencia but Mata had trouble to play with someone who has more quality than average players.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Which brings back to our original discussion, RVP had no trouble to play with Welbeck. Carrick had no trouble to play with Cleverley & Jones. Those three are way below in quality compare to Lukaku & Valencia but Mata had trouble to play with someone who has more quality than average players.
Different styles of play, maybe? Mata's best comes when he can play his pass and move games. Half of our players don't make themselves available for a pass - and I'm talking about players like James, Lingard, AP, even Rashford sometimes. On other occasions, the players didn't spot his run after the pass - and that has been quite an issue when he's not had someone like Bruno, Martial, etc. play near him. The interplay between them is glorious and the one touch passing between them has opened up defences on quite a lot of occasions

Gabagoo

I've always fancied Mata as a deep-lying playmaker. Just in front of a back three, spraying passes around and ghosting up the pitch when he sees spaces.

............. Mata.............

McTominay ... Bruno

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Different styles of play, maybe? Mata's best comes when he can play his pass and move games. Half of our players don't make themselves available for a pass - and I'm talking about players like James, Lingard, AP, even Rashford sometimes. On other occasions, the players didn't spot his run after the pass - and that has been quite an issue when he's not had someone like Bruno, Martial, etc. play near him. The interplay between them is glorious and the one touch passing between them has opened up defences on quite a lot of occasions
First of all we both agreed that Mata‘s best season was in 14/15 and then you added a comment yesterday that you believed 16/17 he was also good, those two seasons are from 2 different managers & different style. So this different style of play excuse is lame.

And all of sudden when those players you mentioned play with Mata, players don’t make themselves available for a pass. But with Bruno alone, those same players can somehow make themselves available for a pass. Excuses after excuses. Mata has some good moment under Jose, Ole & LVG with also the same players when he had those lot of poor games so the excuses of saying different style of play and different players don’t match up at all.

Trex

Mata favorite teammates on the field Martial, Fernandes,Vdb,Greenwood,Pogba,why,tiki taka,pass and move football,when Mata plays with this guys he plays well alongside kick and run footballers or long ball merchants he struggles

Raven

Meanwhile, the other players on the pitch were Rooney, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Giggs, Nani, etc. Whereas Mata got to play with people like Shneiderlin, Fellaini, over the hill Rooney, etc. It's much easier for a player like Cleverley to play in a team where he's the only one not quite up to task whereas Mata was surrounded by shite in an even worse system. The fact of the matter is that without a good team/squad, no player will flourish and Cleverley/Welbeck would look intensely shit in any of our teams since Fergie left.

anant

First of all we both agreed that Mata‘s best season was in 14/15 and then you added a comment yesterday that you believed 16/17 he was also good, those two seasons are from 2 different managers & different style. So this different style of play excuse is lame.

And all of sudden when those players you mentioned play with Mata, players don’t make themselves available for a pass. But with Bruno alone, those same players can somehow make themselves available for a pass. Excuses after excuses. Mata has some good moment under Jose, Ole & LVG with also the same players when he had those lot of poor games so the excuses of saying different style of play and different players don’t match up at all.
Firstly, the style of play I was referencing to was of the players and what they do and not the tactical style of play introduced by managers.

With Bruno he's always having someone to pass to, which wasn't the case earlier. The issue everyone had with him was he got dispossessed easily on the ball, as he caught in possession. And all this happened because there weren't a lot of players who would approach him and present a decent passing option.

Not sure what you're even arguing about tbh. Mata likes the one touch pass and move football. Before Bruno, there was just Martial, who was comfortable with that style and in most cases he was either on the opposite flank or further forward, which made that interplay between them a lot tougher. Now, with Bruno, and others as well, he's always having someone to pass to, and you'd notice that his performances since his signing have been mostly good (except maybe the Norwich FA Cup game where surprise surprise we played our second string)

Last edited:

Raven

Firstly, the style of play I was referencing to was of the players and what they do and not the tactical style of play introduced by managers.

With Bruno he's always having someone to pass to, which wasn't the case earlier. The issue everyone had with him was he got dispossessed easily on the ball, as he caught in possession. And all this happened because there weren't a lot of players who could approach him and present a decent passing option.

