Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Abraxas

Hope you are watching today!
A home fixture against one of the worst sides in Europe? I don't watch these types of matches as I don't see any entertainment in it, it's essentially a training match when a good international side is playing a side compromised of league 2 or worse players.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
A home fixture against one of the worst sides in Europe? I don't watch these types of matches as I don't see any entertainment in it, it's essentially a training match when a good international side is playing a side compromised of league 2 or worse players.
You can only play what’s in front of you. The kids a very real talent and has shown it in far bigger games than this one!

Abraxas

You can only play what’s in front of you. The kids a very real talent and has shown it in far bigger games than this one!
Of course, I'm sure he's done well and I'm sure he has played well for Dortmund. I just don't think watching a game against this lot is going to alter much for me. Lingard could score a hatrick and it wouldn't be too exciting either, it's just one of those games where it's hard to separate the asterisk and the analysis, but at the same time it's positive he seems to have done well as opposed to doing nothing to enhance his prospects of overtaking Rice and Phillips.

May as well wait until Dortmund play an interesting match or two in the CL to get a more useful viewing and then it will be easier for me to see why we should go all guns blazing for him.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He is so good. Watched him for Dortmund's last game where he got a goal and assist before coming off with a knock.

Liverpool fans are obsessed with him, especially with Gerrard being his idol but there's no way Liverpool's owners will pay the money required.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Could Bellingham replace Fred and play next to Mctominay in a double pivot box to box?

Will that have the adequate defensive & attacking ability?

TrustInJanuzaj

It might have a nice attacking and defensive ying and yang aspect to it.
I still think in an ideal world you’d have a player like Bellingham being your box to box player and then a proper midfield controller next to him which does still give us the same problem as this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Could Bellingham replace Fred and play next to Mctominay in a double pivot box to box?

Will that have the adequate defensive & attacking ability?
Don't think so, and it would be kind of a waste anyways

Think he's going to develop into a roaming attacking midfielder, like gerrard/lampard

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
This is the guy I would prioritise over anyone in world football.

Bellingham over Haaland everyday. This guy is already special. Has the temperament of a United player.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Bellingham over Haaland everyday. This guy is already special. Has the temperament of a United player.
Haaland isnt special nor has the temperament?

Dortmund should try and replace him with Ryan Gravenberch, would be the perfect replacement and perfect step for Ryan.

TrustInJanuzaj

Don't think so, and it would be kind of a waste anyways

Think he's going to develop into a roaming attacking midfielder, like gerrard/lampard
I really hope not. I’d argue that would be more of a waste of his abilities. He could easily grow into a phenomenal box to box player and shouldn’t be limited by just attacking.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I really hope not. I’d argue that would be more of a waste of his abilities. He could easily grow into a phenomenal box to box player and shouldn’t be limited by just attacking.
I think he can develop into an attacking monster and therefore should focus on that :D

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Haaland isnt special nor has the temperament?

Dortmund should try and replace him with Ryan Gravenberch, would be the perfect replacement and perfect step for Ryan.
Haaland is special but we have Ronaldo.
Bellingham and Pogba in the middle?

TrustInJanuzaj

I think he can develop into an attacking monster and therefore should focus on that :D
I guess time will tell, but I’ll be a little disappointed if he goes the Pogba route of being great in attack but an overall liability in midfield due to his lack of defending. I think he can become a more rounded player!

Classical Mechanic

I guess time will tell, but I’ll be a little disappointed if he goes the Pogba route of being great in attack but an overall liability in midfield due to his lack of defending. I think he can become a more rounded player!
The defensive side of his game is really strong and the attacking side is impressive too. His weaknesses are passing and losing the ball too much.I doubt he’ll become like Pogba because he’s really tenacious in the middle of the park. He likes to put his foot in and his pressing is really strong. I doubt he’ll ever become as good as Pogba at passing but could well score more.

https://fbref.com/en/players/57d88cf9/Jude-Bellingham

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Yeah... not sure on that one.

Bellingham is fantastic but there's plenty of midfielders that does a similar job to him already. Haaland? not so much.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Bellingham is a big big talent, but Haaland was last seasons top scorer in the CL. He scored 10 CL goals (8 group stages, 2 Round of 16 against PSG) when he was 19.

To put it in modern day comparison, he holds the record for most goals scored as a teenager in a CL season.

For me, I take the player that is 91GP 92G for his international career.

Lynty

See if we can do a deal for both of them.

£80m a piece?

Leave DM for another season, as is the United way.

MadMike

Haaland is special but we have Ronaldo.
Bellingham and Pogba in the middle?
Fristly, Ronaldo is 36 and Haaland 21. We shouldn't pass on the hottest striking talent of a generation next summer (provided we can sign him) just to keep 37yo Ronaldo happy in his second season. That'd be incredible short termism of the catastrophic kind.

