Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
People get hung up on age, Bellingham will improve with experience but aside from that I believe he's just started his career earlier and may well regress earlier than the norm.

Or, he may put up Gareth Barry numbers.

I think historical evidence would favour the former.
Yeah players don´t develop lineary, he could as well peak like Rooney at 24 and regress afterwards or never take the next and next step to make him truly exceptional player. I mean weve seen it with mayn players before at Dortmund. Weigl, Dahoud, Pulisic and many others even inclinding some more senior players like Kagawa, Mkh, proved to be great system/dortmund who could never took the next step to the very top. Few question marks with Sancho too imo. Haaland looks mentally strong enough to follow path of Lewa.. Bellingham too soon to judge really.

mav_9me

I don't think he has been super impressive. At least so far. He hasn't been bad or anything but nothing special. But of course this is just a few months in. More than likely he will get better and show us if he is as great as many thought.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
......and the very team absolutely blew the other teams away in Europe last year and will probably do the same this year. CL must be a Farmers cup comp too. If that club was in our league, you think they wouldn't be winning it too.....
That team has gotten to what, one CL final in the same time period. Liverpool slapped them about in their own house just a couple seasons before. It’s a farmers league which is seen as a developmental stage for players. That developmental stage either leads to a better club in a better league - or to the one top club in that league.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
......and the very team absolutely blew the other teams away in Europe last year and will probably do the same this year. CL must be a Farmers cup comp too. If that club was in our league, you think they wouldn't be winning it too.....
Bayern aren't anywhere as good as last year, they also benefitted from Liverpool getting knocked out by Atletico because had the Scousers got past them they likely would've won it again.

Litch

That team has gotten to what, one CL final in the same time period. Liverpool slapped them about in their own house just a couple seasons before. It’s a farmers league which is seen as a developmental stage for players. That developmental stage either leads to a better club in a better league - or to the one top club in that league.
Some fans. Where are all our 100m players in our Farmers leagues in this country then? You know to develop you need to be tested? You know Bayerns record outside of the Farmers league? You know which Farmers league Klopp came from?

Litch

Bayern aren't anywhere as good as last year, they also benefitted from Liverpool getting knocked out by Atletico because had the Scousers got past them they likely would've won it again.
How many CL have Bayern won from their Farmers league. How many points have the winners of PL beaten the second and third team by over the years in our elite league?

AltiUn

How many CL have Bayern won from their Farmers league. How many points have the winners of PL beaten the second and third team by over the years in our elite league?
I'm not questioning the quality of the Farmesliga. I just don't think Bayern are that good this season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Some fans. Where are all our 100m players in our Farmers leagues in this country then? You know to develop you need to be tested? You know Bayerns record outside of the Farmers league? You know which Farmers league Klopp came from?
Genuinely don’t understand what you mean here. But to uncomplicate - Bundesliga is a farmer’s league. They have had the same winner 8 years in a row, a winner which until last year, barely looked like winning the CL in that period. They haven’t had a team look like winning the Europa League in God knows how long, and any player above the age of 23/24 playing in Germany cannot consider himself a top player unless he plays for Bayern Munich. If you still play in Germany and don’t play for Bayern in your mid-twenties - you are typically a second rate footballer. At any given time, the only non-Bayern player in the whole country any United fan would want will typically be about 20 years old.

Litch

I'm not questioning the quality of the Farmesliga. I just don't think Bayern are that good this season.
Who is as good this season. I'd sell my first born for us to be (not) as good' as Bayern this season.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Genuinely don’t understand what you mean here. But to uncomplicate - Bundesliga is a farmer’s league. They have had the same winner 8 years in a row, a winner which until last year, barely looked like winning the CL in that period. They haven’t had a team look like winning the Europa League in God knows how long, and any player above the age of 23/24 playing in Germany cannot consider himself a top player unless he plays for Bayern Munich. If you still play in Germany and don’t play for Bayern in your mid-twenties - you are typically a second rate footballer. At any given time, the only non-Bayern player in the whole country any United fan would want will typically be about 20 years old.
To be fair, Bayern were strong contenders for the CL title in every of those 8 seasons you mentioned with the exception of that year with Kovac when they lost to Liverpool.

Had things gone slightly different Bayern could have won each of the 2016, 2017, 2018 CL's instead on Real.

Do you remember those semi-final games against Atletico (2016) and Real (2017 & 2018). Do you remember those referee performances? Do you remember how badly Bayern dominated Real in 2018? Only to be knocked out due to freak blunders by their substitute GK and substitute RB?

I get that the Bundesliga is on average a lower level than the PL, but I don't get why you need to make things up to try prove your point.

Litch

Sounds like you are describing the prem.....

cpresc

In the 5 minutes I've just watched him in this England team, I want him at Utd.

His off the ball movement and desire to receive the ball is exactly what we need.

Leg-End

It’s San Marino, but he does look very comfortable on the ball.

Bwuk

England don’t have anyone like him breaking through. He’ll be incredibly important for them going forward.

Camilo

Exactly.