Not sue what you're even arguing about tbh. Mata likes the one touch pass and move football. Before Bruno, there was just Martial, who was comfortable with that style and in most cases he was either on the opposite flank or further forward, which made that interplay between them a lot tougher. Now, with Bruno, and others as well, he's always having someone to pass to, and you'd notice that his performances since his signing have been mostly good (except maybe the Norwich FA Cup game where surprise surprise we played our second string)
I'm finding this guys opinion quite fascinating, it's like he's never played football before. I was playing a 7 a side last week and there were 2 lads on my team who were total shit, as a result, none of our play could come together, the better players were more reluctant to pass the ball, people were trying shots from silly positions and people were over dribbling. When playing football, you need team mates on the same wavelength and that shows even at 7 a side level.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I'm finding this guys opinion quite fascinating, it's like he's never played football before. I was playing a 7 a side last week and there were 2 lads on my team who were total shit, as a result, none of our play could come together, the better players were more reluctant to pass the ball, people were trying shots from silly positions and people were over dribbling. When playing football, you need team mates on the same wavelength and that shows even at 7 a side level.
I thought that was the gist of what he was saying - that overall, good players need each other?

Raven

I thought that was the gist of what he was saying - that overall, good players need each other?
He was saying that Mata has never raised anyone's game and his inconsistent performances over the years have been solely down to him. Saying that RVP and Carrick raise their teammates games without taking into account the fact that Cleverley and Welbeck played in a world class team with quality all over the pitch, not just RVP and Carrick.

hungrywing

What, you mean like when him and Kagawa were on the same wavelength?

Anyway, he's not a world-beater. He can't breeze past his man or even out-muscle one scrawny tea-guzzler for that matter.

All he does is try to move the ball/play faster than the opposition players can run. That's not how soccer is played; you're supposed to sock the other players into submission, hence the name. I hate him. Hmph.

anant

Exactly, you can't have a side as disjointed as we were a few years ago and expect a player who literally relies on intelligence and movement to shine. It makes Mata a bit dispensable tbh if the manager doesn't fancy that kind of football, but with the right players, Mata's abilities will always shine through

iHicksy

Renaissance!

Mata, Bruno and VDB are on the same wavelength in terms of passing and movement. All three players are a level above everything else we have which is why I really want to see them in and around the box together linking up with intricate passing plays.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He was saying that Mata has never raised anyone's game and his inconsistent performances over the years have been solely down to him. Saying that RVP and Carrick raise their teammates games without taking into account the fact that Cleverley and Welbeck played in a world class team with quality all over the pitch, not just RVP and Carrick.
I thought you were talking about Anant as it was his post you quoted. Sorry.

ColorsOfRainbow

We've won just 3 of his last 9 PL starts.
Surrounded with the likes of lingard,Pereira & co in a match and expect him do outrageous magic.
He has quality around him now.
Its entirely a different ball game now.
You could see that immediately James was substituted & Donny,Pogba coming on.
It's a clear thing..

Last edited:

Raven

Exactly, you can't have a side as disjointed as we were a few years ago and expect a player who literally relies on intelligence and movement to shine. It makes Mata a bit dispensable tbh if the manager doesn't fancy that kind of football, but with the right players, Mata's abilities will always shine through
Pass and move football is what he's best at and he's only recently got team mates that compliment that. It is a shame that, as you say, he is a little dispensable for that reason but it's definitely my favourite type of football.
I thought you were talking about Anant as it was his post you quoted. Sorry.
No problem, I should have made it a little clearer.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Meanwhile, the other players on the pitch were Rooney, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Giggs, Nani, etc. Whereas Mata got to play with people like Shneiderlin, Fellaini, over the hill Rooney, etc. It's much easier for a player like Cleverley to play in a team where he's the only one not quite up to task whereas Mata was surrounded by shite in an even worse system. The fact of the matter is that without a good team/squad, no player will flourish and Cleverley/Welbeck would look intensely shit in any of our teams since Fergie left.
You can’t compare individual performance with team’s performance.

Bruno played with the same players as Mata did and he was still performing even when the team underperformed

Carrick was still performing when he played next to Schneiderlin & Fellaini despite of the team didn’t perform.

I can go on with Aubameyang last season with arsenal as well.

Mata was underperforming because that’s what his level is, below the standard of top player.

