Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Judas

Open to offers
Liverpool don't have any past examples of locking down these talents super early, do they? So why are people shitting the bed so badly thinking they've got him secured? For his talent, price tag, and wages, I'd be shocked if that was the case.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Liverpool don't have any past examples of locking down these talents super early, do they? So why are people shitting the bed so badly thinking they've got him secured? For his talent, price tag, and wages, I'd be shocked if that was the case.
I'm wondering about that as well...

Why the panic? Why are people here so sure that Liverpool are already so far in talks? There is little to no indication from the Dortmund camp that anythinf about his future has already been decided.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Who is an ex-player/current player that plays similar to how Bellingham does?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure where he will sign, but it will be for a boat load of money. Real Madrid know top teams are willing to open the check book.

Google translate from the article
From London there are reports from The Sun newspaper where they point out that Todd Boehly, brand new owner of a Chelsea team that has already left almost 300 'kilos' last summer, is beginning to push hard for a Jude Bellingham that will be key to the plans of the Blues in the coming years. The change of strategist on the bench (Graham Potter by Thomas Tuchel), a fact no less in the face of what is to come.
113 million euros would put those from Stamford Bridge on the table of a Dortmund that is beginning to rub its hands. Although it remains to be seen how and in what way Madrid will attack negotiations in which Florentino Pérez hopes to beat the Premier again, from Real Madrid they do not ignore the titanic offers that arrive for a Jude Bellingham who in the summer of 2023 will change his shirt and league .

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Not sure where he will sign, but it will be for a boat load of money. Real Madrid know top teams are willing to open the check book.

Google translate from the article
From the google translate - a Chelsea team that has already left almost 300 'kilos' last summer - do they refer to Lukaku? That's harsh, I mean he's heavy but 300 kilos is pushing it a bit.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
From the google translate - a Chelsea team that has already left almost 300 'kilos' last summer - do they refer to Lukaku? That's harsh, I mean he's heavy but 300 kilos is pushing it a bit.
Maybe they confused the year and added up Hazard and Lukaku.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
You could add Willian to the departs Chelsea as a fatty club.

Classical Mechanic

He should join Real Madrid if he can. Much more chance of sustained success there rather than joining any English side not named Man City. He isn't a Guardiola player either in my opinion.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He should join Real Madrid if he can. Much more chance of sustained success there rather than joining any English side not named Man City. He isn't a Guardiola player either in my opinion.
Why not? Wasnt the same said of Haaland?

devil99

He will go for Tchoumaneni money but in pounds though. So mostly 90m £

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
English clubs should be wary of doing business with Dortmund, vast majority of signings from there cost absurd money and eventually fail.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
That's not really Dortmund's fault, that's on the clubs.
Never said it's Dortmund's fault, they are looking out for themselves to get the best deal possible but after so many failures from Bundesliga (and specifically Dortmund) you would think English clubs would be reluctant to drop hilarious amount of money on their players. It is certain Bellingham will cost well above €100m, maybe even €150m.

Off the top of my head, only successful signings I can recall from Dortmund in recent years are Gundogan and Haaland.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Never said it's Dortmund's fault, they are looking out for themselves to get the best deal possible but after so many failures from Bundesliga (and specifically Dortmund) you would think English clubs would be reluctant to drop hilarious amount of money on their players. It is certain Bellingham will cost well above €100m, maybe even €150m.

Off the top of my head, only successful signings I can recall from Dortmund in recent years are Gundogan and Haaland.
Dembele, Aubameyang.

Hummels and Lewa on free transfers.

