Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajender

It's all if's and buts until the player signs on the dotted line. Whether it's poor journalism is not the point because until he signs the speculation will continue. Take it with a pinch of salt..
Absolutely agree my friend it's just that it's as if these so called football journalists aren't even trying anymore they just make shit up which is so off reality that's it's absurd .

Barnslig

Absolutely agree my friend it's just that it's as if these so called football journalists aren't even trying anymore they just make shit up which is so off reality that's it's absurd .
I'm not trying to defend these so-called journalists at all, but if Bellingham's father (or someone in his entourage) gives a journalist a "tip" on what's going to happen, that would be a pretty reliable source, no? If the situation changes a week later, who's the liar? The father or the journalist? It was "factual" and from a reliable source, at the time. Just trying to say it's not always black and white, even though I agree it feels like they make up a metric feckton of rumours just to sell newspapers/receive clicks very often.

lysglimt

Scout
What he is saying is load of Bs it's nothing more than that United hold no leverage here if Bellingham has his heart set on Dortmund and if not and he is equally interested in joining United then United would simply prefer to sign him . Sancho's pursuit would not be any factor in it at all.
It could be. If Dortmund wants to pay £18 million - and Birmingham would hold out for £30 million. We can tell Dortmund - that unless you sell us Sancho, we will sign him for £30 million. If you let us have Sancho, we will pull out of the Bellingham-race and you can get him cheaper

I am not saying it sounds realistic but it could happen

gajender

I'm not trying to defend these so-called journalists at all, but if Bellingham's father (or someone in his entourage) gives a journalist a "tip" on what's going to happen, that would be a pretty reliable source, no? If the situation changes a week later, who's the liar? The father or the journalist? It was "factual" and from a reliable source, at the time. Just trying to say it's not always black and white, even though I agree it feels like they make up a metric feckton of rumours just to sell newspapers/receive clicks very often.
It could be. If Dortmund wants to pay £18 million - and Birmingham would hold out for £30 million. We can tell Dortmund - that unless you sell us Sancho, we will sign him for £30 million. If you let us have Sancho, we will pull out of the Bellingham-race and you can get him cheaper

I am not saying it sounds realistic but it could happen

Well some transfer rumours does have validity and certainly situations aren't black and white either they are quite fluid infact and vested interests is always there but my objection wasn't that my point was regarding dropping interst in Bellingham to get a lower price for Sancho because I believe United can't be bringing Sir Alex for meeting Bellingham and then suddenly discard his pursuit because we want to keep Dortmund in good humour that's simply a notion too absurd for me to fathom.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The part about us using Bellingham for Sancho doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Has anybody actually watched Bellingham much? How good is he and what type of player?

I saw highlights on YouTube a while back and he looked good for his age but I wasn't seeing the comparison to Pogba. He was just more doing the basics well for a youngster.

I'm not too bothered if we miss out just yet because I've seen Mejbri and I think we have something genuinely special there. He should get some time off the bench next season.

Suedesi

Sanchos behaviour in the last month raises some questions. I think he really needs some leaders and mates around him which secure that he is on the right path (on and off the pitch) and keeps on learning. I think Reus and Witsel played that part really well and all the treatment Sancho gets at his time at Dortmund helped his development a lot. As a potential future club for Sancho i would try to stay focused on that and take care of him.

Wasn't it some United fans pointing back 50 years to proof their point? I guess Dortmund can show more than Lewandowski in the last 10 years. Kagawa, Gündogan, Sahin, Götze, Hummels, Subotic (the Kinderriegel) all were great. (Question is if you count Reus.) That was the era Lewandowski also belongs to. Its long ago, but i think its only started back then, since then a lot of decent came out of BVB's squad or BVB developed raw diamonds into great players. As a great players i would mention Weigl, he is one of the best examples of the last years. Hakimi was a great transfer. Dembele of course. Pulisic, who were the first time in our youth and iirc after 2 years he was in the first team. Zagadou comes in mind, for me he is better than Diallo or Akanji. They all are very young. But there is also a long list of decent players coming from the youth. Durm, Duksch, Burnic, Passlack, Bruun-Larson for example. No wordlbeaters but decent players playing in the BuLi or elsewhere.

Back to topic:
Iam relaxed about Bellingham. We will see. First, he has to arrive, get used to the club and everything. Then, slowly, the future will tell if he is up to the expectations the 20 millions Euros fee raises.
Kagawa - meh
Gundogan - meh
Sahin - failure at RM, LFC
Mkhitaryan - failure at United, Arsenal
Gotze - metabolic problems aside failure
Hummels - success
Subotic - meh
Weigl - hype
Pulisic - American hype
Hakimi - was never your player in the first place, and couldn't cut at Madrid so went to Inter instead.

You want to look at a club that develops young players? People like Neuer, Lehmann, Özil, Howedes, Metzelder, Matip, Draxler, Leroy Sane, Kolasinac, Thilo Kehrer, (even Gundogan) - then look no further than Schalke 04. Schalke 04 have a much superior academy and record of developing players. You know it, I know it and that's the end of that.

Bondi77

I thought we gave Dortmund a free run at Haaland so we would get Sancho or was it we would not play Gomes anymore so he would be pissed and then we would lowball him with a contract offer so It would be easier for Dortmund to get him and then make it easier to get Sancho........when will this b/s end.

izec

Fair play to him and Dortmund, win-win for both. This was done months ago though, just on hold due to Covid-19.

Beaucoup

He's taken bad advice if you ask me, just because it worked for Sancho, who is a special talent, doesn't mean it works for everyone.

