Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbs235

For example, Donyell Malen left us at 16 for Chelsea. then returned back to PSV and broke through as a Dutch international last season. Dilrosun left us at 16 for City and broke through as Dutch international at Hertha last season. Redan for Chelsea. Hoogewerf recently for you guys. Those were all pretty close to top talents at the time of their departure (dilrosun less so maybe than the others), but you can't really hold that against our academy. imo TFM would have been a great centreback nowadays if he hadn't left us as well.
If I was a Dutchy academy player I certainly wouldn't leave for the Premier League. Will end up missing out on so many minutes that they could get if they stayed home. And if you've broken through at Ajax or PSV you'll be on big clubs radar's anyway in a few years.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
If I was a Dutchy academy player I certainly wouldn't leave for the Premier League. Will end up missing out on so many minutes that they could get if they stayed home. And if you've broken through at Ajax or PSV you'll be on big clubs radar's anyway in a few years.
yeah but there's a difference in pay in that first professional contract as well as a different, more financially secure structure around the follow up second contract at 18 which can be very significant to the families of some of these players.

outside of that I obviously don't get why you'd do it either, for the most part. though it depends your situation at the club, I guess.

for example if Brobbey now chose not to extend I wouldn't blame him. He could well see that his chances at breaking into our first team this coming season aren't great, and that he's not really an Ajax-mould striker in general, let alone a striker for Ten Hag's system. Whereas he could be seen as a perfect fit for a more physical league, and definitely would attract interest from even top clubs looking for that type of striker, meaning he'd be able to negotiate from a pretty strong position and then join the club with a lot of hype behind him. (so relatively big pay-day, and probably be able to get a club to commit to a proper pathway into their first team).

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Because Rashford, McTominay, Greenwood and Williams have spent the last few years picking splinters out of their arses? If he picks Dortmund then fair play to him, they're a good side and I admire a young fella for going to another country to broaden his horizons. But let's not act like United aren't right up there with anyone when it comes to developing talent and giving lads their chance.
This, thank you! United are a proper great choice for a young footballer, especially if you want to play in England.

Not to mention that the academy regularly produces premier league/championship players who even if they leave united they go onto have great careers.

Dortmund are also a great choice, but they certainly aren’t better than united.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He turns 17 on Monday, so i'm hoping this is put to bed one way or the other soon.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Neil Moxley is now reporting that Bellingham will join Dortmund. He says that the players father kept a close eye on Sancho's development at Dortmund and that played a role in deciding to choose Dortmund. He also says that with United looking to push Liverpool closer to the title next season it was feared young Bellingham wouldn't get enough game time.

£15m rising to £25m is the fee he is reporting.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jadon-sanchos-role-jude-bellingham-22263617

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Neil Moxley is now reporting that Bellingham will join Dortmund. He says that the players father kept a close eye on Sancho's development at Dortmund and that played a role in deciding to choose Dortmund. He also says that with United looking to push Liverpool closer to the title next season it was feared young Bellingham wouldn't get enough game time.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jadon-sanchos-role-jude-bellingham-22263617
Bummer.

Bondi77

I suppose he will look like an idiot now if he joins us over Dortmund.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Am i missing something here? Have they looked at our bench recently? Seen how young our current team is? Seen all the young players we've bought through throughout our history? McTominay, Williams & Greenwood from the academy past few years alone. Because of Sancho now Dortmund are suddenly the best thing since sliced bread for young players?

Experiencing a different culture and the Bundesliga would be a great experience, but using reasons to not choose us because of game time or challenging Liverpool does make me a bit salty. We're not City.

Last edited:

forevrared

He's not wrong with regards to the midfield. Are we gonna put a 16/17 year old in behind Pogba/Fernandes if we're aiming for the top 4? He's certainly not taking either of their places.

Bondi77

Am i missing something here? Have they looked at our bench recently? Seen how young our current team is? Seen all the young players we've bought through throughout our history? McTominay, Williams & Greenwood from the academy past few years alone. Because of Sancho now Dortmund are suddenly the best thing since sliced bread for young players?

Experiencing a different culture and the Bundesliga would be a great experience, but using reasons to not choose us because of game time or challenging Liverpool does make me a bit salty. We're not City.
The guy is trying another angle mate,
I highly doubt his old man has been following the progress of Sancho or has ever been to a Dortmund game and the line about us now being a more competitive side so he won’t get game time is laughable.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I highly doubt his old man has been following the progress of Sancho or has ever been to a Dortmund game and the line about us now being a more competitive side so he won’t get game time is laughable.
Must be. Like Dortmund aren't expecting to challenge Bayern either. Absolute rubbish.

red thru&thru

Well at least the positive is we will be trying to push Liverpool for the title next season. Not all bad news from this report then.

pascell

Hard to argue with that but it has been reported for a while he's been going there, people have chosen to ignore it.

