Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That his brother is rated even higher than Jude in football circles.
Oh yes, I don’t disagree with that. I would almost be more surprised if he wasn’t, as it is always the way, usually until it becomes clear that the younger brother is nowhere near.

Skills

Snitch
I don't know how the feck he's valued at £130m. That is crazy money to me that should be reserved for football tactical cheat codes - freak shows who flip on a game on its head with their goal scoring/creativity/ball magnetism.

Bellingham looks like he'll be a very good all round midfielder. He's not that kinda player though. With him in your midfield you still need a great defensive midfielder and primary creator in your midfield. Great supporting act to those players though.

TheReligion

Abusive
I do for Bellingham, they've shown with Nunez, Alisson and van Dijk, they'll spend on a player if they feel they'll significantly improve them.
Nah. This is a totally different kettle of fish competing with literally every other club in Europe in a bidding war. They also have a very tight wage structure (see Mane/Salah) and Bellingham will be seeking big money.

432JuanMata

We won't be spending big again next summer and our wages are already way too high, dont think we will be in for Bellingham

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ge-bill-premier-league-record-summer-spending
While we will free up some wages on Ronaldo and a few more this is correct. We overspend this summer after the panic of the first 2 matches which will effect next summer.
Hopefully our signings continue the way they have so we only need 2 players or so

criticalanalysis

Oh yes, I don’t disagree with that. I would almost be more surprised if he wasn’t, as it is always the way, usually until it becomes clear that the younger brother is nowhere near.
There should be a pretty good list of 'I'm told the younger/older brother' is better. Off the top of my head, Hazard, Fabio..

Gazza

There should be a pretty good list of 'I'm told the younger/older brother' is better. Off the top of my head, Hazard, Fabio..
Was Rafael Alcantara supposed to be more promising than Thiago? I might be misremembering though.
Phil Neville was considered the more talented of the two brothers when they were breaking through but he never really matched Gary as a full back.

EngimaMK

We need to decide our ceiling for him, put the money on the table and walk away. Take it or leave it.

Don't overpay, don't get into a bidding war and don't play Dortmund at their own shitty game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Indeed. I even remember similar talk about Anton Ferdinand for a while too. It’s almost always the case, and almost never true. Only Serena Williams off the top of my head.

Marwood

I wouldn't bother. He had his chance to come here and turned it down. There are other midfielders.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
We won't be spending big again next summer and our wages are already way too high, dont think we will be in for Bellingham

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ge-bill-premier-league-record-summer-spending
He can take Phil Jones and DvB wages.

At the end of the day money won't be the issue, it will be whether he chooses us when he'll have 4/5 similar offers on the table. There won't be a bidding war as such but definitely 110m offers from the likes of City, Liverpool, Bayern, Real, Chelsea and us. If EtH decides he perfectly fits the system he wants to operate then the club will pull out all the stops to try and sign him, much like when we tried to sign Frenkie.

Posh Red

Was Rafael Alcantara supposed to be more promising than Thiago? I might be misremembering though.
Phil Neville was considered the more talented of the two brothers when they were breaking through but he never really matched Gary as a full back.
I think you mean Rafinha Alcantara?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Has happened a few times when it comes to professional players that are brothers. The younger one always seems to be rated as the most talented but doesn’t end up going as far. The first one that springs to mind is Hazard.
Ok I get that but I've heard from several people that this kid is a huge talent - he was on the bench at Birmingham at 15 and made his debut aged 16. If you ask people around the club about Jobey most of them will say he is at least as good, if not better than Jude. Now whether that will translate into him progressing into a top player is anybody's guess, but they are around the same level of talent at 16.

Last edited:

Posh Red

Ok I get that but I've heard from several people that this kid is a huge talent - he was on the bench at Birmingham at 15 and made his debut aged 16. If you ask people around the club about Jobey most of them will say he is at least as good, if not better than Jude. Now whether that will translate into him progressing into a top player is anybody's guess, but they are around the same level of talent at 16.
We will see. I don’t doubt he’s more talented, but talent is only one factor and to become a better player than Jude he will need all of the other things too. The chances of that being the case are extremely slim.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Has happened a few times when it comes to professional players that are brothers. The younger one always seems to be rated as the most talented but doesn’t end up going as far. The first one that springs to mind is Hazard.
Sami and Rani Khedira come to mind.

Hammondo

He's 19 years old. If you are saying a 19 year old has some consistency issues from time to time then that's hardly specific to his case.

The point is that United have good options in that area now, he's a box to box midfielder that can play also as a DM, a CM in general. The kids literally going to be one of the top midfielders in Europe.

Per 90 last year in the CL he actually did better than FDJ in the majority of passing metrics and also dribbling with the ball. Better in defensively metrics too (that's on the CL) in the league he wasn't at the same level for the entire season.

Would I take FDJ if Jude went to another team? Sure. Would I take FDJ over Bellingham if both were willing to join and I had to choose? No way.

United mess up this kind of signing routinely, Moyes cancelled Thiago joining from Barca in 2013, Van Gaal cancelled Toni Kroos joining from Bayern. Both very young at the top with a very high ceiling, now United have an option to pursue someone that's just a top player and will be for any team he goes to.

It's a no brainer to me, the issue is beating other teams to his signature.

Only United and Chelsea were in for FDJ last summer, the next summer there'll be 5 or 6 clubs after Bellingham and that's telling. Teams won't throw £100m into a player on a whim.
Took me a while to realise I replied to the wrong post, I was meaning to reply to one about Declan rice. My bad.

I am holding any opinions about Bellingham until he's older.

Bwuk

Realistically who’s spot does he take?

Bruno will be captain next year. He’s not a CDM. He’d be competing with Eriksen.

It’s a lot of £££ when we need to spend elsewhere too.

SAF is the GOAT

Bruno will be captain next year. He’s not a CDM. He’d be competing with Eriksen.

Eriksene's I think

mu4c_20le

Same question can he asked of FDJ I guess. Also Erikson won't last forever, as class as he is now.

RedFish

This guy plays in a way very few people can replicate. Honestly, he reminds me of a young Zidane. I hope with all my heart he ends up at United

Rolaholic

This guy plays in a way very few people can replicate. Honestly, he reminds me of a young Zidane. I hope with all my heart he ends up at United
Funny you say that, Zidane is apparently a big fan :lol:

They watched the CL final together

90 + 5min

No thanks. Once more a player that people love to overvalue. I think it is enough with those kind of mistakes in transfer market.