Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Supreme-

I thought Birmingham can't get him to sign a professional contract until he turns 17 in June, so how are we able to sign the kid in this window :confused::confused:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I am assuming that this compilation doesnt show the best of him. Because if they do then comparisons with Pogba at the same age are well wide of the mark. Pogba was doing outrageous things in the academy.
Don't rewrite history. Those clips also show this kid playing actual league games in the championship, which is impressive for his age. He's a sure thing.

Icemav

Pogba was hot and cold in the academy with Ravel Morrison the big star if truth be told.
He is sometimes hot and cold now but his talent and skills have always be incredible. Remind yourself with a highlights video of him bending in 30 yarders and dribbling past people for fun.

As I said it must be a poor vid they put together of Bellingham if they are supposed to be similar players. Apart from the ye know usual shit.... biggish, lankyish, blackish so.....

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Christ! People complain regardless. Why not get him now if possible as it looks like many clubs want him.
Because that's not what we need right now. I am more than fine with signing players for the future but we need players for the now. I would have no problem with this signing if there were others as well. But this seems like something that we could do at the end of the window or in the summer and we should be concentrating on bringing players in that are going to help us right now...

Icemav

Don't rewrite history. Those clips also show this kid playing actual league games in the championship, which is impressive for his age. He's a sure thing.
Haven't seen him play. But if you tell me that its a poor highlights video of him then fair enough.

Anyway my comment was about the Pogba comparison. What exactly are these similarities? Can he dribble past 3 players for fun, spray 40 yard passes, score some long range wonder goals, and equally be a bit lazy in defense and profligate with possesion in his own half, not like the discipline playing deep and prefer playing advance left in a midfield?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He looks good and has potential but needs time to develop , so wouldn't be a signing for the immediate.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Because that's not what we need right now. I am more than fine with signing players for the future but we need players for the now. I would have no problem with this signing if there were others as well. But this seems like something that we could do at the end of the window or in the summer and we should be concentrating on bringing players in that are going to help us right now...
If there are other teams that want him then yes, we need to act now. And it's not as if we can't buy Fernandes or whoever as well.

Drainy

I suppose you missed the academy bits in Bellingham's video. Pogba in the Championship would have been fun.
I didn't miss it. I just recognise that he has been playing at a higher level since he was 16 and Pogba was only just in our u18s at the same age.

Who knows how Pogba would have done. Very talented obviously but he wasn't exactly consistent at u18s, and didn't have the best ability to track runners off him so could have been a disaster.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is sometimes hot and cold now but his talent and skills have always be incredible. Remind yourself with a highlights video of him bending in 30 yarders and dribbling past people for fun.

As I said it must be a poor vid they put together of Bellingham if they are supposed to be similar players. Apart from the ye know usual shit.... biggish, lankyish, blackish so.....
Pogba did score some beauties for the u18s but he never really performed consistently to a high level for the youth teams at United and I even doubted he could make it at United at the time. Ravel Morrison was a level above Pogba in the academy. And i'm basing that on watching nearly every game Pogba played for us at youth level.

Bellingham at 16 is playing at a far higher level than Pogba at the same age. I don't think he's exactly like Pogba but Bellingham is showing as much potential as the young Pogba we signed from Le Havre.

Lentwood

I’m fully on board with this type of signing. It’s no lose. You sign him and he’s even a squad player and great, £12.5m is a bargain. You sign him and he’s not quite up to it, you sell him to a lower league PL club or rich Championship club and get your money back.

This is the way clubs need to be thinking now, with the sort of fees we see for average players

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This signing will be made with the budget that has been allocated to the academy. It has nothing to do with the first team budget and the signing will probably be prioritised by Nicky Butt and our domestic scouts.

RedorDead21

I am assuming that this compilation doesnt show the best of him. Because if they do then comparisons with Pogba at the same age are well wide of the mark. Pogba was doing outrageous things in the academy.
He wasn’t showing much in his final season was us before heading to juve?

RedorDead21

I imagine xavi academy highlights were pretty underwhelming.. 8 yard pass, 12 yard pass, 5 yard pass....

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He wasn’t showing much in his final season was us before heading to juve?
So you're saying he wasn't good enough for the championship, but good enough to start for Juve in Serie A. :eek:

Devil may care

This is exactly how he has been described by people i've spoke to. Very cultured player that would be described as a artist on the continent.

@Devil may care This post from Rainbows seems to be that best that describes him as a player mate.
Cheers mate, certainly sounds like he could be worth a punt at the price, like you mentioned in the other thread, it would probably make sense to loan him back for now though.

