Juan Mata's blog

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Since the previous thread was closed

HUGS ARE BACK
14 AUG 2017

Hi everyone!

I’m back, we are back :-). After quite a few weeks since the last entry, it’s time for me to restart writing, to spend some time on Sunday nights in front of my computer to tell you how the week has been for me. I’ve been doing this for five years now, during the season, and I find it very satisfying for two reasons mainly: it’s a quiet moment of the week when you can get some time to reflect on many things, and I also know that you’re looking forward to read this, or at least that’s what I get from your messages on the social media. Especially if the day has been like this one at Old Trafford. When you are working in the pre-season you know you must get ready for the official games. By August you can’t wait any more for the Premier League to start. The first of our list of fixtures was at home, in front of our fans, and we couldn’t have had a better start. The team worked harmoniously, we had some spells of great football and our shots on goal were good. Personally, I enjoyed myself on the pitch and I believe all my team-mates did the same. Some of them (Nemanja and Romelu) made their debut as Reds in the Theatre of Dreams and I’m sure they will always keep very nice memories of this day. Same as I do with my game against Cardiff, already a few years ago.

It was a joy to have a game like this one, we needed it after failing to win the first title of the season in Skopje. I was really pleased to see our fans happy after the game, on their way home, and also your reactions on the social media, of course. I hope we can have many more games like that, even better if they are 37 :-). Obviously we know it will be complicated, because this is the toughest league in the world and every single game is a difficult test. These are the first three points, and they will be even more important at the end of the season.

Also, the year is going to be specially exciting because we are back in the Champions League, and we don’t forget the two Cups, of course. That’s a lot of things to fight for, as usual, so we have to go little by little, stay together and work tirelessly. That’s how you get to your long-term goals.

It works in almost every aspect of life. Over the last few days, many of you have asked me about Common Goal, the project we have just launched together with streetfootballworld. We have a very clear idea of what we want to do, and it’s something I strongly believe in: using the unique power of football to try to change the world and to help improve the lives of millions of people around the world. It may sound complicated, or remote, but we want to make it happen.

I feel very optimistic about other colleagues getting involved worldwide. I will keep you posted. So far the idea has had a great reception. Thank you so much :-). If you want to learn more about this project, you can visit http://www.common-goal.org/‎

It’s time to sign off. Not bad for the first day… ;-). Thank you very much for being there, I hope I won’t be too boring this season! :-).

Have a nice week. Hugs,

Juan
http://juanmata8.com/en/blog/hugs-are-back/

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He called Angel Gomes his "former team mate" in his latest blog, apparently.

Now I've just checked his blog and it says "team mate". I'm not sure if the 'article' I saw it in is talking shite or if they're right and it's been corrected.

Probably nothing but if I'm going to have a mini heart attack, so are you, you fecks.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I wonder if his replacement next summer (Özil) will provide blog updates every Monday morning. Or will it be selfies after victories and disappearing acts after losses?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He did write former team mate actually

Bestietom

Gomes has not signed a contract yet, and according to his dad Barca could be in his plans. It would be a shame to let this happen again. He is here since he was 6 and the future looks very bright for this young man. He could be ready to play next season, if he signs a contract, and everyone is predicting he will go to the very top.

Please don't let him go.

Inter Yer Nan

Gomes has not signed a contract yet, and according to his dad Barca could be in his plans. It would be a shame to let this happen again. He is here since he was 6 and the future looks very bright for this young man. He could be ready to play next season, if he signs a contract, and everyone is predicting he will go to the very top.

Please don't let him go.
Not sure why a young player would sign for Barca these days unless it's to be a starter. They have moved away from that.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I feel as though it isn’t the time for posts. I imagine, and understand completely, that you will not want to read words that, although honest, won’t be of much comfort to you. Therefore, I am only going to publish this to thank you all, as ever, for your support. Thanks a lot.
https://juanmata8.com/en/blog/not-the-time-for-posts/

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I like his blogs a lot, but I had a hard time finding the right thread to post this in. I found it quite funny, but also spot on. Sorry Juan.