Classical Mechanic

Why not? Wasnt the same said of Haaland?
He's more of a tempo player, an all action type. He loses the ball quite a lot through dispossessions and bad passes. He's basically a high risk kind of player who would be most suited to Klopp's football rather than Guardiola's. The question is how long that Klopp will remain at Liverpool and if they really have the cash or will to spend at the elite level. I think considering his style and other dynamics his best bet would be to sign for Real Madrid. Maybe he could adapt to Guardiola's possession based system but it's more of a risk. I'm not sure that City are even seriously in for him. It seems that Liverpool and Real Madrid are the sides with the big interest in him.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
For all those worried about Jude joining Liverpool, remember the only reason why any top player or top talent will join them is Klopp. All success has come because he makes 7/10 players play like 9/10 players. If he leaves at the end of the season (possible) there is a huge chance that Liverpool regress to becoming Europa League level rather than PL/CL challengers.
There is literally nothing else at Liverpool - location/wages/prestige can all be bettered or replicated elsewhere.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
For all those worried about Jude joining Liverpool, remember the only reason why any top player or top talent will join them is Klopp. All success has come because he makes 7/10 players play like 9/10 players. If he leaves at the end of the season (possible) there is a huge chance that Liverpool regress to becoming Europa League level rather than PL/CL challengers.
There is literally nothing else at Liverpool - location/wages/prestige can all be bettered or replicated elsewhere.
No chance he leaves. He has a contract until 2025 and will almost certainly see it out.

Strootman's Finger

I can't wait till Klopp leaves and reality slaps Liverpool in the face. Hopefully Klopp's seven year curse continues.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
No chance he leaves. He has a contract until 2025 and will almost certainly see it out.
Players look mentally exhausted and I don't think the club will spend big unless huge sales are made. Their most valuable assets (barring TAA/Robertson/Diaz/Allisson) have a low resale value. Does Klopp want to undertake another rebuild? How long can you 'value-buy' your way to success in the PL?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Just like he did at Dortmund and Mainz eh
What?

You expect him to religiously stay at each club for 7 years just because he did it in his first two clubs? That doesn’t make any sense.

mu4c_20le

What?

You expect him to religiously stay at each club for 7 years just because he did it in his first two clubs? That doesn’t make any sense.
He's never seen out his contract. He has form for walking when he feels he can no longer get a tune out of the players.

wangyu

I don't really know him well, what kind of player is he? What is his style? Is he a pass and move player like Eriksen? A ball carrier like from deep to higher up the pitch like Frenkie? A tackling intercepting ball winner a la McTominay? A very attacking midfielder that makes runs into the box? Maybe he is a bit of all of them?

And more importantly what type of player do we need the most?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Going from De Jong to Bellingham seems like 2 different types of tactics.

Teja

I believe it but I don't think it's entirely our fault that we weren't able to bring him here. In fact I think the Haaland, Bellingham, Nunez, Sesko links show that our scouting is reasonably good. It's other factors that determine if we can sign a player or not.

Dortmund are a next logical move for a young player looking to develop. Guaranteed game time, good coaching, stable environment vs chaos over the past decade, constant managerial change, forcing players to honor their contracts (Pogba) instead of letting them leave at an appropriate time.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m sure Ole was blue in the face telling everyone to sign Haaland from his earliest moments in the pro game. We can spot them but we can’t get them over the line because the club has been a hot mess. Basically Arsenal of this generation. Oh we could have signed him but we didn’t bother…

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Going from De Jong to Bellingham seems like 2 different types of tactics.
Bellingham is one of those talents though you just have to sign him. I think he can do what De Jong does, ball carrying and passing from deep he literally has everything as a midfielder and you don't find those anymore.

If it was between a 25 year old FDJ at £75m and a 19 year old Bellingham at £120m it's Bellingham every day of the week.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I really don't think he's the type of midfielder we are striving to have. Seems like it would be a mismatched signing.

Suedesi

The Athletic was running a story how BVB are pricing him at 150M Euros and Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool and us are supposedly going into a bidding war come this summer.

Feels ridiculous

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The Athletic was running a story how BVB are pricing him at 150M Euros and Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool and us are supposedly going into a bidding war come this summer.

Feels ridiculous
It is bonkers. He isn't worth anywhere that right now.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It is bonkers. He isn't worth anywhere that right now.
Yes he is, not because of his ability but because of his entire profile.

But profile doesn't win matches, nor does just ability.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes he is, not because of his ability but because of his entire profile.

But profile doesn't win matches, nor does just ability.
I have watched him several times and have yet to be impressed with him. I'm sure he is a talent but I just don't see anything special other than the fact he is very young.

avgp_1

Will be paying for potential, but just don't think that's worth it. Way too much money for someone who has lots to iron out still