Don't see anything special in Bellingham, just a mature lad for his age.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I don't care about losing out on the player, but I do care that we rolled out Sir Alex Ferguson and he still snubbed the club.

Then again we're not going to promise a teenager immediate first team regular football so there's also that. 'Whatever' about losing the player, salty as the mariana trench for snubbing Ferguson.

GledTheRed

I don't care about losing out on the player, but I do care that we rolled out Sir Alex Ferguson and he still snubbed the club.

Then again we're not going to promise a teenager immediate first team regular football so there's also that. 'Whatever' about losing the player, salty as the mariana trench for snubbing Ferguson.
Yeah this, hope we never go back for him either after that snub.

arthurka

Kagawa - meh
Gundogan - meh
Sahin - failure at RM, LFC
Mkhitaryan - failure at United, Arsenal
Gotze - metabolic problems aside failure
Hummels - success
Subotic - meh
Weigl - hype
Pulisic - American hype
Hakimi - was never your player in the first place, and couldn't cut at Madrid so went to Inter instead.

You want to look at a club that develops young players? People like Neuer, Lehmann, Özil, Howedes, Metzelder, Matip, Draxler, Leroy Sane, Kolasinac, Thilo Kehrer, (even Gundogan) - then look no further than Schalke 04. Schalke 04 have a much superior academy and record of developing players. You know it, I know it and that's the end of that.
The truth really hurts so this post is the hurt locker of posts.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
As of right now and in the past 5 to 10 years they're not as good as Manchester United and a couple other academies.

They're great at post formation just like Dortmund are, which means talents like De Jong and Eriksen get mistaken as their own academy products which inflates their reputation
For the past 10-12 years i'd argue that Schalke has had the best academy in Europe.

Neuer, Özil, Sane, Draxler, just to name a few.

But how they used that advantage is probably one of the funniest stories in football today. :lol:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Shame when the top English talents don’t prefer to stay in England but good for him I guess

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
They must have promised him minutes. You'd be better taking him in 2 years and let someone else develop him.

RE: 'Nothing special'. Please go to Youtube. Not sure if I can link it directly.

Black Rick

Shame when the top English talents don’t prefer to stay in England but good for him I guess
Shame that they develop faster through more playing time and experiencing a different style of playing, alongside becoming better rounded as men through immersing themselves in a new culture?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Shame that they develop faster through more playing time and experiencing a different style of playing, alongside becoming better rounded as men through immersing themselves in a new culture?
Who knows. Players dont develop that bad at United either

mav_9me

If they are really paying 54k I won't begrudge him taking it, and I wouldn't criticize united either. But who knows.

SinNombre

If they are really paying 54k I won't begrudge him taking it, and I wouldn't criticize united either. But who knows.
They almost certainly are.

BvB and Chelsea are the biggest wage payers for youth.

It is a legit strategy, especially for BvB who are not a destination club and players go there knowing they can force a move out later.

Also, agree with the guy who dropped the truth bomb about Schalke. Main thing BvB has on them is much better marketing about their youth credentials.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Judes been (lightly) trolling united since the Carrington visit when there was no need to really. I know he’s only a young guy but I’m not sure I’d want us to go for him again after that besides the fact we can’t buy every player Dortmund turn into a star after a few seasons for 100 million quid. We have to start tapping the source and at least we are definitely trying to get into that market now. £54,000 a week at 17 is nuts though and I doubt we were offering close to that? Even if he doesn’t hit the heights he’s set for life after his first deal. It’ll be interesting to see how it all pans out for him.

Red Stone

Wish him the best. Historically things haven't been great for Jude in Germany.

izec

Glad money partially decided this. Have no problem losing out to a player that doesn't want to be here. Dortmund is a great address, but as a United fan, i couldn't care less currently. No doubt we will get linked with him on a monthly basis once he breaks through at Dortmund.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The truth really hurts so this post is the hurt locker of posts.

What you call truths others might call an exercise in double standards and ignorance.

e.g.
Kagawa was a player no one knew from Japan who joined a German midtable side. Basically for free. He left for Manchester United. You'd have to be pretty thick not to see the development there.
With Götze we just pretend that his metabolic problems didn't exist, because reasons.
Weigl joined (for €2.5m) from a side battling relegation in the 2nd division. He left for Benfica, could have left for PSG the season before. Can't see the development there.
Pulisic joined as a kid from PA Classics, left for Chelsea. What development?
Hakimi - I don't even know what he's trying to say there, that he's shit because he only joined Inter? Great analysis.
Gündogan - being a regular for City = meh.

Now on to the contrasting examples:
Gündogan, played 1 year at Schalke when he was 8, didn't like it, left. Meh for Dortmund, success for Schalke.
Metzelder played 1 year at Schalke when he was 15, then left. Made the leap from 3rd division football to Bundesliga, as well as the Germany squad and later Real at Dortmund. A prime example for Schalke's youth work, not worth mentioning for Dortmund.
Höwedes: outside of Schalke he played 3 games for Juventus and then moved on to Russia. By the criteria established earlier a real success.
Draxler - Havertz would be a good comparison in terms of hype/promise. Left for Wolfsburg, then for PSG's bench. By the criteria used earlier a real success.
Kolasinac - well if Gündogan is meh, then it makes perfect sense to list him as a succes, right?

Not to mention the players he omitted.

The funny thing is that I doubt many people would even argue that Dortmund's academy has been very productive in terms of top talents since the Sahin/Götze days, let alone be better than what Schalke put out. And what does this have to do with Bellingham anyway? He's not an academy player, neither is he some "nobody" the club takes a chance on like Kagawa, he's a massively hyped talent that can more or less pick his next club. Suitable comparisons would probably be Dembele, Sancho and Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.