Foot: Left
Player Agent: JM10 SPORT (Father)
Squad Number: #8
Contract until: Jun 30, 2022
Date of last contract extension: Jul 2, 2021
Outfitter: Adidas

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Not a big fan of the old boys society that seems to be the norm at United these days, but I'll make an exception for Mata. Anything to keep that cuddly teddy bear around!
Who else is in the society? Matic? He still has something to offer and he, along with Mata and De gea, are some of the few players we have that actually have the experience of winning anything. Having a couple of older heads in what is a young dressing room is not a negative.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I was against his last contract extension for football reasons. But man..., every time i see him on the news or the field, he gives this warm fuzzy feeling.

He brings a strong good feeling vibe, and perhaps that's worth whatever United pays him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He was one of the best players in the league in 2012/2013, aged 24. It feels like he's been going down hill since then which is quite mad.

How long has he actually been a top player for us? I think mainly his first 1.5 season he was very good, not great. And ever since just a useful squad player and good vibes.

jem

Who else is in the society? Matic? He still has something to offer and he, along with Mata and De gea, are some of the few players we have that actually have the experience of winning anything. Having a couple of older heads in what is a young dressing room is not a negative.
Was referring more to the likes of Fletcher and Carrick.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Guy gets a lot of stick for having his contract extended. He's perfect to have around for depth, won't complain if he doesn't play. People are always complaining we don't play enough of kids, but reliable backups that don't sulk like Mata helps us give the kids a chance. He was very good in November, then went to Spain to mourn. Hasn't played much since. People are talking like he's dead weight when his last run of games was good.

I hope we won't be in a position where we'll have to use him, but if we do, I hope he goes out with a bang.

E-mal

When is his contract expected to end?
We shouldn't extend by any means, we have enough experience.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He was one of the players warming up in the second half of the Wolves game. I didn't know why and certainly didn't want him getting dragged around Traore, holding on for dear life.

keener

Likely unpopular opinion but I've actually thought that Juan should get a run with the first team, if only every third game or so. I think he'd play very well in the more attacking midfield role ahead of Pogba and McTom. Yes, Bruno's spot.

I'd like to see it as nobody has better touch and frankly he is a very good finisher. His small stature has hurt him later in his career and Mou didn't give him as much of a run when he should've. I'm glad he's around for a few more years and think he will light up the cups and lesser team when he does get a run with all these attacking options.

BorisManUtd

He'll hardly get any playing time after we got Sancho and Ronaldo, even in lesser/cup games. We've got Bruno and vdB at number 10, Sancho and Greenwood at right wing. There will be plenty of games but even then I don't see Mata getting many chances, he's probably around for one more year so he retires at United and then become ambassador of club.

Lewnited

Likely unpopular opinion but I've actually thought that Juan should get a run with the first team, if only every third game or so. I think he'd play very well in the more attacking midfield role ahead of Pogba and McTom. Yes, Bruno's spot.

I'd like to see it as nobody has better touch and frankly he is a very good finisher. His small stature has hurt him later in his career and Mou didn't give him as much of a run when he should've. I'm glad he's around for a few more years and think he will light up the cups and lesser team when he does get a run with all these attacking options.
I've often thought the same but have long since given up :lol: I think he showcases some of the most intelligence amongst all our attackers in the positions he picks up, and still has a great touch, pass and finish.

keener

I agree that's likely how it plays out Boris but i disagree with it. I think he has plenty to offer us still. And when Ole calls me and asks my opinion, I'll give it to him!

SAFMUTD

Won't contribute a thing on the field but he's a nice guy or whatever so it justifies his wages and his contract extensions. Long may it continue Mr. Nice Guy.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Looking impressive here. Wouldn't totally rule out an Indian summer for Juan just yet.

keener

I'm game for another run from Juan but it has to come at the expense of Bruno's playing time since we now have proper wide players. He has no business being out on the wing.

NYAS

Won't contribute a thing on the field but he's a nice guy or whatever so it justifies his wages and his contract extensions. Long may it continue Mr. Nice Guy.
This has to be the worst bump I’ve ever seen. You need help.

kps88

I think we're keeping him around as sort of a mentor and he will transition to a coaching role soon enough.

Varane around town

Yeah difficult to see when and how Juan gets any playing time this season apart from the early rounds in the cups.

He's such a technically gifted player that you'd think that he'd of fancied moving to a slower league and having an Indian summer but nope.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Really looking forward to seeing him play tonight. A lot of the people moaning about the new contract annoyed me. He was pretty good last November and then never got going after he came back from Spain. I'm hoping he shows he's still an acceptable squad player tonight.

Man Utd 0:1 West Ham

Based Adnan

I'm sure he's a nice guy, good in the locker room and the club want to employ him when he retires but Juan Mata should not be getting games in 2021.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Geriatric night tonight. Still baffled we gave him a contract. Thanks for everything but seriously you're nowhere near good enough for this squad in 2021.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Hope that was the last time we've seen him start. Unbelievable that he received a new contract.

RedDevilRoshi

Few good moments in the 1st half with his passing and unlucky not to score but it’s clear to everyone to see that he’s done. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. Nothing bad against the guy as he does seem like a very nice bloke and has had a phenomenal career that he can look back on with his head held high.

Highfather_24

Thought he was one of our better players today. Took initiative of the ball and was better than the front 3.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Thought he was one of our better players tbh.
Same. Moved and played with purpose and had some really nice moments linking things upfront. At times it looked like he is the only one playing with some sense outthere.

I don't have much expectations from him, so maybe that plays a part in my assessment, but thought he did well all together.

SAFMUTD

He's still a nice guy, great decision to waste some minutes with him gotta keep him happy.

Sylar

I'll be surprised if he plays any more games this season

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he was one of our better players tbh.
He definitely was. People just have their preconceived opinions and that's that.

Moved the ball well, was positive and came closest to actually scoring. Mason should have come on for Martial instead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.