Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jude-bellingham-man-utd-transfer-28392365

I think it’s certain he leaves Dortmund in the summer, it’s well known ETH wants a driving force midfielder so regardless of the source it does make perfect sense for us.

Only problem is we need to spend big on a midfielder like Bellingham and also a striker so that’d use up our entire transfer budget plus sales you’d imagine even though we’d probably also need a keeper to replace De Gea as well, Laird will come back next summer to compete with Dalot at right back so that’s that sorted.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jude-bellingham-man-utd-transfer-28392365

I think it’s certain he leaves Dortmund in the summer, it’s well known ETH wants a driving force midfielder so regardless of the source it does make perfect sense for us.

Only problem is we need to spend big on a midfielder like Bellingham and also a striker so that’d use up our entire transfer budget plus sales you’d imagine even though we’d probably also need a keeper to replace De Gea as well, Laird will come back next summer to compete with Dalot at right back so that’s that sorted.
I actually think De Gea is improving and adapting to ETH ball at an incredible rate, if he keeps improving I doubt it’ll be seen as priority.
If we bring in Felix or Gakpo, it’d leave us only needing to spend big in midfield to “complete” ETH’s team. It’s doable for sure.
Getting Ronaldo off the books frees up massive wages and I guess we’ll be selling a few more players in Jan/next Summer.

Zed 101

For Bellingham to be convinced to come to Utd several things must happen:

• We finish above Liverpool, preferably in CL spot or 5th with the EL won
  • City don't bid for him
  • He doesn't get attracted to Real

The price we are thinking £100m plus is going to put a massive dent in our transfer budget, we also need a at least 1 striker and CB so there would need to be some juggling to get all.

Litch

I actually think De Gea is improving and adapting to ETH ball at an incredible rate, if he keeps improving I doubt it’ll be seen as priority.
If we bring in Felix or Gakpo, it’d leave us only needing to spend big in midfield to “complete” ETH’s team. It’s doable for sure.
Getting Ronaldo off the books frees up massive wages and I guess we’ll be selling a few more players in Jan/next Summer.
Agree about DDG, only issue is any offer of a new contract wont be 350k. I suspect he'll be sold in the summer for a younger keeper.

Litch

For Bellingham to be convinced to come to Utd several things must happen:

• We finish above Liverpool, preferably in CL spot or 5th with the EL won
  • City don't bid for him
  • He doesn't get attracted to Real

The price we are thinking £100m plus is going to put a massive dent in our transfer budget, we also need a at least 1 striker and CB so there would need to be some juggling to get all.
City makes sense and I can see them selling Grealish to help pay for it. Because their squad is so deep, they always get good money even for fringe players

cyberman

We spent 100m euros on Antony, we’ll be ok with Bellinghams fee

redcucumber

Would a player like Caicedo not give us more leeway in terms of finances while not compromising too much on output? Bellingham is English, on his way to global superstar status etc but he's going to cost an absolute fortune and expect 500k wages.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Nobody else a bit wary of big-money signings from Dortmund?

Drizzle

We spent 100m euros on Antony, we’ll be ok with Bellinghams fee
That's not how it works anymore. All indications have been that we maxed out this summer and next summer's transfer budget will be more limited (unless we get sold).

I'm sure we could afford Bellingham. But I very much doubt we could afford Bellingham AND a top striker, never mind the other positions.

cyberman

That's not how it works anymore. All indications have been that we maxed out this summer and next summer's transfer budget will be more limited (unless we get sold).

I'm sure we could afford Bellingham. But I very much doubt we could afford Bellingham AND a top striker, never mind the other positions.
This same report says he has been promised funds to win the big trophies again. We can’t really believe one part of the story but not the other.
We’ll have a lot more out goings since Ten Hag has assessed the squad

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is there any hope for this one mate?
That would be tremendeous.
To be honest I do think we have a chance, aye. Some other teams have spent big recently or have a whole host of other issues (Liverpool need a few players in the summer, Barca and Juve have loads of issues). So while there are others like City and Real who would be interested I don't see why we wouldn't have a good shot after showing keen interest before. We have only got better, recruited better and have a better manager since then too.

