Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackers0seven

Can't believe he's signed for dortumd.. And starts today in the championship. Surely transfer can't be in process of being done if they are playing him. Injury would cost them much need money

roseguy64

Can't believe he's signed for dortumd.. And starts today in the championship. Surely transfer can't be in process of being done if they are playing him. Injury would cost them much need money
He might have agreed terms but clearly the clubs haven't yet. Plus Birmingham are in the bottom half of the table and aren't safe from relegation yet.

crackers0seven

He might have agreed terms but clearly the clubs haven't yet. Plus Birmingham are in the bottom half of the table and aren't safe from relegation yet.
I know they aren't safe yet. Just having dig at the media, always jumping the gun. Reading yesterdays Bellinghams news you would have thought he had his press conference in Germany already. Media just annoys me with headlines like 'dortumd beat utd again' as if utd were and are only other team interested.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I know they aren't safe yet. Just having dig at the media, always jumping the gun. Reading yesterdays Bellinghams news you would have thought he had his press conference in Germany already. Media just annoys me with headlines like 'dortumd beat utd again' as if utd were and are only other team interested.
Werner and Ziyech both are announced officially but still plays for Leipzig and Ajax. They will continue to play as long as season is not over and transfer window is not opened.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Werner and Ziyech both are announced officially but still plays for Leipzig and Ajax. They will continue to play as long as season is not over and transfer window is not opened.
I'm pretty sure both Werner and Ziyech have played their final games for RBL and Ajax respectively?

The Dutch league was voided.

SAFMUTD

I'm pretty sure both Werner and Ziyech have played their final games for RBL and Ajax respectively?

Werner played in the bundesliga after being anounced to Chelsea

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Werner played in the bundesliga after being anounced to Chelsea
My response was to a post that said they would continue until the season was over. RB Leipzig's season isn't over and Werner has left.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I mean after the transfer was announced.

Sad Chris

A few months ago it would‘ve bothered me to read that a young talent has chosen to go elsewhere. I don‘t mind anymore though. If a player, no matter how talented, chooses not to join United, so be it. I feel like the tides are changing again and players will need to understand that you only get one opportunity to play for United. If you still don‘t choose United, you probably aren‘t the right player anyway.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
A few months ago it would‘ve bothered me to read that a young talent has chosen to go elsewhere. I don‘t mind anymore though. If a player, no matter how talented, chooses not to join United, so be it. I feel like the tides are changing again and players will need to understand that you only get one opportunity to play for United. If you still don‘t choose United, you probably aren‘t the right player anyway.
Look at it from his point of view. He’s played 30 odd games for his boyhood club, who he’s quite happy to stay at, but understands he’s more or less being sold regardless for benefit of the club. He’s tasted first team football & wants minutes. If Utd buy him, loan him back, and have him train a few days per week with your first team. He will not go just anywhere to go backwards playing youth football. He’s got no emotional ties to Utd, he’s doing what’s best for now, and that’s getting competitive minutes on the pitch in a league which is a step up from where he is, but a step down from where you are. I think Utd is the final destination for this kids. Trust me, he’s a Utd kind of player in every sense when it comes to attitude. Just let him go & bloom somewhere else & come to Utd a better product.

I do wonder If Sancho joined Utd when he left City, do you think he would have progressed so fast?

Sad Chris

Look at it from his point of view. He’s played 30 odd games for his boyhood club, who he’s quite happy to stay at, but understands he’s more or less being sold regardless for benefit of the club. He’s tasted first team football & wants minutes. If Utd buy him, loan him back, and have him train a few days per week with your first team. He will not go just anywhere to go backwards playing youth football. He’s got no emotional ties to Utd, he’s doing what’s best for now, and that’s getting competitive minutes on the pitch in a league which is a step up from where he is, but a step down from where you are. I think Utd is the final destination for this kids. Trust me, he’s a Utd kind of player in every sense when it comes to attitude. Just let him go & bloom somewhere else & come to Utd a better product.

I do wonder If Sancho joined Utd when he left City, do you think he would have progressed so fast?
I understand and think it‘s a fair move from the lad‘s point of view. I‘m not holding it against him either. You‘re right with what you say.

I‘m trying to point out that it‘s better for us as a club to move on to an alternative than to hold onto hopes if getting players later. It looks like United is building a really good team, so in the near future when all positions are settled with good backups there will only be limited spaces available. We (hopefully) won‘t be buying the newest and brightest names out there if they are not exactly what we need. That‘s something we‘ve been doing for quite a few years now. And it mostly didn‘t work out.

So, to answer your question: No, Sancho wouldn‘t have progressed so fast under the manager we had at the time. And probably not even now. But if you look at the other upsides of coming here: you grow together, you get to know each other, you‘re joining in the early stages of something that could turn out to be special. At Dortmund he‘ll develop and grow faster assuming he gets more playing time, but will he develop in the direction United would need him? I don‘t know.