I'd say if the quote RE United challenging next season, it's fair for them to have doubts about gametime. He's probably also looked at Foden and his lack of gametime at City this season at the time they were in the title run in.

crossy1686

career ending
Hard to argue with that but it has been reported for a while he's been going there, people have chosen to ignore it.

I'd say if the quote RE United challenging next season, it's fair for them to have doubts about gametime. He's probably also looked at Foden and his lack of gametime at City this season at the time they were in the title run in.
I think there's most likely a bigger contract in Dortmund as well. People will find all kinds of 'positives' when there's an extra £25k on the end of your salary.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
I see you are a Birmingham fan and you must have watch him week in week out. Without being bias, all of those scouting opinions are spot on in your opinion? That’s certainly a lot of praise there like a young Wayne Rooney would rightfully get at 18
He ticks all of the above boxes mate seriously. If he must go, you should loan him back, but have him train at Utd a few days a week.

Just look at his highlights from the championship this season against grown men.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
His dad is a sergeant in the old bill, so he has a balanced mind, and yes he does follow Dortmund closely. Check his Twitter for one.

Bondi77

His dad is a sergeant in the old bill, so he has a balanced mind, and yes he does follow Dortmund closely. Check his Twitter for one.
Police sergeant makes for a balanced mind does it?
I follow football mate but I do not have enough time in my day to follow some young footballers old man on social media.
Really does not matter, he either signs and I follow his progress or he doesn't and then I hope he will be really good for England but not when he plays against us.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
MCTominay, Andreas, Lingard, Rashford, Greenwood, Williams, Pogba, all academy graduates getting time as first team regulars. Garner, Chong, Tuanzebe on the cusp. Shaw, Jones, De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Dalot, Martial and James all brought in as teenagers and getting lots of game time. Our first team squad is a testament to our promotion of youth. He would’ve done well if he came here.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We'll give Dortmund have a 'free run' at a player who already decided to join them :lol:
I think he's saying that Bellingham has accepted the terms on offer by BVB but hasn't yet decided to sign for them. He probably agreed terms with us too for all we know.

gajender

I think he's saying that Bellingham has accepted the terms on offer by BVB but hasn't yet decided to sign for them. He probably agreed terms with us too for all we know.
What he is saying is load of Bs it's nothing more than that United hold no leverage here if Bellingham has his heart set on Dortmund and if not and he is equally interested in joining United then United would simply prefer to sign him . Sancho's pursuit would not be any factor in it at all.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What he is saying is load of Bs it's nothing more than that United hold no leverage here if Bellingham has his heart set on Dortmund and if not and he is equally interested in joining United then United would simply prefer to sign him . Sancho's pursuit would not be any factor in it at all.
It's all if's and buts...

gajender

It's all if's and buts...
It's not it's just poor journalism do you really believe we would forgo our interest in touted wonder kid for whom we even bought in Sir Alex as well and for what So that Dortmund would give us a little discount on Sancho's price not buying that for a second.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's not it's just poor journalism do you really believe we would forgo our interest in touted wonder kid for whom we even bought in Sir Alex as well and for what So that Dortmund would give us a little discount on Sancho's price not buying that for a second.
It's all if's and buts until the player signs on the dotted line. Whether it's poor journalism is not the point because until he signs the speculation will continue. Take it with a pinch of salt..

mav_9me

He might well go to Dortmund and that's a fine option but as you said that's nonsense. If we were doing poorly then he wouldn't want to join a bad team. If we are doing good and in form he wouldn't want to join a good team cuz he wouldn't be given a chance. Like we have stopped playing Williams/McT/Mason in our chase for top 4.

It may not be coming from the players side but that kind of justification opens them to ridicule.

mav_9me

MCTominay, Andreas, Lingard, Rashford, Greenwood, Williams, Pogba, all academy graduates getting time as first team regulars. Garner, Chong, Tuanzebe on the cusp. Shaw, Jones, De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Dalot, Martial and James all brought in as teenagers and getting lots of game time. Our first team squad is a testament to our promotion of youth. He would’ve done well if he came here.
No question. If he is as good as everyone thinks, he is not going to be denied game time by McT and Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.