That’s non-sense, I was right, you still don’t understand the point. I never say Mata never raised anyone’s game.

In fact, I can say that Mata can make player like Bruno to perform better than what Pereira/James does to Bruno.

However, will Bruno still performing even without Mata but with Pereira/James? Yes.
Will Mata perform without Bruno but with Pereira/James? No.
Will someone like De Bruyne make player like Bruno to perform much better than what Mata does to Bruno? Yes.

Now do you see where the difference? If you are top players you can still perform whether it’s with average player next to you or with good players.

Raven

You can’t compare individual performance with team’s performance.

Bruno played with the same players as Mata did and he was still performing even when the team underperformed

Carrick was still performing when he played next to Schneiderlin & Fellaini despite of the team didn’t perform.

I can go on with Aubameyang last season with arsenal as well.

Mata was underperforming because that’s what his level is, below the standard of top player.

That’s non-sense, I was right, you still don’t understand the point. I never say Mata never raised anyone’s game.

In fact, I can say that Mata can make player like Bruno to perform better than what Pereira/James does to Bruno.

However, will Bruno still performing even without Mata but with Pereira/James? Yes.
Will Mata perform without Bruno but with Pereira/James? No.
Will someone like De Bruyne make player like Bruno to perform much better than what Mata does to Bruno? Yes.

Now do you see where the difference? If you are top players you can still perform whether it’s with average player next to you or with good players.
So what you're saying is that playing with better players makes the game easier? Well duh doy.

You've just gone and contradicted yourself as well, you started this conversation by saying Mata doesn't make his team mates better and then followed it up here by saying he makes Bruno better. Bruno is better than Mata, I've never tried to debate that but you're putting too much stock in single players being able to raise their team mates games. For players to shine, the team as a whole has to be good.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

With Bruno he's always having someone to pass to, which wasn't the case earlier. The issue everyone had with him was he got dispossessed easily on the ball, as he caught in possession. And all this happened because there weren't a lot of players who would approach him and present a decent passing option.

Not sure what you're even arguing about tbh. Mata likes the one touch pass and move football. Before Bruno, there was just Martial, who was comfortable with that style and in most cases he was either on the opposite flank or further forward, which made that interplay between them a lot tougher. Now, with Bruno, and others as well, he's always having someone to pass to, and you'd notice that his performances since his signing have been mostly good (except maybe the Norwich FA Cup game where surprise surprise we played our second string)
I’m arguing to the fact that you are using lame excuses of the lack quality of Mata’s underperforming rather than accepting that the player himself hasn’t been up to the standard of the level that needs to be top class playmaker. His limitation is what makes him underperform.

Even when Ole was in charge, Mata was still underperforming. When Bruno came in here, he played exactly with the same players that Mata went through and Bruno was performing even without Mata in XI.

You can see the difference level between Mata & Bruno despite of both being a playmaker. One isn’t top player and has lot of limitation while the other one is a top player with less limitation but with lot of assets. Unlike Mata, top player like Bruno can still perform with whoever he plays with.

anant

I’m arguing to the fact that you are using lame excuses of the lack quality of Mata’s underperforming rather than accepting that the player himself hasn’t been up to the standard of the level that needs to be top class playmaker. His limitation is what makes him underperform.

Even when Ole was in charge, Mata was still underperforming. When Bruno came in here, he played exactly with the same players that Mata went through and Bruno was performing even without Mata in XI.

You can see the difference level between Mata & Bruno despite of both being a playmaker. One isn’t top player and has lot of limitation while the other one is a top player with less limitation but with lot of assets. Unlike Mata, top player like Bruno can still perform with whoever he plays with.
No one is denying that Bruno can play with all sorts of players, whereas Mata can't. All we're saying is that he would have given this level of performances in his poorer seasons as well had we had a decent side with technically sound and intelligent players.

And why are you so adamant about making this a Mata vs Bruno thread. No one is interested in that

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So what you're saying is that playing with better players makes the game easier? Well duh doy.

You've just gone and contradicted yourself as well, you started this conversation by saying Mata doesn't make his team mates better and then followed it up here by saying he makes Bruno better. Bruno is better than Mata, I've never tried to debate that but you're putting too much stock in single players being able to raise their team mates games. For players to shine, the team as a whole has to be good.
Mate you were jumping into my argument with someone else. And start talking about RVP & Carrick which was far off from the topic. You and me never start this with ‘’Mata doesn't make his team mates better’’.

