Juan Mata officially leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

It seems like we have employed a few bouncers and they are just grabbing players by the collar and telling them to “Feck off and don’t come back”

Zlatattack

Goodbye Juan. Best of luck for the future. I hope he tears it up somewhere else for a few years.

siw2007

In a period of thick headed, social media driven players that have ran through our club for years, Mata was an absolute pleasure to have represent us. Intelligent, hard working, technically gifted and when he did dabble with social media it was for purely selfless reasons. Though it’s been a while since we have had the top class Mata, I wish him the best of luck in the future and hope to see him at Old Trafford again soon!

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I would have liked to see how he would perform in a Man Utd team that plays to his strength. But I understand that at his age, the demands of Ten Hag's system might be too much for him.

Goodbye, Juan. You'll be missed.

2 amigos down, 1 to go.

crossy1686

career ending
Feel like he was super unlucky with the managers we've had who didn't know how to get the best out of him, shame really but wish him all the best. Hope he plays first team football somewhere next season.

The Original

Criminally under used the last couple of seasons......:confused:
His entire time with utd was a waste.

The man was player of the season when he was choppered into Carrington - never lived up to it becasue he wasn't used right. You have to wonder why he didn't have the drive to move on for his career.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Great player and man. Sad to see him go.

Thanks Juan and all the best in the future, hopefully you return as a coach.

goalscholes

He should have moved to a different league a few years ago, where pace is less important, as his passing was still excellent when given time.

He was one of the only United players I like, which given his limited impact says a lot about the current state of the club.

Aretak

He seems like a decent guy and never complained about not playing regularly, but five different (permanent) managers have failed to get him to perform regularly. At some point you have to stop making excuses about him being "misused" or "played out of position" and accept that he just wasn't very good.

SeanyC

Lovely man and thoughtful but should have been gone many years ago, past his best but to be fair to him he put a shift in and showed the others up a bit.

TheGodsInRed

Right decision but still sad to see him go unlike the others. One of the few united players I actually liked!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What a man. Absolutely love him to bits.

Hope he gets a nice little swansong somewhere.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Glad the club didn't hand him a new contract.
Feels like I've said goodbye a long time ago :lol:

Thanks for everything. Cya.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Lovely lad, Juanfield was amazing. Generally very underwhelming for us, the revisionism is coming. Glad we are freeing up wages of players that no longer add anything.

The exodus continues.

Pronewbie

Peep
Lacked pace and defensively weak, but offered moments of brilliance with his vision and technique. The players seemed to like him though.

Oh, I thought I was in the Pogba thread..

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Whoever is doing our social media has got a busy job this summer with the exits
They'll also need to find a new go to player to do social media-ey shit... I swear they got Juan to do everything.

Last edited:

Huddsred

One of the nicest guys in football and a bloody good player in his prime. Best of luck for the future Juan.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hope he goes somewhere where he plays regularly and has a bit of an indian summer.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You see unlike Pogba I actually think this is one footballer we failed rather than the other way around. Amazing player at his peak and criminally under-used.

Bwuk

Thanks Juan.

All the best. Great bloke and never really got a crack at the #10 position.

Heinzesight

Top pro. Top guy…always gave his all. Met him a few times and he was an absolute gentleman. Juanderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.