Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
For me, I would always play Pobga and then one of those two which leaves Bellingham as second choice/backup for Pogba. But Ole prefers to play either those two (defensively much better than Bellingham) or one of them and Pogba (much better than Bellingham) so under it's even harder to make a case for him playing given his preferences IMO.

Are they?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I have no idea how you can watch this performance and be like "we've got Garner and Mjebri though."
It's not like the club said that though, they wanted Bellingham.

The Purley King

Contract expires summer 2023.
So another couple of years at Dortmund then leave on a free and come to Utd?
You would love to see it.

Unrealistic I know but its good to dream :)

red_de_pologne

What sort of gametime have Williams and Tuanzebe really warranted?

No the thread to discuss this excessively, but Williams was starting Champions League games last season, Tuanzebe had a brilliant performance against PSG beginning of the season, after which he didn't get a look in for quite a while. I don't think Ole is utilising the squad as well as he could, I mean, we spent 70 million on VDB and Amad, and they hardly play at all.

JustinC00

but Williams was starting Champions League games last season
No he wasn't. Because we weren't in the Champions League. He played because it was Europa.

Tuanzebe had a brilliant performance against PSG beginning of the season, after which he didn't get a look in for quite a while.
and his play in games since then is proving why he isn't getting looks

He deserved a big piece of the blame pie for the Sheffield loss Missed heading the ball away on the corner and it found the head of the guy he was supposed to be marking and then stood there in the box for Sheffield's 2nd goal instead of closing down and the ball went right off his knee into the goal

Also came on against Leicester and stood there for their equalizer, while it would be harsh to put the goal completely on him, still think he could have done more on that then just stand there and give Vardy an open shot.

I mean, we spent 70 million on VDB and Amad, and they hardly play at all.
Amad is a teenager that just got here in January. VDB is case of Bruno and Pogba being a head of him. Which if you are arguing he should play a head of those two then you are just looking for things to complain about

slored1

Too bad we couldn't bring him in. Looks like a top prospect, plus he's English. Well, we got Bruno instead in that transfer window, if I remember correctly.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Too bad we couldn't bring him in. Looks like a top prospect, plus he's English. Well, we got Bruno instead in that transfer window, if I remember correctly.
It'll be interesting to see which club brings him back to England.

TrustInOle

I thought he was exceptional last night for a 17 year old! First full game watching him live, if anyone can confirm this is what he is normally like, then wow, what a talent. Even if not, to play how he did against a very good City side, needs applauding.

Edit. Also should of had a goal, shocking refereeing, at least let him put it in the net before blowing, w4nker.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I thought he was exceptional last night for a 17 year old! First full game watching him live, if anyone can confirm this is what he is normally like, then wow, what a talent. Even if not, to play how he did against a very good City side, needs applauding.

Edit. Also should of had a goal, shocking refereeing, at least let him put it in the net before blowing, w4nker.
I dont get why the ref didn't let it play out and then go to VAR. It's like he had an agenda against Dortmund or something.

TrustInOle

I dont get why the ref didn't let it play out and then go to VAR. It's like he had an agenda against Dortmund or something.
I thought the exact same, he had to wait, what, 3 seconds? For him to put the ball in the net and left it down to VAR. Confusing is putting it politely. The pen over turned was also a joke to give in the first place.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I thought the exact same, he had to wait, what, 3 seconds? For him to put the ball in the net and left it down to VAR. Confusing is putting it politely. The pen over turned was also a joke to give in the first place.
Referees need to be questioned after the game. Or at least have to release a statement or something. This idiot might have just cost Dortmund the tie and he can carry on about his business as usual.

Smores

He wouldn't have played much if we had signed him. Performances come with game time and we wouldn't have given him enough to prove himself, our fans would probably be slagging him off at this point i reckon.

It's why he was absolutely right to go to Dortmund. Youngsters do themselves a disservice moving to big clubs early, you want that move when you're an established first teamer.

Giggsy13

He wouldn't have played much if we had signed him. Performances come with game time and we wouldn't have given him enough to prove himself, our fans would probably be slagging him off at this point i reckon.

It's why he was absolutely right to go to Dortmund. Youngsters do themselves a disservice moving to big clubs early, you want that move when you're an established first teamer.
I agree. Going to a small club like Dortmund was a good way to get experience and he’ll get his move to a big club eventually. Hopefully us of course.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Let's just say he is for sure not the reason why Dortmund is struggling so much this season. Not every game of him was as good as this, but he also rarely is the reason for Dortmunds losses. Considering his age he is doing extremely well this season.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City

I couldn't agree more ! Playing time in a competitive environment is essential to a young players development. I know some young players are able to step up to Premier League football but most need some Championship or equivalent level football to mature their game. The only thing for me is that the player is matched up with a manager & system compatible to his style.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just love the english young talent at the moment.

It feels like we have finally believed in giving up the unnecessarily overboard reliance on physicality and have much well rounded or technically capable players.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So this kid is the real deal, right? Crazy how assured he looks playing CL football at such a young age. With all the talk of “generational talents” like Foden and Greenwood could he the best of the lot?
There's probably going to be very little between them. England are falling over excellent young talents.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
So this kid is the real deal, right? Crazy how assured he looks playing CL football at such a young age. With all the talk of “generational talents” like Foden and Greenwood could he the best of the lot?
His maturity is striking, as is his taking responsibility. Fantastic player.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
£100m+ for him next year. Explains why we were willing to part with £30m for him last summer. He’s 17 years old and he’s scoring in a Qrt Final against top opposition. I reckon he has a higher ceiling than all of England’s young talents. I would wet my pants if we signed him.

PoTMS

He wouldn't be playing for our first XI had we signed him so no point getting upset we didn't sign him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He wouldn't be playing for our first XI had we signed him so no point getting upset we didn't sign him.
Based on this form he does easily but I guess whether he'd of got the opportunity to begin with is another thing

I said it last week though this is our long term Pogba replacement

MetoTTT

This 100%. He was right to go there and develop. He hardly would have played here.