Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

You can see there is real talent,however you feel like another 18 months at Birmingham would help his development

Red_toad

I don’t need to ”think”, lots of reports already saying Jude didn’t fancy it.

I think with a choice between this United & Dortmund, the choice is easy for a 16 yr old.
Yeah leaving your parents and heading off to another country would be a massive issue, so United it is then...

Classical Mechanic

You can see there is real talent,however you feel like another 18 months at Birmingham would help his development
I think that was like a lot of his games this season, lots of moments where he shows his class and higher technical level but not enough impact. Birmingham have done better recently but for a long time were hovering just above relegation and don't get their attacking players involved enough. That said, he was involved in a few dangerous plays and should have scored. I think he only needs a few tweaks to become a really dangerous player at that level.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He’s definitely not ready for the PL but I do agree that’s 6th game I’ve seen of him and generally what you notice is excellent ball control and decent dribbling (nothing to write home about) but a clear potential to develop further with decision making.

He’s a creative outlet for Birmingham and holds his own well throughout a full 90. I think 2 seasons time he’ll breakthrough more. He has the height but not quite the physicality of a mature player.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He’s definitely not ready for the PL but I do agree that’s 6th game I’ve seen of him and generally what you notice is excellent ball control and decent dribbling (nothing to write home about) but a clear potential to develop further with decision making.

He’s a creative outlet for Birmingham and holds his own well throughout a full 90. I think 2 seasons time he’ll breakthrough more. He has the height but not quite the physicality of a mature player.
At 16, no kid really has that physical presence unless your Rooney.

If you’re adult size at 16, you’ll most likely balloon into Akinfenwa by your early 20s

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
At 16, no kid really has that physical presence unless your Rooney.

If you’re adult size at 16, you’ll most likely balloon into Akinfenwa by your early 20s
Exactly I don’t expect him to have those attributes yet which is why I said 2 seasons for him as a midfielder.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

In another 18 months there's no telling he'll want to be here and not elsewhere.
If the club is confident that we need him then it should be done ASAP

Chairman Steve

In the noughties, maybe you could say we can wait a year to see how he develops and see if we want to buy him, heck even let someone like Spurs, West Ham or Everton buy him and then Utd buy him 2-3 years later at a premium. Also we had Sir Alex who appealed to those young players whose agent, family and friends would say you’d end up winning trophies and possibly be a star if you went to Utd.

These days, every Premier League team has money so they have no need to sell, sophisticated player scouting and analysis is used more by more teams, getting good Premier League players is really expensive (especially British ones) and we don’t have the allure of Sir Alex anymore.

So if Bellingham is the real deal, I’d say go and get him now. The days where a team like Spurs can pick potentially good players up for cheap and then we can happily pay premium 2-3 years later are gone. We have to identify those players at that early stage. If Spurs get Bellingham today, you can kiss any chance of him coming here goodbye unless you want to pay an extraordinary and ludicrous amount of money.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
So if Bellingham is the real deal, I’d say go and get him now. The days where a team like Spurs can pick potentially good players up for cheap and then we can happily pay premium 2-3 years later are gone. We have to identify those players at that early stage. If Spurs get Bellingham today, you can kiss any chance of him coming here goodbye unless you want to pay an extraordinary and ludicrous amount of money.
If only life was so clear cut & simple. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

M16Red

Had a good game last night it seems, got man of the match on whoscored and the assist for the winner.

Played on the right side last night, watch 20 minutes of the most boring game I've ever seen and with the years of watching LVG and Jose that's saying something.

When he did get on the ball he was neat and tidy, also aggressive in a tackle.

Classical Mechanic

Played on the right side last night, watch 20 minutes of the most boring game I've ever seen and with the years of watching LVG and Jose that's saying something.

When he did get on the ball he was neat and tidy, also aggressive in a tackle.
Birmingham have had a decent run recently but they're a really insipid side

Their top scorers are

Jukiewitz - 11
Bellingham - 4
Pederson - 4

Top assists

Bela - 5
Colin - 5
Crowley - 4

Top G+A

Jukiewitz - 13
Bela - 7
Bellingham - 6
Colin - 6
Perderson - 6

He's done well in such an uninspired side. You'd hope to see him kick on a fair bit next season.

M16Red

Birmingham have had a decent run recently but they're a really insipid side

Their top scorers are

Jukiewitz - 11
Bellingham - 4
Pederson - 4

Top assists

Bela - 5
Colin - 5
Crowley - 4

Top G+A

Jukiewitz - 13
Bela - 7
Bellingham - 6
Colin - 6
Perderson - 6

He's done well in such an uninspired side. You'd hope to see him kick on a fair bit next season.

