Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We missed our chance when he left Birmingham. I doubt we'll be top of the clubs he'd want to go to by next summer.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I have watched him several times and have yet to be impressed with him. I'm sure he is a talent but I just don't see anything special other than the fact he is very young.
Yeah.. that's possible.

Watched him vs Ajax last season and he was the best player on the pitch.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It is bonkers. He isn't worth anywhere that right now.
He's not but whoever buys him at whatever crazy price he ends up going for will be paying premium for both his current ability and his potential in the years to come. It's the same with Tchouameni. Way overpriced for his current level but if he stays at Madrid for the next 10 years like Modric has and he continues to develop and improve then the price won't really matter that much in the end.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He's not but whoever buys him at whatever crazy price he ends up going for will be paying premium for both his current ability and his potential in the years to come. It's the same with Tchouameni. Way overpriced for his current level but if he stays at Madrid for the next 10 years like Modric has and he continues to develop and improve then the price won't really that much in the end.
Potential is a risky game though - tons of young talented players look amazing but then just fade out or don't improve as expected.

mu4c_20le

We missed our chance when he left Birmingham. I doubt we'll be top of the clubs he'd want to go to by next summer.
Some did joke at the time that we'll end up paying over 100m for him some day. Maybe his price will put off most clubs.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Potential is a risky game though - tons of young talented players look amazing but then just fade out or don't improve as expected.
It's definitely a risk. There's no getting away from that, any high priced transfer is whether they're in their prime or a promising talent, but with Bellingham I would say it's more of a calculated risk than blind faith.

Suedesi

He's not but whoever buys him at whatever crazy price he ends up going for will be paying premium for both his current ability and his potential in the years to come. It's the same with Tchouameni. Way overpriced for his current level but if he stays at Madrid for the next 10 years like Modric has and he continues to develop and improve then the price won't really matter that much in the end.
Tchouameini is a good comp actually - he is world class French midfielder, has a similar talent level to Jude, perhaps even better, and went for 80 million Euros. Jude should be in the same price bracket, not 2x

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tchouameini is a good comp actually - he is world class French midfielder, has a similar talent level to Jude, perhaps even better, and went for 80 million Euros. Jude should be in the same price bracket, not 2x
He'll probably go for something like that in the end. Just like Declan Rice, no-one is going to pay £130-150m for him. There just won't be any takers at that price. If that's valuation Dortmund put on him, he'll likely stay at Dortmund for another season or two before moving for a much lower fee.

wangyu

It doesn’t really matter, every upcoming midfield player pales in comparison with Pedri. La Liga continuously manages to attract the best talents in the world.

Idxomer

He's gonna have 2 years on his contract in 2023, there's no way he's moving for 150m unless Dortmund secretly extended his contract like they did with Sancho.

Conor

No English tax involved in that fee.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Move on. Quite a lot of talents out there for half the price.

Rolaholic

The Athletic was running a story how BVB are pricing him at 150M Euros and Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool and us are supposedly going into a bidding war come this summer.

Feels ridiculous
Much more comfortable spending that amount on him than Declan Rice.

Just a shame that we rolled out the red carpet for him and his family and tried everything for his signature only for him to go elsewhere and become the player everyone hoped he'd become

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It doesn’t really matter, every upcoming midfield player pales in comparison with Pedri. La Liga continuously manages to attract the best talents in the world.
Is it possible Pedri is maybe a tad overhyped these days?

Hammondo

Bellingham is one of those talents though you just have to sign him. I think he can do what De Jong does, ball carrying and passing from deep he literally has everything as a midfielder and you don't find those anymore.

If it was between a 25 year old FDJ at £75m and a 19 year old Bellingham at £120m it's Bellingham every day of the week.
You got to be kidding.

Hammondo

Modric was amazing before he joined RM.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Weve got a few options if we can afford him.