Varun1

How will this help us now and why can't this wait until the summer???
Do you think we should wait until other teams are ahead of us in the pursuit of a special talent?

As @BluesJr has said, people are rewriting history about Pogba. He was very hot and cold for United, especially in that last season.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Cheers mate, certainly sounds like he could be worth a punt at the price, like you mentioned in the other thread, it would probably make sense to loan him back for now though.
He won't be playing in the first team in the immediate future and will need to be loaned for a couple of years imo. This potential signing will be ratified by Nicky Butt and the academy department.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Do you think we should wait until other teams are ahead of us in the pursuit of a special talent?

As @BluesJr has said, people are rewriting history about Pogba. He was very hot and cold for United, especially in that last season.
I think our priority should be looking for now. If our first signing of the January window is a kid then we don't have our priorities right

In Rainbows

Haven't seen him play. But if you tell me that its a poor highlights video of him then fair enough.

Anyway my comment was about the Pogba comparison. What exactly are these similarities? Can he dribble past 3 players for fun, spray 40 yard passes, score some long range wonder goals, and equally be a bit lazy in defense and profligate with possesion in his own half, not like the discipline playing deep and prefer playing advance left in a midfield?
This is such a weird take. Nobody is saying he is exactly like Pogba. No player is exactly like another. They're humans. A comparison is only meant to clue in some fans who haven't seen him as it's a rough comparison. Saying Bellingham is like Pogba doesn't mean he's Pogba of today where he regularly puts a ball over the top for his teammates. Pogba didn't have that in his locker consistently as a kid. We didn't see Bellingham play for the academy like we did Pogba. What we have are u16 and u17 matches for England.

Yes he does play on the advanced left side of the midfield. He does have this stroll like Pogba has. Similarly he does have some good footwork to get himself out of trouble or to start an attack. Yes he can dribble past players. I haven't seen him score belters that Pogba used to, but then again, I haven't seen him play at u18 and u23 level for Birmingham. They're in different situations and thus we as watchers don't have as much evidence as we would for one of our own youth players. You're comparing the amount of footage United fans could use of Pogba as a 16-18 year old playing for United's u18&u21 level. It's an unfair comparison. You're essentially saying "Hey, why didn't 15 year old Bellingham have as much highlights as a 3 year period of Pogba playing for the u18s and u21s at age 16 to age 18?"

Remember, when people make comparisons, you have to pigeon hole players into groups. He's more like a Pogba type than he is of other midfield types right now. That's not controversial :lol:

Last edited:

In Rainbows

I think our priority should be looking for now. If our first signing of the January window is a kid then we don't have our priorities right
That's naive. You do both. Just because we're not doing something for the now, doesn't mean you right that by also neglecting the future. It's been said that Bayern and Dortmund are hovering around him too.

lysglimt

Scout
It is possible to do both - I doubt the club is telling OGS - you either get Fernandes or you get Bellingham.

Devil may care

He won't be playing in the first team in the immediate future and will need to be loaned for a couple of years imo. This potential signing will be ratified by Nicky Butt and the academy department.
Would you loan him back to Birmingham for the rest of this season and then to a PL club next season?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There's two departments at work here which you're failing to understand.
Would you loan him back to Birmingham for the rest of this season and then to a PL club next season?
I'd definitely loan him back to Birmingham for the remainder of the season as he's getting plenty of games to help him develop. I don't think a PL club will give him the minutes to develop at 16/17. I think it would be better for him to develop at United under our coaching staff in the u23s rather than ride the bench at a midtable PL club.

He's getting games at Championship level which is great but I wouldn't send him on loan to a PL club at this stage.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He reminds me more of when dele ali played us when lvg was the manager and we lost. He looks like he could make the step up to a big club for sure. His potential is there for all to see
He's not like Dele Ali at all from what I've seen.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
dele back then was a centre midfielder.he was everywhere. Breaking up play in the centre and getting forward. I could be wrong but to me he looks more like this than a pogba type player?
I’ve only seen highlights on YouTube though!
Bellingham is a player that is best described as being cultured on the ball due to his passing and vision. He has far more in his locker as a CM in comparison to Alli, imo.

In Rainbows

dele back then was a centre midfielder.he was everywhere. Breaking up play in the centre and getting forward. I could be wrong but to me he looks more like this than a pogba type player?
I’ve only seen highlights on YouTube though!
I haven't watched much of this match, but he's #8 in this match vs Portugal's u16s. The highlights are misleading making him seem like an all action midfielder with an engine.

HJ12

Reserves would be stocked with some potentially quality midfielders if he can join Garner, Mejbri, and Puigmal. Would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.