Juan Mata's blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
A thread for Juan Mata's latest blog inputs.
May Old Trafford roar again
por » @juanmata8

Hi everyone,

As you can imagine, today I’m very pleased about the two games we have played this week… We won both and that is really important; a boost of morale ahead of the next games! This is football and, whether you like it or not, you don’t get much time to enjoy the victories or mourn for defeats, so I think it is vital to remain mentally strong and focused on our goals. That is how we are going to approach to the last stage of the Premiership. As if every game was a final.

On my previous post I appealed to the winning spirit that has, historically, made United a big club, and I could experience that in situ on Wednesday night. It was a thrilling game, with the fans chanting and the team scoring goals to produce a great comeback and get into the quarter-finals. And I realised that a Champions night in Old Trafford is different, as I had been told. With two goals in the first half -one of them just before the break- and one more after half-time we managed to get through and get confidence back. Obviously Robin played the leading role with his hat-trick but also, unfortunately, because he got injured. He is a key player for us and I hope he has a speedy recovery so he can help us in the last few games.

We have been drawn against Bayern Munich, which brings great memories here of the Champions won in Barcelona in 1999
. We will have to ask Ryan Giggs about that game and what we can do to beat them!
It’s going to be very tough, they are having an amazing streak in the Bundesliga and play very good football. They are a fantastic team and the favourites to win the title, but we will try to beat them and reach the semi-finals.

The week ended the same way after winning at West Ham, a game to be remembered for Rooney stunning goal from the halfway line. I was asking him for the ball, but I think he chose the right option… Spectacular Wayne! The team has got confidence and now there is an exciting challenge ahead: our derby against City on Tuesday. It will be the first one for me and I’m looking forward to it. You can already feel in the streets that special atmosphere. Moreover, the next weekend we will play in Old Trafford again, this time Aston Villa. We must get better results at home; in the away games we are the best team so far.

In Spain, where the Champions League draw put Barça and Atlético together, everybody was waiting for the Clásico, even more after Atlético’s victory at the Villamarín
. And it lived up to the expectations. What a superb match: great goals, frantic pace, intensity and, as it happens in this kind of games, controversy. The fight for the title is absolutely exciting now after Barça’s win… From Real Madrid, Di María had a great performance, same as Benzema. From Barça, Iniesta (he is such a pleasure to watch) and Messi made all the difference with their goals.

Lastly, on another subject, I would like to recommend to you a documentary that I watched recently in a hotel on one of those nights before a match: “Jiro Dreams of Sushi”. Very good! If you like sushi as much as I do you will love it. And you will get hungry

Hugs to all of you, I wish you another great week!

Juan
http://blogs.grada360.com/juanmata/en/2014/03/24/que-vuelva-a-rugir-old-trafford/

Do like @R.N7 and Juan Mata says and watch Jiro Dreams of Sushi ASAP.

Shark

@NotShark
http://juanmata10.com/News/4155/May_the_streak_goes_on

"Hi everyone:

The truth is, after a game like Saturday's, I realise once again how nice football can be, and how much you enjoy the few days following a victory and a good performance. I still have a smile on my face :-) To spend a relaxed Sunday knowing that you have done your job is priceless. And it was not an easy thing to do in St. James' Park, but the team delivered and we got three more points to keep this great streak on away games.

After the match I was very happy from a personal point of view; moreover, I was really pleased with the effort made by all players to win, and it's a key victory to try to climb on the table and to go to Germany full of confidence.

I scored and enjoyed on the pitch again; I wish the streak goes on until the end of the season. As I said after the game, I have a very good understanding with my team-mates and I was also very happy with Chicha and Adnan's goals.

By the way, you may wonder about my celebration with De Gea... The reason is that we had been practising free-kicks the day before and David said I was going to score against Newcastle... because that day I was misfiring all my shots! And so it happened :-)

This victory gives us a lot of energy for our game in Munich on Wednesday. In the first leg, the support from Old Trafford was our power to cope with such a tough game. It was a great night that I had to enjoy from the stands. On Wednesday I'll be supporting from home, in front of the TV, aware that the Allianz Arena is one of the toughest stadiums in Europe... but also aware that we are Manchester United and I'm sure we can make it through!