I hope, either way, he ends up being the player he looks like he can be. He seems like a good lad.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
I think looking at Dortmund, they are going to mould him on the Witsel mould. He’ll be a transition kind of player who can get forward. He’s strong enough to intercept, & his vision & range is already there. That generally unspectacular player who’s crucial like Carrick, Henderson, Niquez, Witsell, who there really are not an abundance of.

izec

All done, expected this week to arrive for the medical check and sign the contract. 25m to Birmingham with a future sell on clause. 5 year contract. They see him as a future world class player.

Bayern, Chelsea and us were also interested and he visited them all, chose Dortmund. Sees the best chances to become a top player there and most game time as well. Plus his father was apparently impressed by the concept of Zorc and their chief scout.

Classic case of buying world class potential and selling him in a couple of years for a huge fee. After Dembele, Sancho and Haaland, he will be the fourth in line.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He's clearly very promising.

Garner, Levitt and Mejbri all have a chance though so let's hope they continue to develop.

Rolaholic

"The best way to get into the starting XI at United is to play for Dortmund first."

A bit cheeky :lol: , wouldn't surprise me at all that we're first in queue for his signature once he develops into the sort of player most think he will in a few years

Rafaeldagold

Are we going to be so hot on him in the future after already turning us down once? No problem him going elsewhere & it’s cool to go abroad I think. But he’s had the chance to sign for Manchester United & hasn’t taken it..

Rolaholic

Are we going to be so hot on him in the future after already turning us down once? No problem him going elsewhere & it’s cool to go abroad I think. But he’s had the chance to sign for Manchester United & hasn’t taken it..
Supposedly we were near an agreement for Sancho last summer before it fell through after missing out on the CL, now we seem to be back in for him again.

I don't think that being turned down at one stage, especially when a player is still very young, necessarily has a huge bearing on the future if the talent and potential is still there. It might be a different story had he snubbed us for another English club but deciding to go abroad for his development shouldn't be a deal breaker for any future dealings to me

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
On the other hand, if he's good enough that a bunch of top clubs want him in the future, hopefully us trying so hard now gives us an advantage.

Judas

Open to offers
Yes. If he's good enough. It's like the people who thought we'd not want Pogba back after he left for Juve. We want the very best playing for us, its a business, the clubs not run by salty teenagers bitter about being turned down.

Rafaeldagold

Yes. If he's good enough. It's like the people who thought we'd not want Pogba back after he left for Juve. We want the very best playing for us, its a business, the clubs not run by salty teenagers bitter about being turned down.
Pogba is a bit different as we stupidly let him go, & he came back to us when he had other options.

Not bitter at all, as I said no problem him going elsewhere and I wish more players would go abroad - I would’ve if I was a player. But still anyone desperate & craving to play for this historic club I just don’t think would turn it down. That ship has maybe sailed is my opinion

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Pogba is a bit different as we stupidly let him go, & he came back to us when he had other options.

Not bitter at all, as I said no problem him going elsewhere and I wish more players would go abroad - I would’ve if I was a player. But still anyone desperate & craving to play for this historic club I just don’t think would turn it down. That ship has maybe sailed is my opinion
The simple fact is he’s 1. He’s not a United fan, and 2. It is not the best move his his career right now. Dortmund is the next step in his development. There is reason why every top European scout has been watching him since age 12.

By the way, his brother Jobe (15) is better!

roseguy64

We didn't let Pogba go. He left.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m not angry, I’m disappointed.

Fair play backing himself to play abroad although if he’s as good as touted the drop off after Bruno/Pogba leaves a gap for a player to provide an alternative.

Will be watching Dortmund games more closely going forward.

DannyDee

Can't blame him for choosing Dortmund over us. They have a great track record in developing/giving guys a platform to eventually get a huge transfer where they end up on massive wages (Dembele, Goetze, Hummels, soon Sancho, etc) It's an incredibly hard and rare thing for a midfielder to break in as a teenager for a top EPL team. I think the youngest midfielder this year to get significant time for one of United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Tottenham, and Arsenal was Mason Mount for Chelsea. City gives Fodon some time, but usually in a fairly advanced role. Billy Gilmour sees limited time. If Bellingham is as good as people believe, he will get a big money move at 20 or 21 and walk into a top clubs starting 11.

I would have trouble figuring out what our development plan for him would be. Given the stake of every PL game and how costly mistakes in the by CM's can be (look at Pogba's on Monday for example). Unlike young attackers who have more leeway (which is why most young prodigies who play are attackers). What would our development plan for him consist of, and when can we get him into regular playing time? Loan back to Birmingham next year? Spot time the next year? etc. If he's as good as he is expected to be, I hope we are in for him when he plans to progress his career and where he can start regularly.

mancan92

And bring him here for 80m more

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Looking at our game today, he'd have easily played 20+ games next season for us. Shame.
He would definitely have got plenty of games. I wish we’d got him and I look forward to seeing how he progresses. I’ll be sickened if we have to sign him for 100 million in a few years. We cant just sign half of Dortmund’s team and call it a transfer strategy.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It ll be interesting to see how he progresses vs how Hannibal Mejbri progresses over the next few years. Not really bothered losing Jude. We have enough talent in our academy. We just to nurture them the right way and make sure they hit their potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.