Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Is it so difficult for people to get that putting 16 year old kid with pressure of 30m price tag and place him in probably the most scrutinized team in the world who are struggling at the moment, is not exactly desirable for the parents?
Arguably it seems that he'd stay at Birmingham for 18 months so that takes some of the sting out. We'd have had a couple of managers by the time he actually rolls up :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So your solution is not to sign the best young players available. But you're not negative. Right.
We always produced and bought kids but we did so in a mixed transfer strategy system were kids would mix up with experienced WC players. Many mention the class of 92. What many forget though is that most were brought in at a latter stage to Greenwood (let alone Bellingham), that they were brought in gradually and there were played side by side to legends like Schmeichel, Bruce, Irwin, Keane and Cantona. This team lack these players.

Classical Mechanic

Is it so difficult for people to get that putting 16 year old kid with pressure of 30m price tag and place him in probably the most scrutinized team in the world who are struggling at the moment, is not exactly desirable for the parents?
Agree, its perfectly understandable as to why they'd be sceptical and his family have long been said to be sceptical that big clubs were the best place for him to develop full stop, hence why he's still at Birmingham. He'd be better off waiting until the end of the season to make a decision in my opinion.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Agree, its perfectly understandable as to why they'd be sceptical and his family have long been said to be sceptical that big clubs were the best place for him to develop full stop, hence why he's still at Birmingham. He'd be better off waiting until the end of the season to make a decision in my opinion.
At the same time we’ve no idea what the plan is in place if The clubs were to agree. I think coaches like McKenna would have a better understanding of the best development of a 16 year old currently playing in a physical league than a few posters on the Caf

Classical Mechanic

At the same time we’ve no idea what the plan is in place if The clubs were to agree. I think coaches like McKenna would have a better understanding of the best development of a 16 year old currently playing in a physical league than a few posters on the Caf
I think they'd be more concerned about the price tag, the exposure/pressure and the toxic situation at United. It's understandable. If he was going to slip into the academy unnoticed it would be a different matter. I think Birmingham have managed his minutes well, he's subbed in pretty much every game and rested periodically. Minutes wise he's played 17 of their 28 games. I doubt he'll be going to the U17 Euros this summer either.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
We always produced and bought kids but we did so in a mixed transfer strategy system were kids would mix up with experienced WC players. Many mention the class of 92. What many forget though is that most were brought in at a latter stage to Greenwood (let alone Bellingham), that they were brought in gradually and there were played side by side to legends like Schmeichel, Bruce, Irwin, Keane and Cantona. This team lack these players.
We do lack such players, but using that as a reason to let someone else sign the best 16 year olds doesn't make sense.

L1nk

So your solution is not to sign the best young players available. But you're not negative. Right.
I didn't say that? We absolutely should be trying to sign the best young players available, my point was obviously don't be surprised if they second guess joining us or don't want to, if the club continues on it's current trajectory we will become irrelevant to the younger players coming through as an actual good prospect to join.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We do lack such players, but using that as a reason to let someone else sign the best 16 year olds doesn't make sense.
What evidence is there that is happening? All conjecture as usual

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I didn't say that? We absolutely should be trying to sign the best young players available, my point was obviously don't be surprised if they second guess joining us or don't want to, if the club continues on it's current trajectory we will become irrelevant to the younger players coming through as an actual good prospect to join.
I misunderstood your post sorry, my fault. Yes, it used to be only Real that were clearly more glamorous than us, now we're probably not the first even in England alone, to a 16 year old. But we still do have millions of fans of fans around the world and we do play youngsters, whilst not everyone does.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We wouldn’t at all. Subtracting all the drama, media coverage and over-analysis from every gob-on-a-stick who claims to be clued-up on football - what we are is basically a top 6 club in the PL. That, we have been consistently in these ‘dark times’. Why would a club in the top 6, that actually gives young players an opportunity, in addition to a good salary and exposure, be ‘irrelevant’ for young players to develop?