The Premier League is the same shite as every other league, it's just the shite most of us here happen to watch. We should be proud.....allowing ourselves to be ripped off at every turn so average players can earn hundreds of thousands every week.

Oh Englerland, oh Englerland...

GlasgowCeltic

Definitely looks talented, plus he’s tall, which in football pundit speak means he’s got everything

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
?

England have had 3 EL winners and 1 CL winner in the last 8 years. 3 clubs too.

Germany have 2 CLs but they are both Bayern.

There have been 5 different winners of the PL in the last 8 years.

There has been 1 in the Bundesliga.

AltiUn

?

England have had 3 EL winners and 1 CL winner in the last 8 years. 3 clubs too.

Germany have 2 CLs but they are both Bayern.

There have been 5 different winners of the PL in the last 8 years.

There has been 1 in the Bundesliga.
Shall we take turns guessing who the 1 winner was?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is going to be another one Ed and co messed up over the next few years. I don’t doubt the player would have chosen Dortmund anyway for an easier passage into top class football but we could have at least matched their offer. I’ll be pissed if we are going back for him for 100 million in a few years but we balked at a few grand a week extra last summer.

Trex

This is going to be another one Ed and co messed up over the next few years. I don’t doubt the player would have chosen Dortmund anyway for an easier passage into top class football but we could have at least matched their offer. I’ll be pissed if we are going back for him for 100 million in a few years but we balked at a few grand a week extra last summer.
We won't need to if we Murtough does his job by properly getting his signings right over the next few windows its not like he s the only player in Europe.

Devil may care

Obviously he was playing against bums last night but he was good in the 2 games I saw recently against Sevilla, it'll be interesting to see what type of midfielder he develops into.

Ali Dia

We won't need to if we Murtough does his job by properly getting his signings right over the next few windows its not like he s the only player in Europe.
Im assuming Murtough was part of the decision making on the Bellingham deal. Same with giving Matic a new deal. I’m not expecting any miracles this summer just because we invented a few new job titles behind the scenes. Its still the same owners and at the end of the day it’s up to the owners to fully stock the team with the requisite quality to challenge. I hope they fully back up the manager and now their new layer of admin too. The football world is going to be watching them intently this summer I’m sure.

Ole clearly wanted bellingham and haaland while they were much cheaper and they could have got them for him but we let Dortmund outsell and probably outbid us in both cases. Hopefully we don’t keep making the same mistakes and just end up paying for Dortmund to trial and error players and we just place ourselves to pick up their successes for a massively inflated price. As we can see with Haaland, it doesn’t even really work out, realistically we aren’t going to be his first choice anymore. We also needed Sancho badly for this season, next season will do but we surely can’t afford him and to fix everything else that’s come up even since last summer. When we constantly delay and compromise then new problems inevitably arise and we eventually just fall even further behind and it costs us more to fix in the long run, if we fix it at all.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
My word this boys gonna be something special

This should be our Pogba replacement, fecking hell how did we miss out on him and Haaland :mad:

Drainy

My word this boys gonna be something special

This should be our Pogba replacement, fecking hell how did we miss out on him and Haaland :mad:
Dortmund offered 20k a week more and guaranteed games, we offered less money, more competition and more pressure.

He made the right choice for his career but sucks for us.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Dortmund offered 20k a week more and guaranteed games, we offered less money, more competition and more pressure.

He made the right choice for his career but sucks for us.
Lesson learnt with both, we've got to do more to get these talents over the line

Ali Dia

Lesson learnt with both, we've got to do more to get these talents over the line
I totally agree with you but I have also come around to the idea that there’s just no way he’d have got the same amount of football here. He made the right choice for himself. Haaland I’ve thought was a mistake all along. I thought the release clause you can work around and take out of the next deal but Mino and the tour of clubs is making it feel like we did the right thing. We would have just become the haaland show for a year and then flip a coin whether he’s happy to stay or not after that. I suppose either way it’s no worse than getting loans and free transfers for the position!

Drainy

Ole wouldn't play him anyway, look at how Amad is used.
Depends. He plays Greenwood regularly when his form allows it.

The problem for Amad is he's new to the country and English football and very lightweight.

Dortmund was a great move for Bellingham and I hope when he's available he joins us.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ole wouldn't play him anyway, look at how Amad is used.
Bit of a daft thing to say when you see how many games Greenwood has had. Amad is adapting to a new country and new league.

red_de_pologne

Bit of a daft thing to say when you see how many games Greenwood has had. Amad is adapting to a new country and new league.
it’s not only Amad, it’s Tuanzebe, Williams (this season).. Any manager would play Greenwood, but other than him Ole doesn’t really bring through many youngsters. Doesnt even give many cameos.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
it’s not only Amad, it’s Tuanzebe, Williams (this season).. Any manager would play Greenwood, but other than him Ole doesn’t really bring through many youngsters. Doesnt even give many cameos.
Taunzebe has been chronically injured, Williams took his eye off the ball and his form dropped.

dbs235

Such a good player, and absolutely no one can blame him for choosing regular game time at Dortmund. He's currently playing (well) in a CL quarter final, no one can say he made the wrong choice for his development.