In Spain it seems the battle for the title will be thrilling until the very end. The top-three teams won, including Atlético, who had a complicated match, and Real Madrid, in a remarkable 0-4 in Anoeta, Real Sociedad's fortress. At this stage they all know that dropping one single point can make the difference and that is stressing... At the bottom of the table things are yet to be decided. In that regard, Elche's victory against Getafe was one of the main games of the weekend.
Last week I visited Lymm, a village full of historical buildings surrounded by canals. A perfect place to relax and forget about everything. Since we don't play the next weekend I may try another escape somewhere else. I invite you to make suggestions ;)

Once again, thank you very much for your support and for your recent messages. I read you! I hope I can keep my good streak!

Hugs!

Juan

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So he hadn't been enjoying his football for a while judging by that post.

SER19

So he hadn't been enjoying his football for a while judging by that post.
i think most players say, often, that when results are poor nobody enjoys it.

Dans

I suppose.

I wonder why he didn't travel to Munich though. Even if he can't play you'd think it would be good for both him and the team to be there.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He is free to visit me in his holidays :drool:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is there a more likeable guy in the PL? Even when tearing us apart for Chelsea i just sat back and admired.

Dans

He has traveled.
Has he?

Good if so, he had written the following though:

"On Wednesday I'll be supporting from home, in front of the TV, aware that the Allianz Arena is one of the toughest stadiums in Europe... "

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
I love him!

By the way, on a kind of related note, which badge is that on his jacket there? It's on all the players jackets and i've guessed it's an older iteration of the club crest but i'd kind of like to know what year or shirt it was on if possible. I always stop and admire it when i see it.

DWelbz19

Juan Mata said:
By the way, you may wonder about my celebration with De Gea... The reason is that we had been practising free-kicks the day before and David said I was going to score against Newcastle... because that day I was misfiring all my shots! And so it happened :-)
I just imagine De Gea majestically saving the well struck curling beauties that Mata strikes. If ever there was heaven on Earth. :drool:

Joemo

whistling in the wind
On Wednesday I'll be supporting from home, in front of the TV, aware that the Allianz Arena is one of the toughest stadiums in Europe...
:confused:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I feel there should be another forum dedicated to Mata's blogs and general handsomeness.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Bromance...

Shark

@NotShark
He's easily the most likeable player we've signed since Hernandez IMO. Just a really genuine human being.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Does anyone have a link to that Twitter page I think with his suit and coat pictures?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Has he?

Good if so, he had written the following though:

"On Wednesday I'll be supporting from home, in front of the TV, aware that the Allianz Arena is one of the toughest stadiums in Europe... "
At the time he probably didn't know he would be traveling with the squad.

Anderson18

just imagine how hard it must've been for Chelsea fans to see him go. He's like the exact opposite to Rooney. Please can we make him captain?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I feel there should be another forum dedicated to Mata's blogs and general handsomeness.
We at least need a thread dedicated to pictures of him. At least.

redevil2

I have been reading his blog since he joined us. He's just a very likable guy and very genuine. Apart from being skillful, talented and mentally strong having the will to win, he's genuinely happy being a united player and respect our club. He can go on to become really big if he's staying on for many years to come and be a part of a winning team. A united quality indeed having the right attitude

prarek

BBC says he has travelled with the squad. I don't see the point in it really just to be a cheerleader, why not just stay at home and rest for the weekend's game.

kotha

BBC says he has travelled with the squad. I don't see the point in it really just to be a cheerleader, why not just stay at home and rest for the weekend's game.
I thought we did not have a game this weekend..

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Where's the thread "Juan Mata | Everything that Mata's" gone? We should have that thread again and put all his handsome pics and stuff in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.