Juan Mata officially leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertd0803

Always loved Mata.

No problem with him leaving but gutted hes gone anyway. Much more so than Pogba/Lingard/Cavani.

Hope he is back at some point in some capacity.

Cafer007

At other club he could have seen more success but he stuck with us and shown his loaylity and well respected with in the club.

On top of everything he comes across a very nice human. Good luck to him and hopefully he will come back later with some capacity

Irwin99

Good bloke, never heard a bad word about him. Wish him well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
love Juan, been a proper role model and professional while at the club.

sad to see him go but for the best, hopefully he can get lots of football elsewhere to end his career.

Bobski

Pointless at Utd really. Not quick or dynamic enough for the wide roles but also not really a proper 10, far too safe in his passing options, lacked the creativity, and elusive dribbling, but good movement and finishing. Like a souped up version of Van Der Beek in that role, might produce decent stats but far less influential or important that they made him appear.

One of our better free kick takers though.

mu4c_20le

Best of luck Juan. Great servent.

Anyone had a chance to try his tapas restaurant before he closed it?

El Jefe

Of all the departures so far, I'm happiest about this the most. He's been a liability here longer than he's been of any use on the pitch. He's pretty much been semi-retired here for four years.

Nice guy but goodbye was long overdue.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Finally, a departing player I can say thanks to. Being likeable has become a rarity at this club.

Heardy

Of all the departures so far, I'm happiest about this the most. He's been a liability here longer than he's been of any use on the pitch. He's pretty much been semi-retired here for four years.

Nice guy but goodbye was long overdue.
Can’t say I agree with this - he’s been far more professional and a better servant than lingard / pogba.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
With Mata, Cavani, Pogba and Lingard leaving, we now have no player who has scored in a final in the post SAF years.

Not that we should have retained anyone (even though Mata leaving is terribly upsetting)

Suv666

He's hardly played for 3 years.

I find the praise he's getting (in comparison to to the abuse Pogba and Lingard received) bizarre.
Because whenever he played he gave his 100% unlike Pogba and Lingard who cant be arsed

El Jefe

Can’t say I agree with this - he’s been far more professional and a better servant than lingard / pogba.
Lingard won us a cup, and scored in the final of another. Pogba was far better than Mata during their time here.

Mata might've been more professional and well liked than the other two but they're all the same at the end of the day. Players we invested a lot of money into that underwhelmed and overstayed, the only difference is people make a whole bunch of excuses for Mata.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Top bloke and a fabulous player who could never quite recapture the form he had at Chelsea. We'll always have that goal at Anfield though. Cheers Juan.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Good player and professional but last few years he’s just been a squad number, one that can go to a young player hopefully.
He usually has done well when called upon though.

decorativeed

Lingard won us a cup, and scored in the final of another. Pogba was far better than Mata during their time here.

Mata might've been more professional and well liked than the other two but they're all the same at the end of the day. Players we invested a lot of money into that underwhelmed and overstayed, the only difference is people make a whole bunch of excuses for Mata.
Do you remember who else scored a goal in one of those finals? Clue: He was a 5'7" Spaniard.

90 + 5min

What a player and human. Best midfielder in the club, except maybe Fernandes. Absoluty brilliant and sad to see him go. Wishing him luck wherever he decides to play.

Artorias

Always loved Mata.

No problem with him leaving but gutted hes gone anyway. Much more so than Pogba/Lingard/Cavani.

Hope he is back at some point in some capacity.
What a player and human. Best midfielder in the club, except maybe Fernandes. Absoluty brilliant and sad to see him go. Wishing him luck wherever he decides to play.
Agree 100%. Sad to see him gone, but i wish him all the best. Let's hope to see him back when he decides to retire.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wish him the best but he has been absolutely useless for United. Somehow people forget that he is arguably the worst signing of the post SAF era.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I wish him the best but he has been absolutely useless for United. Somehow people forget that he is arguably the worst signing of the post SAF era.
To be fair he's a player we should have built a team around. It's not his fault we offered him lots of money and then refused to utilize him to the fullest.

Great player with vision, technique and cleverness. Pity we don't have more like him.

Lyng

Fantastic player that was a terrible fit for us. Much more intelligent than most of our squad. Never complained, never cried on social media or leaked shit to the media. Really sad to see him go, but it was the right call.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
A great servant to the club and there can never be any complaint about his attitude and his respect for the club and the fans. Some amazing memorable moments, the FA Cup goal to wipe the smile of Dancing Alan. Juanfield, what a goal was that bicycle kick. Good luck wee man, he can leave with his head held high.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair he's a player we should have built a team around. It's not his fault we offered him lots of money and then refused to utilize him to the fullest.

Great player with vision, technique and cleverness. Pity we don't have more like him.
I don't think that he is a player that anyone should build around. Now overally if your opinion is that he was a bad fit and a victim of circumstances then I kind of agree, I'm just a bit baffled by the way people talk about one of our worst signings and contributor especially when you compare it to the vitriol that others receive even though they did way more for us. The same applies to the outrageous Matic thread a few weeks ago.

These are the signings that have ruined United, players that we brought in their prime and barely contributed to anything positive.

SAFMUTD

Everyone in the squad has underperformed and most of them are dislikable.

Unlike some, he does not have a circus around him, leak stuff to the press, disrespect the club or behave like a twat. So it’s not a surprise to see a likeable bloke like him get praised.
It's absolutely surprising, he's been stealing a living for the last 2 years. Yet people will miss him?

Likeable bloke? I like players that perform more than players than smile. I don't like him at all personally.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Panic ill-conceived signing, like so many others since SAF.

Not his fault though. Top bloke and professional and only have good memories of him.

Thanks Juan.

always_hoping

All the best to Juan, Always came across as a gentleman and never got any stories in the media about him unlike others. Past his best for a numbers of years and a better run club than United would have offloaded him sooner.

Nero

Contributed less than Lingard, funny seeing the difference in their threads.
Did he? Mata played more games and scored more goals.

Both players scored in the F.A Cup Final victory. Mata also started the E.L. final in 2017, Lingard was a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.