Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Niiice, this is a bloody exciting signing! Even if we left him in the Champ for another year and half.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What type of player is he?
Edit: never mind, read the first page. Seems like it would make sense to do a 1.5 year loan if we do sign him, and cant complain about signing wonderkids. Breaking through at that early age is no easy task.

Lynty

Seem alot of his games this season. He's a sure thing. Would already be an improvement on what Andreas offers in midfield or Lingard offers in the #10

Doubt we've really made an offer though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just do a 35 mil same type offer for kalvin Phillips then I can sleep for a while

Lynty

Why's that?
Only one person reporting it. I'll wait for more sources. Bruno deal looks close to finished, so Castles is laying the ground work for another story to keep people clicking until Jan 31st. He's got to keep busy around this time of year.

Just do a 35 mil same type offer for kalvin Phillips then I can sleep for a while
I reckon it would take more than that.

Bebestation

Only one person reporting it. I'll wait for more sources. Bruno deal looks close to finished, so Castles is laying the ground work for another story to keep people clicking until Jan 31st. He's got to keep busy around this time of year.

I agree.

Munkehboi

In my current Football Manager 2020 save, he signed for Chelsea for £41mil and is a beast of an AM at 19 years old.

Probably the next Cherno Sambo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why would they sell him now? 25m is a lot for a 16 year old, but could be worth double that in 2 years.

Bebestation

If he is so good hows it there are no other clubs after him?
Not many clubs on a British rebuild at the moment except us and Chelsea on the top level, possibly Leicester. Anybody else probably won't spend money like that on a 16 year old.

Allas8

This is the like of transfers I would like to see. Keep Andreas as our first choice AM for the rest of the season, while we blood in the likes of Bellingham and Mejbri to take over long term. The fact that Bellingham already is a starter in the Championship should show that we are not signing him to be a part of our youth setup, and I dont like sending players out on loan if they can be a part of our first team. Mata also has a contract next season, so its not like we entirely rely on youth for cover in the AM position. Our focus should instead be on signing a CM/DM that can provide cover for Matic when he leaves, that would also leave Fred (Pogba) free to take on the AM role if need be.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why would they sell him now? 25m is a lot for a 16 year old, but could be worth double that in 2 years.
Because they're in the shit with the EFL after being docked 9 pts last year for the same thing. They have to balance the books or face a even more severe punishment this season which could relegate them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If he is so good hows it there are no other clubs after him?
All the top clubs are after him domestically and Ajax, Bayern and Dortmund have also enquired about him. His family have shunned all offers thus far.

prateik

People talk about 10m like it doesnt matter..
10 fecking million pounds.. why negotiate. pay extra.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

The Telegraph first reported our interest afew weeks ago. The Mirror then followed that up last week with their Championship correspondent Moxley, who is reliable when it comes to the lower leagues. And now we have Castles reporting a £25m offer.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Two deals at once:eek: no wonder Matt Judge was smiling like the Cheshire cat.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because they're in the shit with the EFL after being docked 9 pts last year for the same thing. They have to balance the books or face a even more severe punishment this season which could relegate them.
Ah I didn't realise they had financial issues. Could be a good time to poach then.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Just to add to my previous post. Neil Moxley who works for the Sunday People and reported our £12m offer last week, is a Journalist from Birmingham and is considered a very good source for the club.

RedDevilRoshi

Just to add to my previous post. Neil Moxley who works for the Sunday People and reported our £12m offer last week, is a Journalist from Birmingham and is considered a very good source for the club.
Wonder why it’s all of a sudden doubled to £25M according to Castles?

pascell

Wonder why it’s all of a sudden doubled to £25M according to Castles?
The £12m offer might have been an offer to get them to enter negotiations and get a feel for what they value him at.

Look at the first page and when his contract runs out..

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
25M feels a bit too much for a 16 year old. Hope he is worth the hype ability wise but more importantly, mentally strong enough to handle the resulting expectations. All this if there is any truth in these rumours of course and it is not just baldy making up shit.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Huge amount of money for his age and experience. Must be a pretty special talent.

mu4c_20le

Being an important first teamer in the championship at 16, he's definitely special. That's even earlier than the likes of Bale and Alli.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
if you can't see the point then I can't help you
It was reported that Nicky Butt's budget for the academy had been increased considerably by the club to acquire the best young talent in the world. We signed Mejbri and Emeran but missed out on Rayan Cherki for a huge fee if reports are to be believed. The money for this deal will likely come from the academy budget and won't affect our budget for the first team.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
if you can't see the point then I can't help you
I was trying to commit you into expanding on it so that you may see the flaw of it tbh. I understand your point. One player is 16, so he should be going for a nominal fee, while a more established player should cost more, or we at least should be happy to spend more on the more senior player. It makes sense up until the point where it places no relevance on the respective abilities or potential of each player. Many teams would pay more money for a 16 year old Messi or Mbappe than a finished article Jesse Lingard. Bellingham is, by all accounts, a unique talent and possibly the best in the world of his age. Fernandes is a 25 year old journeyman doing very well in the Portuguese league at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.