Chairman Steve

Not even acknowledging the game yesterday. There might be something up. Maybe he’s been told to keep quiet by the hierarchy.

Has any players made a post in social media after the game yesterday?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Jose's killed Juan's spirit. This cannot be forgiven.

izec

Not even acknowledging the game yesterday. There might be something up. Maybe he’s been told to keep quiet by the hierarchy.

He did it previously. I just think most people think it is not the right time for posting something due to the backlash

red thru&thru

He did it previously. I just think most people think it is not the right time for posting something due to the backlash
What backlash? Not from the fans. They will still turn up to games, buy merchandise and follow the official accounts across all different social media.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

M.E.N said Ashley Young did.

Actually he might not have. Think it is just what he said after the game in an interview.

PlayerOne

M.E.N said Ashley Young did.

Actually he might not have. Think it is just what he said after the game in an interview.
Just the interview, nothing else. Was odd, there was a social media blackout yesterday, the official account didn't tweet anything after full-time.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just the interview, nothing else. Was odd, there was a social media blackout yesterday, the official account didn't tweet anything after full-time.
I would imagine the backlash they would get off fans made sure they didn't post anything online. Footballers are a bit dim, but not that dim.

El Zoido

I doubt he’s been told anything, he’s a top guy and he understands when to wind it in. Lingard would still be out hobnobbing with rappers and promoting his clothes lines given the chance. Juan knows what’s up.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

That title :lol::lol::lol:

Adam-Utd

That title :lol::lol::lol:
I love how all the players are genuinely so impressed / proud of De Gea. I suppose only Barca's love of Messi can come close.

All or lads realise just how important he is to us.

arthurka

Ohh another me me me post...

On a serious note this man is just so fecking nice...

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
His attitude after the game sums him up - pure joy at winning, regardless of the fact he didn't play. He needs to be a United ambassador in the future - absolutely perfect role model.

And on a non-football issue, that picture is so cute....

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

The season has come to an end in England and obviously we head into the summer break disappointed. A defeat on the Premier League’s final weekend was the worst way to finish off what hasn’t been a good campaign for anyone who is part of the Manchester United family. There have been some good moments and matches along the way, which have to be remembered, but the feeling in the end is very bitter.

As I told you last week, I believe that now, once the season has finished, is the time for sincere and honest reflection. None of us are satisfied with the general performance levels that we have offered, for one reason or another. When we win, we do so together, and when we lose we also share the responsibility. Now is the moment to analyse, reflect and improve, because this club should be in a different situation to the one we find ourselves in, there can be no doubt about that.

Although it isn’t healthy to just focus on the negatives, it also isn’t possible to deny the obvious, we have to be realistic and the season has been very disappointing. It’s very painful and that feeling will last through the whole summer. All of you, however, have been way better than the team. When I see your faces at Old Trafford, applauding, supporting and cheering us on after waiting for ages to say goodbye to us, I understand how big this sport is… and how big this club is. Your support has been admirable, especially in those moments. You all deserve a lot more than what you’re getting. That is the reality.

This weekend we said goodbye to Antonio Valencia and Ander Herrera as Red Devils. Two players and two friends who I have shared a lot of experiences with both on and off the pitch. Our fans gave them a heartfelt goodbye as was expected, because the two have given a lot to this club. Both of them have left their mark in the changing room and I am sure that they will have many more good moments ahead of them. I wish them the best, thank you for all of the moments we’ve shared.

Finally, I don’t want to miss the chance to congratulate our teammates from the women’s team, who celebrated a historic championship this weekend. In their first year they have shown that they have a big future ahead and they deserve support from all of the fans and the club. You’re all amazing.

I am saying goodbye to the blog for this season. Thank you for accompanying me each week, even through the hard moments, I have always felt close to you all and I am privileged to be able to say that. I would have loved to have been able to write a lot more about happy and positive things, about more wins, but it hasn’t been possible. Thank you for your support during this difficult season, football wouldn’t mean anything without all of you.

Hugs,

Juan

arthurka

I hate football ATM.
Mata is a nice guy and all but this apologetic crap from all our players is futile..