Secondly, no. Pogba and Bellingham in the middle would have atrocious balance as both of them are #8s and none of them prioritises defensive work. Bellingham isn't a CDM, Mahmoud Dahoud is the CDM for BVB. Bellingham-Pogba-Bruno is basically asking to be fecked over. Also you have no idea if Pogba will stay next season.

Lentwood

Haaland and Rice next Summer, then follow with Bellingham 2022/23

Sure, we would be looking at £250m outlay (even with Haaland's release clause) but I wouldn't complain if we didn't make another major signing for a couple of seasons thereafter if we did this.

So if you consider that to be £250m over 4 years, it really isn't that unrealistic, especially if you factor in player sales.

That would give us amazing options and the age profile of the first XI would be so good

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
See if we can do a deal for both of them.

£80m a piece?

Leave DM for another season, as is the United way.
Dortmund aren't going to sell Bellingham until 2023 at the earliest, by which point he'll probably be more expensive than Grealish but it depends how they do without Haaland in 2022/23 season.

Lynty

Dortmund aren't going to sell Bellingham until 2023 at the earliest, by which point he'll probably be more expensive than Grealish but it depends how they do without Haaland in 2022/23 season.
Everything has a price.

But ye, I agree. Can't see Bellingham moving next year unless Dortmund go into a Barca like implosion. Luckily, I do feel we've done a lot of the ground work to make both deals happen, before they even went to Dortmund.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think he can turn into a 20 goals/20 assists a season player. Kind of a waste if he loses that in favour of being more of a central midfielder

TrustInJanuzaj

I think he can turn into a 20 goals/20 assists a season player. Kind of a waste if he loses that in favour of being more of a central midfielder
Do you think? I didn’t really have him down as that kind of player but if he gets those numbers in the future then yes he won’t be asked to track back much. I do think for a side like Utd though he could get 5-10 goals/assists and still play as one of the number 8s.

bosskeano

his contract doesn't expire until 2025 so don't expect any sort of movement from him until 2023 or 2024 at minimum especially the way Dortmund conduct business. If they sell him it'll be for at least 2.5 or 3 times what they paid for him considering by then he'll be a regular for the english national team.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Do you think? I didn’t really have him down as that kind of player but if he gets those numbers in the future then yes he won’t be asked to track back much. I do think for a side like Utd though he could get 5-10 goals/assists and still play as one of the number 8s.
Your numbers sound much more probable to me. I don't see him moving forward so far that he could get 20/20, 15-20 goals/assists combined would be a lot for a player like him, double that would be unbelievable.

TrustInJanuzaj

Your numbers sound much more probable to me. I don't see him moving forward so far that he could get 20/20, 15-20 goals/assists combined would be a lot for a player like him, double that would be unbelievable.
Yeh I agree. To be honest I don’t really think at the moment that’s what he’s about. He’s press resistant, a good dribbler and has an eye for goal. Just an all rounded player especially for one so young. If he can just tighten up his passing, he’s got everything to be absolutely world class.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, it's an exaggerated number, more of an example than actually getting 20/20 :D

But yeah. As i said, Lampard/Gerrard type, a goalscoring attacking midfielder. This is more my projection based on relatively limited viewing though :D

He's a terrific off ball runner, a great dynamic dribbler and haa good goalscoring instincts, as well as being a good finisher. Based on his skillset, i really think focusing on those first and foremost could see him turn into an attacking force

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Impossible not to love this kid.

Anyway, this was posted in the German football thread already, deserves a place here too.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
He's developing nicely, he made the right choice.

We all knew he was a massive talent before he left for Germany, but Dortmund remains a great place for talents to develop themselves.

OrcaFat

Haaland and Rice next Summer, then follow with Bellingham 2022/23

Sure, we would be looking at £250m outlay (even with Haaland's release clause) but I wouldn't complain if we didn't make another major signing for a couple of seasons thereafter if we did this.

So if you consider that to be £250m over 4 years, it really isn't that unrealistic, especially if you factor in player sales.

That would give us amazing options and the age profile of the first XI would be so good
I totally agree.

cpresc

Reports that Dortmund would take a massive offer in January.

IMO this guy should be next on our shopping list - he's a perfect fit and profile for us and could replace Fred as our Box to Box

Santos J

Reports that Dortmund would take a massive offer in January.

IMO this guy should be next on our shopping list - he's a perfect fit and profile for us and could replace Fred as our Box to Box
No there isn't, it started with a line in Bild which says they wouldn't take 100m EUR which is quoted in the Daily Star. He won't leave next summer never mind January.