Go big or go home :D

Real Name

To be honest I do think we have a chance, aye. Some other teams have spent big recently or have a whole host of other issues (Liverpool need a few players in the summer, Barca and Juve have loads of issues). So while there are others like City and Real who would be interested I don't see why we wouldn't have a good shot after showing keen interest before. We have only got better, recruited better and have a better manager since then too.

We go for it!

UpWithRivers

Said it in the who we need thread. Bellingham and Kane should be priority targets. Yeah its a long shot but not impossible. Every big transfer is a long shot but if we want to go up levels from 3/4/5 to competing then you need to target the elite players. Is he a risk? Sure. But name me a player that isnt. Played at 16 in the Championship and tore it up, then one if the best midfielders in Germany, one if the Captains at Dortmund and on top of it could be starting for England in the World Cup. And he's 19! Players like this you need to just go all out to try and sign.

Erik the Red

Even if Bellingham costs £100m, and Gakpo is rumoured to be £25-30m, so that should be fine. Ndicka for a free would be a great addition. Any additional purchases would probably have to be funded from sales / wage reductions.

Beyond these purchases, I think there are still a number of areas for improvement, namely goalkeeper (or reserve), a right back (or reserve), Timber, another striker. ETH may make a call that one or more of the youngsters are ready to step up, and this may influence his priorities, so I'm curious to see where ETH tries to strengthen.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
A bit late, I'm afraid.
He'll sign a new offer sheet soon at Dortmund, indicating that he's sticking to what's been their plan all along, a huge next contract at the best adress in football, Real Madrid. You bet Perez was involved as early as when Jude decided for Dortmund, some sort of ally of theirs; and should he indeed meet their requirements already, there won't be much other clubs can do other than giving the impression of seriously contemplating a move and become part of a fan-engaging hype train.

Only chance I see for the EPL is if Real offers too timidly or prefers to wait for further development; both look pretty unlikely. Of course, all hell could break loose should a bidding war happen between half a dozen English clubs, but than again, hard to imagine it's United that makes the deal. Delightful idea, but terribly unlikely.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Barcelona don't need another young midfielder with the players they already have.
Real Madrid does seem to want to sign him.

Erik the Red

A bit late, I'm afraid.
He'll sign a new offer sheet soon at Dortmund, indicating that he's sticking to what's been their plan all along, a huge next contract at the best adress in football, Real Madrid. You bet Perez was involved as early as when Jude decided for Dortmund, some sort of ally of theirs; and should he indeed meet their requirements already, there won't be much other clubs can do other than giving the impression of seriously contemplating a move and become part of a fan-engaging hype train.

Only chance I see for the EPL is if Real offers too timidly or prefers to wait for further development; both look pretty unlikely. Of course, all hell could break loose should a bidding war happen between half a dozen English clubs, but than again, hard to imagine it's United that makes the deal. Delightful idea, but terribly unlikely.
Real Madrid already have Camavinga, Tchouameni and Valverde (other midfielders are coming to end of careers). How would their first choice midfield look with those three and Bellingham? Is it a balanced midfield? I think all of those four would want / expect to be first choice, so who is the odd man out?

TheReligion

Abusive
A bit late, I'm afraid.

Plenty of guess work in this

Every chance the player wants to go home to England

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I've a feeling he goes to City. There is a video after Dortmund played City in the Champions League in which Grealish can be heard telling Bellingham that Pep wants to see him.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Real Madrid already have Camavinga, Tchouameni and Valverde (other midfielders are coming to end of careers). How would their first choice midfield look with those three and Bellingham? Is it a balanced midfield? I think all of those four would want / expect to be first choice, so who is the odd man out?

How would their first choice midfield look?
It's Real Madrid we're talking, the notion of first choice is a very limited and seasonal thing to begin with; having one too many player for a slot is a minimum and at times one too few for Real.