It is only the burden of our not too distant history, and the relentless media criticism that creates the idea that we are a shambles if we are not first, but with the constant reference of the ‘top 6’ being a different level to the rest, and we are very much part of that group. I’m sure you would not say any other big/top 6 club is the wrong place to go. Any of the top 6 can become a part of the top 2 in any given season, but we’re not some terrible club even if we finish between 4th and 6th for a few years, just as Spurs or Chelsea would not be.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks a talent but nowhere near ready for first team football in the Premiership. Would be a great signing for Utd but for the future not now. He will need a year or two's more development at least before he would be ready to start for you.

Steven-UK

Looks a talent but nowhere near ready for first team football in the Premiership. Would be a great signing for Utd but for the future not now. He will need a year or two's more development at least before he would be ready to start for you.
And in a year or two, United might be in the same league as Birmingham...... a tad unlikely, of course, but on a serious note, If I were him I'd stay exactly where I am.

vanderpants

I'd take him in a heart beat, the YouTube videos of him growing up are unbelievable, I think if we signed him in the summer he would be loaned back for a season then join up with us. I can't believe no other team haven't come in and snapped him up

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd take him in a heart beat, the YouTube videos of him growing up are unbelievable, I think if we signed him in the summer he would be loaned back for a season then join up with us. I can't believe no other team haven't come in and snapped him up
25/30m for a 16 year old player from the Championship isn't going to interest many clubs

pascell

Castles put something on his podcast about the Bellingham situation yesterday I think it was but can't find the link, does anyone know what was said? It was the same podcast about breaking the news about us agreeing a price with Sporting for Fernandes.

Red00012

Signing him would ease tensions from now until end of season between match goers and board.

Here not so much

Gabe

Castles put something on his podcast about the Bellingham situation yesterday I think it was but can't find the link, does anyone know what was said? It was the same podcast about breaking the news about us agreeing a price with Sporting for Fernandes.
Yes, Castles said that a number of clubs were interested, but that United had made the largest offer (25-30m) with the plan to leave him there to develop for another 18 months, a deal which Birmingham had accepted. However, the player and his dad are as yet unconvinced about joining Man Utd and Utd representatives were still working on persuading them.

Castles Podcast

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yes, Castles said that a number of clubs were interested, but that United had made the largest offer (25-30m) with the plan to leave him there to develop for another 18 months, a deal which Birmingham had accepted. However, the player and his dad are as yet unconvinced about joining Man Utd and Utd representatives were still working on persuading them.

Castles Podcast
fergie would have rocked up there and got it done straight away.

NK86

Castles Podcast
A 16 year old feels "unsure" about joining United? What's causing them concerns?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
A 16 year old feels "unsure" about joining United? What's causing them concerns?
Not sure if serious.

A 16-year old that we're prepared to pay that kind of money to capture obviously has the footballing world at his feet as there will be a host of elite clubs vying for his signature and putting their proposals down. Amongst those proposals will be a mapping out of his future and using current status and facillities as a bargaining chip - imagine a City or Liverpool having the upper hand here over everyone else in the country.

We can outline our vision, but with our first team, our trials and tribulations since SAF retired and our uncertainty going into the future, there are going to be question marks and very probably doubts we can fulfil on our end.

What we have in our favour at the moment is the amount of players from the academy and young players in general we give 1st team chances to probably as well as how much we're willing to pay (wages) straight out of the gate, but there's no saying that's enough to sway him/his family over joining a club with players he idolises or feels he can learn from or a team that is a genuine title and top trophy contender.

Eleven-Eighteen

Full Name: Jude Bellingham
Date of birth: Jun 29, 2003 (16)
Place of birth: Stourbridge, England

Height: 1,80 m
Position: Midfielder - Central Midfield
Foot: Right
Current club: Birmingham City

Contract expires: 30.06.2021​

Is this pit stained picture the best one you could find :lol:

NK86

Not sure if serious.

A 16-year old that we're prepared to pay that kind of money to capture obviously has the footballing world at his feet as there will be a host of elite clubs vying for his signature and putting their proposals down. Amongst those proposals will be a mapping out of his future and using current status and facillities as a bargaining chip - imagine a City or Liverpool having the upper hand here over everyone else in the country.

