Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

kaku06

Not based on this game but in general I just don’t see this amazing world class talent everyone talks about. Every time I try to watch him as a neutral and I just don’t see it. I might be wrong and a bit blind but what is he supposed to be so good at ?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not based on this game but in general I just don’t see this amazing world class talent everyone talks about. Every time I try to watch him as a neutral and I just don’t see it. I might be wrong and a bit blind but what is he supposed to be so good at ?
That's because right now he is nowhere near world class. Miles away.

avgp_1

He is 19 so not the finished product yet and has up and down games but lots to like about. Pace in midfield is underrated, Bellingham has loads of it, to break from midfield and dribble into the attacking third, linking up, getting into shooting opportunities. He is not a tempo setter imo

Hammondo

He is 19 so not the finished product yet and has up and down games but lots to like about. Pace in midfield is underrated, Bellingham has loads of it, to break from midfield and dribble into the attacking third, linking up, getting into shooting opportunities. He is not a tempo setter imo
Yet none of the best midfielders in history were pacy.

Red00012

He’s 19

avgp_1

Yet none of the best midfielders in history were pacy.
They don't need to be absolutely rapid but that extra yard of pace and being a powerful runner with the ball makes a big difference in midfield.

tomaldinho1

I agree he’s overrated but then that’s because he’s so young. It’s really hard to know how good he’ll be mid twenties and a lot depends on attitude now for him to kick on - he might be prime Yaya, he could also be Tugay.

Walters_19_MuFc

I think he'll be one of ten Hag's top target next summer. He'll use him exactly how he used Gravenberch.

Bellingham (Gravenberch) - Bruno (Berghuis)
Casemiro (Alvarez)

Hammondo

They don't need to be absolutely rapid but that extra yard of pace and being a powerful runner with the ball makes a big difference in midfield.
They need to be agile with some acceleration, that's about it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Doubt it. Unless there's a takeover, the money isn't there.
I still don't get where people actually get this from. Since Sir Alex, we're fourth in Europe in terms of money spent behind City, Chelsea and Barcelona. This summer, we spent 216M. If ten Hag wants Bellingham, then the money is there - trust me!

avgp_1

And then there are those that have that bit extra. Valverde right now or Essien in the past come to mind. Having that extra bit of pace and power can only be a good thing.

arthurka

I still don't get where people actually get this from. Since Sir Alex, we're fourth in Europe in terms of money spent behind City, Chelsea and Barcelona. This summer, we spent 216M. If ten Hag wants Bellingham, then the money is there - trust me!
Don't know if you have seen the numbers but we really don't look good on the spreadsheet for last season. 90m+ added to the debt, 100m+ in the red and the highest wages. Something will need to give.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I think you just need to have a picture of who is where on the pitch, and be able to pass.

Modric, Scholes, Xavi, Pirlo were hardly fast midfielders. You don't need to be able to run if you have a decent pass.

Having said that Bellingham is also a ball carrier.

Don't know if you have seen the numbers but we really don't look good on the spreadsheet for last season. 90m+ added to the debt, 100m+ in the red and the highest wages. Something will need to give.
I expect major sales next summer, Ronaldo will be gone too.

I expect Shaw, Maguire, VDB, AWB and a few others to be sold to recoup £100m+

avgp_1

I think you just need to have a picture of who is where on the pitch, and be able to pass.

Modric, Scholes, Xavi, Pirlo were hardly fast midfielders. You don't need to be able to run if you have a decent pass.
But Bellingham is not like one of those midfielders. He is mostly about dribbling out of tight spaces and running with the ball. Linking up, getting shots across. It's futile looking at those kind of players and trying to judge him

Remember the geese

It sounds as if the poor performances on the pitch have finally caught up with us from a financial point of view. A central midfielder is not as big a priority as other areas. Especially not a £100m prospect.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
But Bellingham is not like one of those midfielders. He is mostly about dribbling out of tight spaces and running with the ball. Linking up, getting shots across. It's futile looking at those kind of players and trying to judge him
He's not close to those players no, the point is midfielders don't always require pace.

Bellingham I think you can mould into nearly anything though he has the ability, but he'll end up as one of those "complete midfielders" that we rarely see IMO.

One that carries the ball, can pass, shoot, defend. How far he goes, I have no idea.

arthurka

Having said that Bellingham is also a ball carrier.

I expect major sales next summer, Ronaldo will be gone too.

I expect Shaw, Maguire, VDB, AWB and a few others to be sold to recoup £100m+
Sorry but I don't see us getting 100m for these.

Dingo

Supports
Haaland
Every world class talent that has turned into a world class player has one redeeming quality that evolves when he’s in his prime. What’s his going to be? I don’t see it either.

Hammondo

He's not close to those players no, the point is midfielders don't always require pace.

Bellingham I think you can mould into nearly anything though he has the ability, but he'll end up as one of those "complete midfielders" that we rarely see IMO.

One that carries the ball, can pass, shoot, defend. How far he goes, I have no idea.
Can you give me an example of one of these complete midfielders.

Walters_19_MuFc

Goalkeeper and striker to name two.
Yes and there's no reason we can't buy a midfielder, too. As I said, we spent 216M. Goalkeeper won't cost a lot and there's no attainable strikers currently out there that would cost more than 50/60M. You also need to factor in that we'll most likely sell players next season, too. Potentially Maguire, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Bailly (on loan), etc.

The Purley King

I thought he played well today.
Clearly an excellent player but playing in a completely disfunctional midfield.
Has the skills to be exceptional but alongside many previous cm talents we’ve had he won’t show it in an England shirt

Remember the geese

Yes and there's no reason we can't buy a midfielder, too. As I said, we spent 216M. Goalkeeper won't cost a lot and there's no attainable strikers currently out there that would cost more than 50/60M. You also need to factor in that we'll most likely sell players next season, too. Potentially Maguire, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Bailly (on loan), etc.
I'd love to be proven wrong but I just can't see us spending the best part of £200m, even with sales. I think the well is truly dry, though hopefully a takeover happens by the summer.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Can you give me an example of one of these complete midfielders.
Keane, Vieira, Toure, Schweinsteiger, Matthaus. Are a few that "did" exist in the past that were near to complete, the current game you get people that play set positions

Hammondo

Keane, Vieira, Toure, Schweinsteiger, Matthaus. Are a few that "did" exist in the past that were near to complete, the current game you get people that play set positions
But they are not complete midfielders, they all have weaknesses or parts of midfield they couldn't do.

Frank Grimes

One of those "complete midfielders" like Gerrard who could never run a game from midfield. A moments player.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
One of those "complete midfielders" like Gerrard who could never run a game from midfield. A moments player.
I'd argue Gerrard had everything though, he wasn't a Pirlo, Xavi or Scholes of course.

Gerrard tried to win games by himself sometimes, Scholes, Xavi, Pirlo made the teams they played in dominant different ways of play but I wouldn't say Gerrard wasn't complete at all

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How did he do yesterday?

Find him a bit overrated for being an English player playing abroad.

Last edited: