Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaucoup

I suppose I'm just interested in knowing how big a talent he is. Sometimes young players mature faster than their peers but aren't that absurdly ahead in terms of their technical qualities, which causes others to catch up them eventually. If he's a future superstar obviously I want us to sign him. If he's not, then I wouldn't be that fussed if we missed out.
I heard his younger brother played for the 18's this week.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hm we fight against BVB for Bellingham and want to buy Sancho from them ? How is that going together ?
Players go where they want. If Bellingham wants to play for Dortmund, he will.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I do find it funny how BVB are held up as the model club of giving youth a clear development route, we have bought through how many talents in the past few years alone, Rashford, McTominay, Greenwood, Williams. James coming from the Championship has played tons this season. He would have to uproot his family to Germany. Considering that, we must be clear favorites.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Imagine a non-league superhero(Jude's dad) when UTD were winning everything, now sitting in the company of great SAF. What ever their camp's decision I am sure his Dad will cherish this moment for ever. I would give 1 or 2 years of my life if I can get that kind of chance and it's worth it.
even Matt Judge could tell you that’s a terrible deal.
I get the sentiment though : )

MDFC Manager

How long will Lampard last at Chelsea? Can see them abandoning their new found youth policy post Lampard.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I am not sure he is worth the gamble -- 30+million on a 16y.o when we have a Mejbri already for so much less.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I am not sure he is worth the gamble -- 30+million on a 16y.o when we have a Mejbri already for so much less.
There's no real harm in it. Especially if there's truth to the rumours of us getting rid of Lingard + Pereira.

He's an exciting talent, we should go for him. Just because we had Giuseppe Rossi and Ebanks-Blake in the ranks didn't stop us from going for Rooney.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's a different type of player and at 16 his physicality is very impressive. He's exactly the right type of player to focus on. I hope we start to really commit to going after the most promising young players, like we used to.

0le

I am sure opposing clubs are using the same line against us when trying to recruit new players.
We've played youth with all four managers, even Jose gave McT his debut and introduced him into the first team. Moyes gave Januzaj many starts and LvG gave the entire youth system a chance. So even if Ole goes (he isn't), it is very likely the requirement for any new manager will be to continue to introduce/play youth in the first team. This is supported by our aggresive stance in the transfer market for young players e.g. Mejbri.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't know anything about him. Any of those good youtube videos about?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This article is from Neil Moxley who is probably the most reliable journo when it comes to Birmingham City. He's basically Birmingham's Simon Stone.

It's interesting he mentions that Dortmund have been working on pursuading/courting the players father Mark Bellingham for the last 12 months but the player and in his family are still undecided on their next move.

But what is most interesting is that Moxley mentions that the parents would be presented with a enviable problem pertaining to younger brother Jobe (who by the way is a very talented striker) if Jude takes up a offer abroad.

Moxley mentions 4 clubs, United, Chelsea, Bayern and Dortmund who have all agreed a fee believed to be £15m upfront with another £15m in add ons.

I think it'll be between us and Chelsea personally.

thomas porter

For my money he either comes here or goes to Dortmund.

Bringing out Sir Alex might just be the trump card that lands him here imo but only time will tell

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Is he or is he not on a trainee contract? It's not a pro contract then. Why would clubs push to pay 15 million for him when they could offer him a big signing fee instead?

sp_107

We did more than enough, SAF meeting his parents was a highlight, After all this he doesnt want to come to us than its fine. Life goes on.

Robertd0803

Is he or is he not on a trainee contract? It's not a pro contract then. Why would clubs push to pay 15 million for him when they could offer him a big signing fee instead?
Wont they have to pay Birmingham compensation?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Apparently he's going to sign pro terms once he's old enough (18) then be sold immediately.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Wont they have to pay Birmingham compensation?
Just the development fee if he is on a trainee program. He can sign a pro contract at 17 I believe, and he's still 16. Might be why the clubs are being so aggressive about it. Birmingham probably knows that.

Robertd0803

Just the development fee if he is on a trainee program. He can sign a pro contract at 17 I believe, and he's still 16. Might be why the clubs are being so aggressive about it. Birmingham probably knows that.
Ah right wasnt 100% sure how that worked cheers.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Boroussia Dortmund or Manchester United - This is quite the litmus test for the gang in charge of recruitment.

Amarsdd

Boroussia Dortmund or Manchester United - This is quite the litmus test for the gang in charge of recruitment.
Not really. If a young player esp. a 16 year old is looking for regular first-team game time right away, then we can't compete with Dortmund as we certainly won't be able to give them that. If the young player is looking for development and coming through the system in a couple of years time, then we can compete. So it all depends on what Jude is looking for.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Not really. If a young player esp. a 16 year old is looking for regular first-team game time right away, then we can't compete with Dortmund as we certainly won't be able to give them that. If the young player is looking for development and coming through the system in a couple of years time, then we can compete. So it all depends on what Jude is looking for.
Neither Manchester United nor Dortmund are going to promise regular first team football to a 16 year old. The most likely outcome is that he is either matched in the U-23's with regular callups to cup games and the odd league bench feature, or he's loaned out back to perhaps Birmingham or a club with a good track record as a developing club for players on loan, preferably in England.

thomas porter

Neither Manchester United nor Dortmund are going to promise regular first team football to a 16 year old. The most likely outcome is that he is either matched in the U-23's with regular callups to cup games and the odd league bench feature, or he's loaned out back to perhaps Birmingham or a club with a good track record as a developing club for players on loan, preferably in England.
I read somewhere online Ole sees him as first team player for us if he signs. Hard to know if that's true or not and I would imagine if he signs he goes on tour and we assess from there. (Assuming there is a tour this summer...)

Pughnichi

I am sure opposing clubs are using the same line against us when trying to recruit new players.
don’t slate the oppo in a sales pitch.

need to sell yourself, not mud sling about another club’s deficiencies. Small club mentality

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pretty much every reports linking us seems to believe we see him as a first team player, which seems mad but if it convinces him to sign good.
I do believe he will be coming straight into our squad as a 17 year old for next season if we sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.