You are totally wrong. My argument was that Mata was never the standard of the top player or top playmaker which is the reason why he’s been underperforming in here for years.

Just because Mata doesn’t make average players better doesn’t mean I consider Bruno as average player. You are ignoring that important word.

What about read this:

I'd sort of disagree there but I can see where you're coming from.

I believe if you want to judge how good your team is technically, the quality of your side and the tactics - play Mata. If he plays well, the side has enough technical players, if he doesn't you know where the issue is (Not saying Mata would always have a good game personally, but 8 times out of 10, this would be a good way to judge the quality of the side).

Look at Mata's best performances, it was when he was playing with Kagawa, there was a phase where AdM was playing well with him (although I felt the tactics stifled the combination that season except for during that run that had Juanfield and the 4-2 vs City), he linked up well when Herrera was asked to play a slightly more advanced role, and from late last season, when we had a few games when Bruno and Mata both played.
This debate can be like Pogba all over again that you need specific players & system to get the best out of the player especially midfielder & attackers. Top players can even make average player or the players around you better. Bruno is a good recent example.

To be fair I thought 14/15 season was Mata’s best season and he played with Fellaini.

automaticflare

It’s quite simple really because I think most of you are agreeing but you want to prove your own points as being right

mata skills are in passing and quick ball movement. A team of lingards and mctominay means he will look even worse than he actually is because they don’t compliment his skills.

a team with Bruno VDB martial Rashford will compliment his skill set, and make him look better than he actually is.

In reality he is somewhere In the middle at this stage in his career. But if we are struggling for players I would only play him based on who else is playing otherwise he can go missing.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No one is denying that Bruno can play with all sorts of players, whereas Mata can't. All we're saying is that he would have given this level of performances in his poorer seasons as well had we had a decent side with technically sound and intelligent players.

And why are you so adamant about making this a Mata vs Bruno thread. No one is interested in that
Why? Because that’s the standard of playmaker at top team.

Now, do you understand why Mata was underperforming with us for years, because he was never the standard level of playmaker in a club like us.

His strength doesn’t cover his limitation enough to be the type of player that you can build the team around. Rather than being the key component or the foundation of the team which what normally playmaker is, he’s more of just an extra component in the team. I really can’t find better word on this but come on, surely you understand this.

Raven

Mate you were jumping into my argument with someone else. And start talking about RVP & Carrick which was far off from the topic. You and me never start this with ‘’Mata doesn't make his team mates better’’.

You are totally wrong. My argument was that Mata was never the standard of the top player or top playmaker which is the reason why he’s been underperforming in here for years.

Just because Mata doesn’t make average players better doesn’t mean I consider Bruno as average player. You are ignoring that important word.

What about read this:
I must have imagined him being Chelseas best player and one of the best players in the league then?

My argument is that you can't just look at a players performances in isolation and say his poor performances over the years are down to nobody but him is just ridiculous.

anant

Why? Because that’s the standard of playmaker at top team.

Now, do you understand why Mata was underperforming with us for years, because he was never the standard level of playmaker in a club like us.

His strength doesn’t cover his limitation enough to be the type of player that you can build the team around. Rather than being the key component or the foundation of the team which what normally playmaker is, he’s more of just an extra component in the team. I really can’t find better word on this but come on, surely you understand this.
I literally have no idea now what you're talking about. A playmaker doesn't necessarily have to be someone who takes the game by the scruff of the neck. I mean, for someone like Lukaku as the focal point, we'd be better off whose style complements Lukaku - someone where he can use his physical attributes rather than technical attributes.

For a striker like Martial, you need someone who can provide him through passes or help carve open defences, and so on. The reason why Mata was struggling was we had zero plan in recruitment. If you're buying Mata, then the players you need to be having/ need to be targeting are technical players. There's a reason why City wouldn't ever look at Rom as their #9 and that's because no one will benefit with that sort of a player in their side.