We can outline our vision, but with our first team, our trials and tribulations since SAF retired and our uncertainty going into the future, there are going to be question marks and very probably doubts we can fulfil on our end.

What we have in our favour at the moment is the amount of players from the academy and young players in general we give 1st team chances to probably as well as how much we're willing to pay (wages) straight out of the gate, but there's no saying that's enough to sway him/his family over joining a club with players he idolises or feels he can learn from or a team that is a genuine title and top trophy contender.
What you are forgetting is that we are still Manchester United. When Madrid were struggling, even they were able to attract superstars and this is just a kid who doesn't even have a senior contract so far. I will be amazed if you genuinely think that United is not a massive pull especially to these young talents. We are the biggest club in the country. You don't get such opportunities many times.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Did we sign him? Send Judes or it didn't happen.

pascell

Castles Podcast
Thanks mate, was going to listen to it but struggled to find time.

Hopefully we can convince him as that's a great deal for both parties.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What you are forgetting is that we are still Manchester United. When Madrid were struggling, even they were able to attract superstars and this is just a kid who doesn't even have a senior contract so far. I will be amazed if you genuinely think that United is not a massive pull especially to these young talents. We are the biggest club in the country. You don't get such opportunities many times.
You're about 3 years late with this kind of rhetoric, and evidently us being 'Manchester United' has not had this kid clamouring eagerly to sign, despite our wooing and the large transfer fee, and no doubt wage, on the table.

The Manchester United you speak of is the one constantly challenging for the title; perennially in the Champions League; constantly signing the big names and playing dynamic football that leaves an impression on kids across the country and perpetually assures a renewal of fanbase and player admiration. Not the club in disarray and unsure of itself from one season to the next. You'd be a negligent parent/handler if you're not taking stock of the whole picture, both positive and negative, when handling your son's/client's future. If we're tabling £30m bids, then there's no question all the other top clubs, in England at least, are putting offers to him, too, which then ties in with my first post to you.

Prodigious talents don't need any one club - they have their pick and will choose in accordance with what they feel best benefits them, whether that's career path to 1st team football; financial security or something in the middle.

I don't know if he is coming here or not, but if he does, then it is a boon for us in the sense it sends a message to other talents of this sort that we're trying to build something that benefits them enough to opt in rather than go elsewhere. If he doesn't come here and goes to a 'now club' who look settled in the short and mid term it won't be as shocking as you're making out, however.

Cliche Guevara

Not sure if serious.

Where will City or Liverpool be in two years please?

Specifics if you don’t mind...

NK86

You're about 3 years late with this kind of rhetoric, and evidently us being 'Manchester United' has not had this kid clamouring eagerly to sign, despite our wooing and the large transfer fee, and no doubt wage, on the table.

The Manchester United you speak of is the one constantly challenging for the title; perennially in the Champions League; constantly signing the big names and playing dynamic football that leaves an impression on kids across the country and perpetually assures a renewal of fanbase and player admiration. Not the club in disarray and unsure of itself from one season to the next. You'd be a negligent parent/handler if you're not taking stock of the whole picture, both positive and negative, when handling your son's/client's future. If we're tabling £30m bids, then there's no question all the other top clubs, in England at least, are putting offers to him, too, which then ties in with my first post to you.

Prodigious talents don't need any one club - they have their pick and will choose in accordance with what they feel best benefits them, whether that's career path to 1st team football; financial security or something in the middle.

I don't know if he is coming here or not, but if he does, then it is a boon for us in the sense it sends a message to other talents of this sort that we're trying to build something that benefits them enough to opt in rather than go elsewhere. If he doesn't come here and goes to a 'now club' who look settled in the short and mid term it won't be as shocking as you're making out, however.
Liverpool have shown all it takes is a couple of years for a club to completely turn around their performances with the right management set up. You seem to still think that playing for United is not a massive pull, especially for a young English player. I am not sure which all clubs are vying for his signature but United will definitely be at the top of the pile when it comes to his preferences. Liverpool and City will also be very enticing opportunities but you make it out like a kid of 16 years age choosing to come to United should be seen as some "boon", which is ridiculous to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.