For a 16 year old, he's done very well; it was played in the middle of/end of a storm with 90mph winds.

That ifollow is pretty good... i was impressed with it.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Saw him live today and barely noticed him, Dalsgaard had him in his pocket all game. Though it wasn't the best conditions out there and brum resorted to giving up attempting to play football in the second half and went vintage Big Sam, so maybe harsh to judge him on today.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

We can't even get Garner or Levitt a game ahead of massively underperforming Pereira/Lingard. Be amazed if Bellingham opted to come here while hes playing as a starter in senior football at 16

mav_9me

That pisses me off. Dortmund cannot and should not be ahead of English clubs for English talents.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
That pisses me off. Dortmund cannot and should not be ahead of English clubs for English talents.
English clubs have had it their own way for a very long time when it comes too other countries talents. No reason why Dortmund shouldn't be trying too get in early if they feel like they are goin gtoo be starting him after 4/5 months or so.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They're not messing about are they? Probably sell him for 2-3x times that in a couple of seasons with a host of top 6 clubs vying for his signature. Sancho's success story has done wonders for that club.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Bellingham senior was reported to be very concerned about his sons development and rebuffed many offers domestically due to the fear of his son not getting the game time at the likes of United, Chelsea, Arsenal.

Dortmund right now are seen as the go to stepping stone. So it's not really a surprise Bellingham senior plumped to join them especially after the way Sancho has developed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Surprising that we couldn't bag him ahead of Dortmund. I imagine young players have more faith in Dortmund giving them time and chances especially to develop rapidly in the first 2-4 years before moving on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Surprising that we couldn't bag him ahead of Dortmund. I imagine young players have more faith in Dortmund giving them time and chances especially to develop rapidly in the first 2-4 years before moving on.
All the noise coming out was that his Father was very reluctant for his son to leave Birmingham City. And he was particularly reluctant to send his son to the likes of United, Chelsea, Arsenal in England due to development fears. So it's not really a surprise if his Father has advised him to join Dortmund who are at this moment in time probably the most popular destination for young wonderkids.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bellingham senior was reported to be very concerned about his sons development and rebuffed many offers domestically due to the fear of his son not getting the game time at the likes of United, Chelsea, Arsenal.

Dortmund right now are seen as the go to stepping stone. So it's not really a surprise Bellingham senior plumped to join them especially after the way Sancho has developed.
Its bit of an exaggeration though. Even in our bad years (since 2012) the one thing that has been consistent is our ability to give youngsters an opportunity. If you are talented enough , you will get enough opportunities at United as well.

It's not like Dortmund took an average player and made him world class. Sancho, Dembele, Haaland all were supreme talents even before joined them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Its bit of an exaggeration though. Even in our bad years (since 2012) the one thing that has been consistent is our ability to give youngsters an opportunity. If you are talented enough , you will get enough opportunities at United as well.

It's not like Dortmund took an average player and made him world class. Sancho, Dembele, Haaland all were supreme talents even before joined them.
The noise coming out from the Bellingham camp was that the father was very reluctant to send him to Man Utd, and we were trying to convince him otherwise. Seems like we failed to convince him but Dortmund succeeded.

passing-wind

Think it speaks volumes about a lack of confidence in the player to develop in a competitive environment. I can completely understand reservations to join City as they are bombarded with world class individuals but us and Arsenal ? We have both shown the propensity to prioritize youth development, Chelsea under Lampard have also given youth plenty chances.

Unless there's a dictator like Mourinho in charge, a youth player who is good enough will in most cases recieve adequate game time. I do understand the other side however and Bundesliga is without a doubt an excellent league to develop in.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

If he comes good we will be buying him back for 100 million. It’s crappy but I can see why a player would go there. It’s a super club with some easy games and you’ll play a lot, champions league exposure in a good team. If it works out well his next contract could be huge and with first team football at the club of his choice. Counter that with being a squad player at United. It could take him a lot longer to get that much first team football, if he really makes here at all. Going on Dortmund’s excellent recruitment history he’s going to be a star and at least we were heavily in the running for him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You win some, you lose some.

For Hannibal Mejbri we beat off some big clubs to secure his signing and lost out on Bellingham if reports from Germany prove to be correct. The Bellingham money will possibly be put aside for another big talent I'd imagine so watch this space...

Status
Not open for further replies.