Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

kaku06

How did he do yesterday?

Find him a bit overrated for being an English player playing abroad.
You are not alone. I fail to see what exceptional qualities or talent he has in his game to demand a kings ransom. People tell me he is outstanding and I say to myself surely that many people can’t be in the wrong here so look at him everytime to see what’s outstanding and I come out scratching my head everytime asking what am I missing.

There must be some amazing bits to his game, parts where he excels at that can’t go unnoticed, things that you watch and say to yourself, wow even if it’s not honed properly yet but it’s still there for all to see. I see it with Pedri but not with Bellingham. Sorry, I don’t.

kaku06

He’s 19
I know he is unpolished and far from being a finished product but I don’t see anything particularly outstanding in his game. None. I see it with Pedri who is also 19 but not with him. I can tell you why Pedri is so highly rated. What qualities he has that sets him apart from other players in the same age group and what is he exceptional at but I just can’t tell you about Bellingham what is he so good at.

Drizzle

I know he is unpolished and far from being a finished product but I don’t see anything particularly outstanding in his game. None. I see it with Pedri who is also 19 but not with him. I can tell you why Pedri is so highly rated. What qualities he has that sets him apart from other players in the same age group and what is he exceptional at but I just can’t tell you about Bellingham what is he so good at.
I get all that. He's not got eye-catching technique or flair and he's doing a lot of jobs on the pitch rather than just one or two in a defined system.

I do think he's excellent though, and has the potential to be world class. He's so dynamic - energy, movement, and constantly in the game. For a 19yo central midfielder that's quite rare. His influence is all over the pitch both defensively and in attack. A genuine all-rounder, which is rare and valuable. And technically he's very sound. Maybe not silky like Pedri, but neat, tidy and direct. And he plays with his head up.

mikeyt

I don't think you can judge Bellingham from playing in Southgate's team. A better assessment is his form at club level which is outstanding. Southgate would make any world class player look like a championship player.

backpass

I find him often very annoying in games were Dortmund is not doing so good. I question his attitude.

There are players who start fighting and players who start whining. Unfortunately whining is much more common and not a sign of world class for me.

wangyu

Is it possible Pedri is maybe a tad overhyped these days?
No I don’t think so. Unbelievably great work by the barca scouts.They deserve credit for continuously finding the best talents in the world and the same goes for Real (vinicius anyone?)

I might be underrating Bellingham though, that is entirely possible. But my excuse is that most if not all English players are incredibly overrated. It is understandable though, you hype up players that show promise because there is not an awful lot to choose from in a league where most teams first 11 consist of 7 to 8 foreign players.
It is a half miracle England manages to bring out a decent team but that is what they are just decent. Currently even quite poor in fact.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
I haven't seen anything worthy of the hype he gets. He is young with a cool head on his shoulders, hasn't let the hype get to his head..okay what else? I don't know chief.
Can see him in a Liverpool midfield replacing Hendo alongsid Fab and Alcantara. A midfield with a DM and a tempo controller then he can just do whatever it is he does.
Price...let's shake on £51 mil.

EngimaMK

I don't think you can judge Bellingham from playing in Southgate's team. A better assessment is his form at club level which is outstanding. Southgate would make any world class player look like a championship player.
I don't think you can judge anyone from the preformances they put in for a Bundesliga team as evidenced by many recent transfers.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We would be smart by avoiding this signing, he rejected us before we can't possibly go back unless the Manager thinks he's our future. If so yes, but for me I'll say let those who can afford him afford him.

Judas

Open to offers
We would be smart by avoiding this signing, he rejected us before we can't possibly go back unless the Manager thinks he's our future. If so yes, but for me I'll say let those who can afford him afford him.
People who use this as a reason to not sign him, when he was a literal child and made the right decision of going to Dortmund over us at the time, are quite frankly, silly sausages.

Hammondo

I'd argue Gerrard had everything though, he wasn't a Pirlo, Xavi or Scholes of course.

Gerrard tried to win games by himself sometimes, Scholes, Xavi, Pirlo made the teams they played in dominant different ways of play but I wouldn't say Gerrard wasn't complete at all
Gerrard was not good in tight areas, he didn't dictate the game on the ball, he didn't weight his passes well...

phelans shorts

Rather Caicedo than this hype job.

Never seen him have a good game.
Oh, the irony.
I find him often very annoying in games were Dortmund is not doing so good. I question his attitude.

There are players who start fighting and players who start whining. Unfortunately whining is much more common and not a sign of world class for me.
The biggest red flag I’ve seen from Jude was that interview where he accused the ref of being corrupt. Weird how quickly that was brushed over.

OT_United

Gavi and Pedri? The two new lads at Real? I don't see him ever reaching their quality, let alone bettering them.