Spunk 100mill on him then play mctom and Fred as first choice.
Spunk 100mill on him and turn him into the next mctom
Spunk 100 mill on him and play him in some position he has never played in before.

Hammondo

Not at all.
Probably the most overrated midfielder in the PL currently. Was poor in a lot of last season and has carried it on this season. The only times when he's played well is when his team is packing the defence. Disappears from midfield often.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
LFC journos have been out tempering expectations re: Bellingham today and yesterday. Think it'll come down to Madrid, Chelsea, United and City for his signature next summer.

Hala Madrid :lol:

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Probably the most overrated midfielder in the PL currently. Was poor in a lot of last season and has carried it on this season. The only times when he's played well is when his team is packing the defence. Disappears from midfield often.
He's 19 years old. If you are saying a 19 year old has some consistency issues from time to time then that's hardly specific to his case.

The point is that United have good options in that area now, he's a box to box midfielder that can play also as a DM, a CM in general. The kids literally going to be one of the top midfielders in Europe.

Per 90 last year in the CL he actually did better than FDJ in the majority of passing metrics and also dribbling with the ball. Better in defensively metrics too (that's on the CL) in the league he wasn't at the same level for the entire season.

Would I take FDJ if Jude went to another team? Sure. Would I take FDJ over Bellingham if both were willing to join and I had to choose? No way.

United mess up this kind of signing routinely, Moyes cancelled Thiago joining from Barca in 2013, Van Gaal cancelled Toni Kroos joining from Bayern. Both very young at the top with a very high ceiling, now United have an option to pursue someone that's just a top player and will be for any team he goes to.

It's a no brainer to me, the issue is beating other teams to his signature.

Only United and Chelsea were in for FDJ last summer, the next summer there'll be 5 or 6 clubs after Bellingham and that's telling. Teams won't throw £100m into a player on a whim.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid cannot afford him if the price is E150m … especially if we get kicked out of the CL as a punishment for the Super League … the club has set aside up to E800m in the ability to borrow from banks to make up for lost revenues if we are kicked out for a few years.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Still not totally convinced on Jude personally. The figures quoted put me off even more.

Maureen-yo

He's 19 years old. If you are saying a 19 year old has some consistency issues from time to time then that's hardly specific to his case.

The point is that United have good options in that area now, he's a box to box midfielder that can play also as a DM, a CM in general. The kids literally going to be one of the top midfielders in Europe.

Per 90 last year in the CL he actually did better than FDJ in the majority of passing metrics and also dribbling with the ball. Better in defensively metrics too (that's on the CL) in the league he wasn't at the same level for the entire season.

Would I take FDJ if Jude went to another team? Sure. Would I take FDJ over Bellingham if both were willing to join and I had to choose? No way.

United mess up this kind of signing routinely, Moyes cancelled Thiago joining from Barca in 2013, Van Gaal cancelled Toni Kroos joining from Bayern. Both very young at the top with a very high ceiling, now United have an option to pursue someone that's just a top player and will be for any team he goes to.

It's a no brainer to me, the issue is beating other teams to his signature.

Only United and Chelsea were in for FDJ last summer, the next summer there'll be 5 or 6 clubs after Bellingham and that's telling. Teams won't throw £100m into a player on a whim.
Good post :)

El-Manos

I don’t see why he would be opposed to the move if we make progress this year; providing we get champions league and improve overall as a team.

TheReligion

Abusive
Weve got a few options if we can afford him.

Spunk 100mill on him then play mctom and Fred as first choice.
Spunk 100mill on him and turn him into the next mctom
Spunk 100 mill on him and play him in some position he has never played in before.
You don’t rate Ten Hag then? Strange

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don’t see why he would be opposed to the move if we make progress this year; providing we get champions league and improve overall as a team.
The only reason I see would be that he simply doesn't want to leave. It at least appears that he much more identifies with his current club than most of their young players do. But obviously that can change or simply be a wrong interpretation.