Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Jude Bellingham, does anyone else get immediate flashes to that old Footballers Wives TV show with a name like that?

Yes, I admit I watched that show, blame my GF of the time.
Bizarrely I was talking about that at work today - that and dream team. Peak football related programming.

edgar allan

And the few new faces bit is the problem. Ed wants to keep wages to a minimum this year for whatever reason. We should have let De Gea's contract run down at this point though if that's the plan, lad's earning £20m a year FFS.
Deserves it more than pogba or martial though

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Jude Bellingham, does anyone else get immediate flashes to that old Footballers Wives TV show with a name like that?

Yes, I admit I watched that show, blame my GF of the time.
Had some interesting scenes;)

Suv666

Bargain hunting in the lower leagues again, we've become so much like Liverpool its astonishing.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bargain hunting in the lower leagues again, we've become so much like Liverpool its astonishing.
Liverpool got the likes Robertson. Leicester got Maddison. Just because they play lower down doesn’t equate to low quality

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yes, because signing a 16 year old for £30m is of course, best described as a ‘bargain’.

DBT85

Quite frankly all the PL clubs need to do more work getting players from lower leagues/teams across the continent, because its the only way they can stop haemorrhaging money.

Everyone knows PL clubs have money and PL clubs will bend over any other PL club for any player, as will other big european clubs.

Varun1

I guess this is not happening? Any more from that reporter who knows a thing or 2 about the championship?

thomas porter

Its probably tough to convince one of the best young English players to join our club in its current state where the fans are chanting for the death of the clubs CEO. How I wish Woodward would just resign and we brought in Edwin Van Der Sar.

Jericholyte2

Its probably tough to convince one of the best young English players to join our club in its current state where the fans are chanting for the death of the clubs CEO. How I wish Woodward would just resign and we brought in Edwin Van Der Sar.
Or one that’s been known, even this season, to give starts and prominent squad position to youth with talent like Williams, Greenwood and the continual rise of McT.

Mainoldo

I don’t think Woodward is the issue. The fact he’s going to play games but be coached like he’s playing for Solihull Moors might be the issue.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I don’t think Woodward is the issue. The fact he’s going to play games but be coached like he’s playing for Solihull Moors might be the issue.
You don't see any improvement in the young players this year? (Lingard not included)
Or Haaland, who has been coached by Ole?

He's done alright with the young players.

Mainoldo

You don't see any improvement in the young players this year? (Lingard not included)

He told us Chong and Gomes were ready. Now they are ready to go.

Greenwood is a generation talent. I mean are we going to credit Emre for Martinelli? I don’t think so.

But no he hasn’t showed me anything to say he’s improved players.

Judas

Open to offers
Be seriously gutted if we miss out on him. It's clear we're still a great place for young talent, giving them a better platform than many other top clubs.

Red Stone

Jesse "The World's Youngest 27-year-old" Lingard.

Ace of Spades

Still think we have a good chance to get this done. We are the highest bidders apparently, and if we loan him back then that could get this over the line.

Brophs

The One and Only
Why are we trying to buy the butler from Fresh Prince?

Drz

A promising young midfielder and a club that currently has one decent midfielder operating due to circumstance. I can't imagine an easier way to get into a premier league starting 11.
He just has to replicate his current form in one of our training sessions in a game where he leaves Matic reeling and he is in.
Oh how my younger self wished being in his position... and Utd comes knocking....

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He obviously isn't bothered/worried about us as a club, he's probably more worried with his family if he should move clubs so early in his career when he's currently a first team regular in the Championship. Not to mention their whole family would have to move if he came. I think he'll probably leave the decision to the summer, but we're putting the ground work in, its good to see.

LittleP14

hey, what’s wrong with Solihull Moors! I have a season ticket there and I prefer to watch that football over ours at the moment!

I do hope we end up getting Jude though..... seems to be a real talent!

Mainoldo

hey, what’s wrong with Solihull Moors! I have a season ticket there and I prefer to watch that football over ours at the moment!

I do hope we end up getting Jude though..... seems to be a real talent!
:lol: To be honest one of the lads use to play for them and said there one of the worst footballing sides his played for. So just went with it. Good pitch though.. would love to play on there myself if I still had the legs.

Would be nice to get Jude.. the Blues fans have said he can pretty much play anywhere.

L1nk

He would be stupid to sign for the club in its current state at that age, it's in far to much turmoil, absolutely no stability season to season right now, he'd probably be better off staying where he is for the moment.

Raven

He would be stupid to sign for the club in its current state at that age, it's in far to much turmoil, absolutely no stability season to season right now, he'd probably be better off staying where he is for the moment.
Extremely negative take on things.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He plays for Birmingham who are receiving point deductions for their financial situation ffs. We are hardly in that sort of situation.

cyberman

He can go to City, Liverpool or no ban Chelsea and kill his development then so.
The one thing we do is play the youngsters ffs

L1nk

Wow, we play youngsters? Who would have guessed. Damn, it's like it's all Manchester United is known for these days, it's certainly not for winning anything or being a well run club, you're deluding yourselves if you're thinking players of Bellingham's age won't be looking at our club and second guessing with the state we are in, owners with zero ambition.

And it's not negative, it's realistic, I don't bury my head in the sand and think we are still the fabled Manchester United that everyone wants to join, the biggest football club in the world, we haven't been this for years and it's only going to get worse if this carries on.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Wow, we play youngsters? Who would have guessed. Damn, it's like it's all Manchester United is known for these days, it's certainly not for winning anything or being a well run club, you're deluding yourselves if you're thinking players of Bellingham's age won't be looking at our club and second guessing with the state we are in, owners with zero ambition.

And it's not negative, it's realistic, I don't bury my head in the sand and think we are still the fabled Manchester United that everyone wants to join, the biggest football club in the world, we haven't been this for years and it's only going to get worse if this carries on.
So your solution is not to sign the best young players available. But you're not negative. Right.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Is it so difficult for people to get that putting 16 year old kid with pressure of 30m price tag and place him in probably the most scrutinized team in the world who are struggling at the moment, is not exactly desirable for the parents?

Reactions: Fortitude
Status
Not open for further replies.