Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Chief123

Liverpool have got themselves a cracking player.
There’s going to be some serious protests and backlash against FSG when Bellingham doesn’t end up there next summer.

Sadly, the Nunez failure is going to cost Liverpool in more ways than one.

Bwuk

We will be in for him no doubt about it. I think he ends up at City though.

croadyman

We're not dropping £100m on Bellingham after buying a top class striker which will be our absolute priority next summer, a striker who will probably also cost up to £100m. No chance at all.
We need to go all out for Osimhen next summer even though sadly he's not in Haaland's league

SAF is the GOAT

Bellingham is a luxury signing especially we desperately need to strengthen in a few positions

BerryBerryShrew

We need to go all out for Osimhen next summer even though sadly he's not in Haaland's league
He's not as good a goalscorer as Haaland (only Lewa and Benzema are) but he's definitely more rounded in certain aspects of his play. Drogba was consistently outscored by other top strikers but he offered so much more besides that it didn't really matter. The big question is if Osimhen can actually take that next step to get to Drogba's level, but the raw materials are there.

JohnnyLaw

He's not as good a goalscorer as Haaland (only Lewa and Benzema are) but he's definitely more rounded in certain aspects of his play. Drogba was consistently outscored by other top strikers but he offered so much more besides that it didn't really matter. The big question is if Osimhen can actually take that next step to get to Drogba's level, but the raw materials are there.
I was under the impression that Osimhen was much closer to the likes of Lukaku and Nuñez than Drogba in that he has the capacity to score alot of goals but at the same time being poor technically?

Bulldog United

Bellingham is a luxury signing especially we desperately need to strengthen in a few positions
If we finally get the Glazers out this season, we could easily be doing a huge transfer window next summer where we spend hundreds of millions. If Pep sticks around, I think Bellingham will probably end up at City - but that's all up in the air at the moment. I don't think he'll go to Liverpool due to transfer cost and salary after all the money they've committed to Salah. He'd be a great signing for us obviously if we have the budget to strengthen other weak areas too. It's all about getting rid of our current owners though to make such a deal work.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
The contracts if Modric and Kroos expire at the end of this year. Madrid media are confident that he and his agent prefer a move to Real over a move back to England.

TheRedHearted

The contracts if Modric and Kroos expire at the end of this year. Madrid media are confident that he and his agent prefer a move to Real over a move back to England.
Makes sense. The move tends to be England then Spain but it seems about right. Shame we aren’t in the place to lure him

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Going to end up at city with his pal haaland.
Pep already flirting with him.
That's what I think as well. City could easily make space with Gundagon and Silva possibly leaving. Work with Pep, play again with Haaland, earn big money, it's the most logical move.

Drizzle

We aren’t buying a top class striker for £100m next summer.

You’re also forgetting we were ready to drop 85m euro on FDJ which we didn’t in the end. Centre midfield is still a major priority.
We're definitely buying a main striker next summer and they don't come cheap, especially for us. Even merely good ones will be upwards of £70-80m. Better ones will be £100m.

You'll also note that while we didn't buy FDJ, we did drop almost as much on Casemiro so it's not like there's a free £75m just sitting around.

Only a change of ownership will mean we spend near £200m on only 2 players next summer. Especially when we will need other players too most likely. This summer was not normal for us in terms of spend and we're not doing it back to back under the Glazers.

Rossa

I was under the impression that Osimhen was much closer to the likes of Lukaku and Nuñez than Drogba in that he has the capacity to score alot of goals but at the same time being poor technically?
He's also probably slow or fast, weak or strong, short or tall - all depending on who you ask here.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
United is probably going to sign Kroos then. :wenger:

Chief123

We're definitely buying a main striker next summer and they don't come cheap, especially for us. Even merely good ones will be upwards of £70-80m. Better ones will be £100m.

You'll also note that while we didn't buy FDJ, we did drop almost as much on Casemiro so it's not like there's a free £75m just sitting around.

Only a change of ownership will mean we spend near £200m on only 2 players next summer. Especially when we will need other players too most likely. This summer was not normal for us in terms of spend and we're not doing it back to back under the Glazers.
Which top class striker are we signing for 100m? Name one.

Drizzle

Which top class striker are we signing for 100m? Name one.
I don't know. But let me ask you - which striker do you think we'll be interested in that will cost significantly less?

Remember, we hadn't even heard of Nunes this time last season, and he gets sold for £84m 9 months later after one good season.

Everybody will know United need a top striker and prices will be set accordingly. Even Toney would probably cost us over £70m. Osimhen could be £100m. Kane wouldn't be much less than £100m. Kudus the same.

My original point stands -whether it's £80m or £100m, we're not buying an expensive striker AND Bellingham next summer. Unless the ownership changes.

Chief123

My original point stands -whether it's £80m or £100m, we're not buying an expensive striker AND Bellingham next summer. Unless the ownership changes.
No one expected us to spend anywhere near £220m this summer when it was reported we might only have £50m net to spend this summer. £180-200m is not beyond normal at Utd.

OT_United

This guy is going to be the best CM in the world in a few years.
He isn't going to any club unless they're winning trophies every year.
Basically City or Liverpool

AussieDevil

I think Chelsea will go all out for him. Liverpool wont have the financials to do it. Madrid is a strong possibility too but I wonder if they will prefer a more established creative midfielder.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think Chelsea will go all out for him. Liverpool wont have the financials to do it. Madrid is a strong possibility too but I wonder if they will prefer a more established creative midfielder.
Rice will end up at Chelsea.

RkkMan

Liverpool only get him if the big spenders don’t want him, which they will.
Only team that could prove a threat to Liverpool is Madrid who are well stocked there with Camavinga, Tchouameni and Valverde. I think he chooses Liverpool over City/Utd/Chelsea provided they have CL football

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
It seems like clubs are just sitting by and letting Liverpool zero in on him.

Skills

Snitch
He's not a good fit for City.

He's the perfect fit for Liverpool though, he's a replacement and upgrade to what Wijnaldum did for them.

He's also not a good fit for us, because I don't think he resolved our issue of getting the ball from our CBs and reliably moving it to our attackers. We need a Modric lite/regen.

If Bruno Fernandes doesn't have a future here, I can kind of see him fitting in. But that would be perplexing strategically when we've got other things to solve first.

Drizzle

No one expected us to spend anywhere near £220m this summer when it was reported we might only have £50m net to spend this summer. £180-200m is not beyond normal at Utd.
It literally is! It's never happened before this summer. To think it'll happen 2 summers running under the Glazers, especially when there's evidence that cash reserves are running dry, is just wishful thinking. I do hope I'm wrong by the way.

BerryBerryShrew

From what I've seen, Oshimen gets involved in the build up far more than 99% of strikers let alone tap in merchants like Lukaku and Nunez. His hold up play is better than everyone bar Lewandowski. He is closer to Ivan Toney than Nunez stylistically.