Like I said earlier, I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue here. Mata has his limitations, but when played with the correct players, like any other player, he will perform like a top player. What you're effectively saying is that top players can play well irrespective of who you're playing with. By extension, it would mean that player profile while recruitment doesn't really matter. And if you really believe that then I don't think it's worth continuing this debate further

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I must have imagined him being Chelseas best player and one of the best players in the league then?

My argument is that you can't just look at a players performances in isolation and say his poor performances over the years are down to nobody but him is just ridiculous.
Is that the reason why they never win PL with him or not even making it to top 4 before Hazard came?

He’s considered as playmaker. I’m looking at him in the view of playmaker where you want to build your team or midfield around playmaker. Unfortunately, he’s not the level of playmaker at the top team which is why he wasn’t performing with us for years before.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I literally have no idea now what you're talking about. A playmaker doesn't necessarily have to be someone who takes the game by the scruff of the neck. I mean, for someone like Lukaku as the focal point, we'd be better off whose style complements Lukaku - someone where he can use his physical attributes rather than technical attributes.

For a striker like Martial, you need someone who can provide him through passes or help carve open defences, and so on. The reason why Mata was struggling was we had zero plan in recruitment. If you're buying Mata, then the players you need to be having/ need to be targeting are technical players. There's a reason why City wouldn't ever look at Rom as their #9 and that's because no one will benefit with that sort of a player in their side.

Like I said earlier, I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue here. Mata has his limitations, but when played with the correct players, like any other player, he will perform like a top player. What you're effectively saying is that top players can play well irrespective of who you're playing with. By extension, it would mean that player profile while recruitment doesn't really matter. And if you really believe that then I don't think it's worth continuing this debate further
What are you talking about. The reason why City doesn’t buy Lukaku because their manager is Pep and he wants his number 9 to be able to hold up play and not losing possession. It’s not because players like De Bruyne & Silva don’t benefit playing with him. Lukaku scored lot of goals in Belgium and guess who’s behind him supplying the passes and support? That’s right, De Bruyne, the current city players. Both De Bruyne & Lukaku are benefiting each other in the team.

If De Bruyne can, why Mata can’t? If you know the answer, I think you will know what’s my argument.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Surrounded with the likes of lingard,Pereira & co in a match and expect him do outrageous magic.
He has quality around him now.
Its entirely a different ball game now.
You could see that immediately James was substituted & Donny,Pogba coming on.
It's a clear thing..
We'll see. I wouldn't get too carried away yet.

AneRu

What are you talking about. The reason why City doesn’t buy Lukaku because their manager is Pep and he wants his number 9 to be able to hold up play and not losing possession. It’s not because players like De Bruyne & Silva don’t benefit playing with him. Lukaku scored lot of goals in Belgium and guess who’s behind him supplying the passes and support? That’s right, De Bruyne, the current city players. Both De Bruyne & Lukaku are benefiting each other in the team.

If De Bruyne can, why Mata can’t? If you know the answer, I think you will know what’s my argument.
When you play against the likes of Andorra and Saudi Arabia things aren't as difficult as they are as when you play the likes of Croatia or Brazil - Lukaku has a great record for Belgium but how good is that record in crunch matches? In the same vein, Mata can play that pass to Bruno but when its directed at Daniel James the move will 9/10 times die but he could do the same against PSG tonight and its intercepted and goes down as a possession turnover.

Raven

Is that the reason why they never win PL with him or not even making it to top 4 before Hazard came?

He’s considered as playmaker. I’m looking at him in the view of playmaker where you want to build your team or midfield around playmaker. Unfortunately, he’s not the level of playmaker at the top team which is why he wasn’t performing with us for years before.
They did however win the champions league while he was player of the season (had been for 2 years on the bounce).

anant

Exactly. Style of players matters to bring the best out of each other.

Since you've brought up this KdB-Lukaku partnership, take a guess as to how many goals scored by Lukaku were assisted by KdB?

Of Lukaku's 52 goals for Belgium, he's been assisted by KdB in just the following games: vs Saudi Arabia (friendly 2017), Panama (2018 WC), Scotland X2 (1 in Home and 1 in away fixture; 2019 Euros Qualifier), Russia (2019 Euro Qualifier), Ireland (2016 Euros), US(2014 WC). 7 goals of his 54. Mertens and Hazard have provided more assists. Btw Mertens isn't a shit provider for Belgium - he has 32 assists to his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.