Agree with your other point though.
You're right about Camavinga, him or JB. Haven't watched Tchouameni enough to say.
Bellingham will be more affective in the PL, will turn into a Gerrard/Lampard player. Whereas Gavi/Pedri suited more to La Liga & Barca's tika taka.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Oh, the irony.

The biggest red flag I’ve seen from Jude was that interview where he accused the ref of being corrupt. Weird how quickly that was brushed over.
It wasn't brushed over quickly but discussed a lot, and to be fair the ref he talked about was actually involved in a match fixing scandal, so it's not like Bellingham just threw wild accusations around.

phelans shorts

It wasn't brushed over quickly but discussed a lot, and to be fair the ref he talked about was actually involved in a match fixing scandal, so it's not like Bellingham just threw wild accusations around.
Maybe fallout just didn’t get covered over here, fair.

I know that about the ref too, but throwing that accusation around isn’t really acceptable regardless in my opinion. If you’ve got a complaint you raise it with the refereeing powers not in some random interview where you can destroy someone’s career because you didn’t like a decision (which if memory serves wasn’t even an egregious decision)

Primex

You are not alone. I fail to see what exceptional qualities or talent he has in his game to demand a kings ransom. People tell me he is outstanding and I say to myself surely that many people can’t be in the wrong here so look at him everytime to see what’s outstanding and I come out scratching my head everytime asking what am I missing.

There must be some amazing bits to his game, parts where he excels at that can’t go unnoticed, things that you watch and say to yourself, wow even if it’s not honed properly yet but it’s still there for all to see. I see it with Pedri but not with Bellingham. Sorry, I don’t.
Exactly he's basically just a younger Valverde,their mentality and physicality to me is their biggest asset.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
he's a big talent but shouldn't be starting for England, didn't see Friday's game but gives the ball away in too many dangerous areas whenever I see him in the CL

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Watching yet another match with Bellingham doing next to nothing. Just don't see what others do I guess.

PoTMS

He looks like Sancho did when he played game after game underservedly for England. He's definitely a talent but the Bundesliga makes him look a lot better than he is.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is not a 100m player if that's what you are asking. But he has lots of things to work with at just 19
He is ok, don't get me wrong I'm not saying he is bad or anything. If anyone thinks he is anything close to a 100 million player they need their heads examined

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He is not a 100m player if that's what you are asking. But he has lots of things to work with at just 19
It's still easy to forget how young he actually is given he's been playing regularly for Dortmund since 2019.

Not been great for England so far but last 20 minutes is what he can do.

Bobski

Think he has been really quite good, mobile, strong, technically good, can pick a pass and most importantly for me he appears to have matured somewhat from the whiny attitude he had the last time I saw him play for England. Seen very little of that from him in these 2 games, seems much more mature.

Skills

Snitch
Think he has been really quite good, mobile, strong, technically good, can pick a pass and most importantly for me he appears to have matured somewhat from the whiny attitude he had the last time I saw him play for England. Seen very little of that from him in these 2 games, seems much more mature.
Yeah he's very well rounded especially at his age. But I can't remember those kind of rounded but unspectacular players ever really mounting to being one of the best players in the world? They're just generally good complimentary pieces.

Normally the ones who amount to real greatness are the creative or technical geniuses, or the physical freaks.

aganley

Yeah he's very well rounded especially at his age. But I can't remember those kind of rounded but unspectacular players ever really mounting to being one of the best players in the world? They're just generally good complimentary pieces.

Normally the ones who amount to real greatness are the creative or technical geniuses, or the physical freaks.
Anyone who watched today's game and still question bellingham needs to start watching another sport. He will be worth every penny of the 150 million.

Idxomer

I know it doesn't take much but he's already England's best midfielder.

Bobski

19yo kid playing against Kimmich and Gundogan and probably being better than both of them. If people are expecting some sort of Matthaus/Zidane/Gerrard hybrid then that player doesn't exist, but he looked comfortable playing in midfield 2, did his fair share defensively while being secure and positive on the ball.

I was more impressed with him tonight than any other match I have seen from him(which is admittedly not many) looked like a guy who will be a top class CM for a long time. Maybe not the exciting flashy player, but one with substance.

Hammondo

19yo kid playing against Kimmich and Gundogan and probably being better than both of them. If people are expecting some sort of Matthaus/Zidane/Gerrard hybrid then that player doesn't exist, but he looked comfortable playing in midfield 2, did his fair share defensively while being secure and positive on the ball.

I was more impressed with him tonight than any other match I have seen from him(which is admittedly not many) looked like a guy who will be a top class CM for a long time. Maybe not the exciting flashy player, but one with substance.
I would not say he played better than those 2 at all, he did play well though.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m interested to see what kind of player get develops in to.

Hopefully doesn’t fall foul to being so well rounded he gets misused and becomes a Jack of all trades

The Purley King

2nd half performance tonight was outstanding.
50/50 for me whether he develops further and becomes an incredible midfielder or whether he remains at his current level (which is easily good enough to be an England international).