Who is the odd man out?
Whoever offers least with specific regards to the opposition, basically. It's a mixture of standard rotation between all squad players, the general opposition-orientation when deciding for a line-up, and playing Valverde up front. Since Bellingham can offer much as LM in LM-CM-RM, he could well be least likely to be the odd man, argueably. But we should certainly not expect for Camavinga to leave or the like; there will be enough minutes for all of them, and roughly three quarters of a season fits young twens much better anyway.

Is it balanced?
Indeed, Bellingham-Tchouameni-Valverde promises a high end midfield stability against the ball as well as huge offensive potential in build-up and on the counter against strong opposition.

Strootman's Finger

I think we have a shot if we decide to go for him. Personally I think this is a tactic to explain why we don't buy anyone in Jan, saving all our money for Bellingham in the summer that we'll "just miss out on". So I don't really think we'll go for him.

But why would he go to Madrid? They have assembled their new midfield, and it's pretty fecking impressive. Now the argument for having four players competing for those three spots makes sense, but Bellingham will be able to go wherever he wants, why would he want to compete with those players to start when he would walk into most midfields?

And why would anyone join City? I know they win the league every couple years, but their a soulless club with no real fans or history. They may fool the odd foreign player, but what English player wants to spend their career at a club like that? Especially with how it's turning out for Grealish and Phillips.

Judas

Open to offers
As long as he doesn't end up at City, that would be beyond grim. I don't think Liverpool have it in them to sign him, hopefully I'm not proved wrong.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Good news is, with Dortmund, Madrid and City involved, whataver happens this won't turn into a long drawn out saga

Mainoldo

If Liverpool fail to make top 4 we should win this race.

Let’s hope it’s not a stupid price. Closest thing to Pogba we will get.

Sweet Square

Can he get like a 24 hour transfer to another club before he comes here ? These Dortmund lads seems to turn to shite when we buy them directly.

devil99

They will buy Bellingham + 1 affordable midfielder and sell whoever out of three is not up to their level. of course for a profit

devil99

This same report says he has been promised funds to win the big trophies again. We can’t really believe one part of the story but not the other.
We’ll have a lot more out goings since Ten Hag has assessed the squad
If we get top 4, less money to spend. If not more money to spend. The glazer model

Acquire Me

@Annihilate Now! @Judas @Acquire Me @Real Name

This is it, this is where I am camping and setting my stall out for next summer, getting in early. THIS would be THE signing. Muppet juices flowing already and getting giddy thinking about that midfield, Casemiro - Bellingham - Eriksen/Bruno. Oh my days :drool:
I am in. This would be an absolute incredible signing. The kid is the real deal. With Haaland we just were in a bad position. After this season we should be in a good position. We can do it :devil:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I think we have a shot if we decide to go for him. Personally I think this is a tactic to explain why we don't buy anyone in Jan, saving all our money for Bellingham in the summer that we'll "just miss out on". So I don't really think we'll go for him.

But why would he go to Madrid? They have assembled their new midfield, and it's pretty fecking impressive. Now the argument for having four players competing for those three spots makes sense, but Bellingham will be able to go wherever he wants, why would he want to compete with those players to start when he would walk into most midfields?

And why would anyone join City? I know they win the league every couple years, but their a soulless club with no real fans or history. They may fool the odd foreign player, but what English player wants to spend their career at a club like that? Especially with how it's turning out for Grealish and Phillips.
It's obvious why he'd want to join City - money and a chance of success that no other EPL team can offer. Only fans really care about the "lack of history" etc.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Honestly, I am not sure about the premise that “it’s well known ETH wants a driving force midfielder”.

Bellingham would be replacing Eriksen. If we were to replace Eriksen in general, I would bet that ETHs would put the same type of passing ability as Eriksen at the top of the wish list, right?

In connection to the Fabian Ruiz interest it was mentioned how we were looking for someone who ‘can dictate play with his range of passing and provide a link between defence and attack’. Bellingham is a lot of things, but he doesn’t have the same ability to dictate the play with his range of passing as FDJ or Eriksen have.

Status
Not open for further replies.