Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yeah but we might get Kane and Neymar and that CD from Napoli. Top level talent.
Ye that makes up for it. Unsure if anything will come from the Neymar one though. Depends if he’ll lower his wages I guess.

Pickle85

I reckon he'll struggle. I think that at a lot of his deficiencies get covered over because he's playing in the BL. I'm thinking he won't find striding forward as easy elsewhere and I also think his close control will come under more severe examination.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They changed from signing established stars to taking risks on younger players preciously because they kept getting beaten to players
Eeeh. It's a combination of factors actually. The only big players we were actually in for, really in for, and missed out on in the last 10 years were Neymar, Mbappé, and maybe Suarez. We've had an incredibly strong starting XI that kept winning CL titles, hard to spend big on a star that would end up being a bench player. But it's also true that City and PSG changed the market and forced us to move towards younger players since by the time we'd seriously consider for, say, De Bruyne or David Silva or Verratti or Marquinhos, they were already at those clubs and there's little point even trying

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
I haven't seen nothing special about this dude, I think Madrid are going to get robbed... Also rumours about him maybe needing knee surgery, if this is true, I would steer clear from him:confused::houllier:.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It’s a lot easier when everyone wants to join you. We were interested in all 3 but all 3 made clear they wanted to go to Real. As were a lot of other clubs interested. But when Real come calling, it’s game over. That’s what a million CL trophies does for you. Success breeds success.
And yet we spent lots of money on garbage. It is more our recruiting, ETH was the first manager in years who brought in competent midfielders

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
And yet we spent lots of money on garbage. It is more our recruiting, ETH was the first manager in years who brought in competent midfielders
Well I don’t think anyone is denying that. But that’s a different issue. I was just addressing the failure to sign these particular players.

Rolaholic

All in all, that's a pretty good deal for them. 19 y/o wunderkind who's already been a club captain at each of his clubs and a very seasoned international with massive potential on top of already terrific ability.

Should help Kane acclimate better too given their understanding already with England

DevilsOwn

All in all, that's a pretty good deal for them. 19 y/o wunderkind who's already been a club captain at each of his clubs and a very seasoned international with massive potential on top of already terrific ability.

Should help Kane acclimate better too given their understanding already with England
They have completely overhauled their ageing midfield in 2 years!

Might take time for the youngsters to adapt and adjust, but with the potential that their midfield has now, they will be very dominant again in the coming decade

Salford_Red83

Might take time for the youngsters to adapt and adjust, but with the potential that their midfield has now, they will be very dominant again in the coming decade
It's easy when you don't have to do much beyond saying "We are Real Madrid" to convince a player to join.

Hammondo

I'm not sure it's quite there yet, I think in time they will make another change.

RedStarUnited

Yet still started with Kroos and Modric in the biggest game of their season.

One thing people never mention in the “Players always go to Madrid” talk is Madrid especially with Perez have no problems spending big. Tchuameni went for 80m and isnt a proper starter yet.

DevilsOwn

It's easy when you don't have to do much beyond saying "We are Real Madrid" to convince a player to join.
Being serial winners in Europe helps, with the history to back them up.

I'm not sure it's quite there yet, I think in time they will make another change.
They will tweak yes, dont think they have the right creative center mid yet. But, the spine upfront is there.

Yet still started with Kroos and Modric in the biggest game of their season.

One thing people never mention in the “Players always go to Madrid” talk is Madrid especially with Perez have no problems spending big. Tchuameni went for 80m and isnt a proper starter yet.
They are a very attractive proposition with players, and they have always paid more than fair value.
And they are ruthless in letting players go.

Just overall a well run machine.

MUFC OK

Could you ever imagine United wrapping up a deal like this early in the window for £85m?

We would have dragged it on all summer and not got him for less than £120m.

Hammondo

Being serial winners in Europe helps, with the history to back them up.

They will tweak yes, dont think they have the right creative center mid yet. But, the spine upfront is there.

They are a very attractive proposition with players, and they have always paid more than fair value.
And they are ruthless in letting players go.

Just overall a well run machine.
I can see Tchouameni being dropped for a creative center mid, I don't think he's good enough.

RuudTom83

Could you ever imagine United wrapping up a deal like this early in the window for £85m?

We would have dragged it on all summer and not got him for less than £120m.
A quick search on the old google shows The Guardian reporting Real Madrid's interest in Jude from around the 3rd May, which is about 5 weeks ago and you guess the actual clubs were talking earlier that the newspapers knew...so around 6-7 weeks for a 100 million transfer, so yeah pretty quick as you say.

matsdf

Seems very cheap. I would've guessed the price to be €30-40m higher.

Andersons Dietician

It’s annoying how well run they are. They’ve just been building their next team over the last few windows and just picking up top talents replacing their older top players. Slowly phasing them in.

I suppose it’s easy to do from a position of strength. Anyway cheeky bid now for Valverde or Camavinga

RoyH1

Seems very cheap. I would've guessed the price to be €30-40m higher.
Depends on the add ons I suppose. Appearances, goals, trophies...we don't know the details yet how easy or difficult they are to reach.

Generally adding something like CL victories in such a deal as a selling club is a 50/50 proposition at best but not when selling to Madrid.

RedStarUnited

Im always shocked at how Dortmund is run from the fans perspective. Signing these wonderkids and losing them before they have won anything, whilst losing the league to Bayern every year would drive me up the wall.

On the flip side they are a great team to join if you are an up and coming superstar. You get consistent minutes and CL exposure.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good signing for them, good he didn't end to in PL.

Crimson King

Would have been at least €140m for us.
I think Bellingham made it clear he wanted to go to Madrid. EPL teams are seen as disgustingly rich on the continent. Dortmund probably couldn't demand as much money from Madrid as they could from Utd, Chelsea or City.

It's still a record breaking deal for them though, so it's job done in that respects. Their recruitment strategy continues to get the job done.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
That's about £90m+£25m in bonuses. £115m or so.

Believable bonuses probably.

RVN1991

Amazing how they seem to get anyone they want for fair prices while we're paying massive fees and wages for overrated garbage like Sancho.

Like a few have stated in here, no doubt we'd be mugged into forking over 120m at least while making him the highest earner in the league.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Im always shocked at how Dortmund is run from the fans perspective. Signing these wonderkids and losing them before they have won anything, whilst losing the league to Bayern every year would drive me up the wall.

On the flip side they are a great team to join if you are an up and coming superstar. You get consistent minutes and CL exposure.
And that's what makes Dortmund an attractive destination for youngsters. And it is a business model for Dortmund. It is what it is. They aren't as rich as Bayern.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes

That's the life of fans of most football clubs outside of the top10/12 in europe. Every top talent wants to make big money and compete for CL and league titles and only a dozen clubs can guarantee you both. At least Dortmund always manages to make the most of it financially.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Dortmund has at least won the DFB Cup with Bellingham, Sancho, Haaland. Not much, bot something.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

So many people talking as if Kane has already moved to Real…..like that hasnt actually happened yet…..it hasn’t.

Hammondo

88m, not a crazy amount. Clubs have not bought crazy expensive players for a while now, it feels more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.