Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

wangyu

So much better that Madrid and Barca want to break away and form a super league.
Of course they want to break away, the la liga bosses can’t sell the product as well as the EPL bosses. They’re envious of the endless money stream in England. But even with the endless amount of money in the UK football, they still can’t break away from the big Spanish teams.
I think the main reason why English football is popular is because of the influence the UK had all over the world in terms of colonies etc. English culture is somewhat ingrained in all those former colonies as well I reckon. the British empire was huge, the biggest ever, it’s sphere of influence is seen all over the world. It is not a surprise that many of the world’s most popular sports are British inventions.
We see the same happening in Western Europe after the US freed us from German occupation. We’re practically a mini USA in Germany, Holland etc

zaafi

That's true but unfortunately you can't sign the new Modric and the new Kroos because they don't exist, and I don't think they're looking for a trio of organiser - destroyer- creator either, but rather physical, intense, versatile players and in the case of Bellingham, players who add verticality to his technical talent(the most exalted fans say that we have signed a 19 years old Zidane).
A team made to burn physically with Camavinga, Valverde and to run with Vini and Bellingham. Even Endrick looks like a physical prodigy with two hams for legs.
In short, a Madrid geared towards modern football.
Then obviously Barcelona can come in with Pedri+De Jong and beat you with possession and control but in principle it doesn't seem like a bad plan.
Personally I still think of Camavinga a la Redondo, very far back and with Tchouameni covering a lot of ground, that is if he wakes up and finds his place.
Yeah, good point. Maybe replicating Liverpool's midfield but even more energetic and comfortable in possession. I hope they won't be much worse as I have a soft spot for Real Madrid!

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
That's true but unfortunately you can't sign the new Modric and the new Kroos because they don't exist, and I don't think they're looking for a trio of organiser - destroyer- creator either, but rather physical, intense, versatile players and in the case of Bellingham, players who add verticality to his technical talent(the most exalted fans say that we have signed a 19 years old Zidane).
A team made to burn physically with Camavinga, Valverde and to run with Vini and Bellingham. Even Endrick looks like a physical prodigy with two hams for legs.
Then obviously Barcelona can come in with Pedri+De Jong and beat you with possession and control but in principle it doesn't seem like a bad plan.
Personally I still think of Camavinga a la Redondo, very far back and with Tchouameni covering a lot of ground, that is if he wakes up and finds his place.
Touchameni, Camavinga and Bellingham should be able to hold possession and control until oblivion. The key difference with Barca is tactical approach, not the personnel.

Anyway. Thrilled about Bellingham if true. Assuming these guys reach their full potential, and we actually fix forward situation and replace Carvajal, we are golden.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Aaah, I need some work on para and por differences.
Don't worry. By example, it will come naturally to you in the end. The same thing happened to my wife. Besides, it's not a common expression

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
Don't worry. By example, it will come naturally to you in the end. The same thing happened to my wife. Besides, it's not a common expression
It really is not a common expression and you never hear it coming from a foreigner. Real Name would make instant friends with any Spaniard that hears him say "x tiene jamones por patas".

Coming back to the topic, isn't Valverde, Camavinga, Tchouameni and Bellingham a bit overkill for 3 positions?
I don't see them playing in a 4-4-2 in the long run with Vini, Rodrygo and Endrick.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It really is not a common expression and you never hear it coming from a foreigner. Real Name would make instant friends with any Spaniard that hears him say "x tiene jamones por patas".

Coming back to the topic, isn't Valverde, Camavinga, Tchouameni and Bellingham a bit overkill for 3 positions?
I don't see them playing in a 4-4-2 in the long run with Vini, Rodrygo and Endrick.
Maybe, perhaps at the time it was considered that Camavinga's development would be slower and that Tchouameni was more experienced.
Maybe a 4231 with Cama-Tchouameni, Vini-Bellingham-Valverde, but what about Rodrygo?.
Camavinga with Tchouameni in the same line seems a bit repetitive, unless one of the two covers more ground.
Tchouameni started well but lately he seems to wander around the pitch without being a protagonist, I remember videos of him at Monaco where he seemed to bite on every ball and now that's not the case.
Now everyone sees a flaw in him, defensive errors near the box, positioning, lack of bad temper like Casemiro had, etc.
For me he doesn't move much but apparently they are training him not to move so much and learn without the ball, so I don't know exactly what the problem is.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Camavinga's skillset is lot closer to Modric/Redondo than people here are giving him credit for. Yeah he's impressive physically, but it's his passing and ball carrying that are the standouts qualities with him

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
For me he doesn't move much but apparently they are training him not to move so much and learn without the ball, so I don't know exactly what the problem is.
For me it's pretty clear. Before the WC he was exceptional, every bit the ready-made Casemiro replacement we expected. Then he missed the penalty in the final, came back depressed, got injured, and never had a chance to recover mentally or physically

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Camavinga's skillset is lot closer to Modric/Redondo than people here are giving him credit for. Yeah he's impressive physically, but it's his passing and ball carrying that are the standouts qualities with him
He does have the ability to be a creative outlet, playing balls through. But right now he isn’t really able to show that as he is playing so far back.

That being said, all of these new gen players (Cama, Tchou, Valverde, Bellingham), clearly have a different skillset. We will miss Kroos able to dictate the tempo, set others in motion, Modric transitioning us from defense to offense by beating a high press. I feel their skillset in those moments will be missed. We do add a lot of dynamic power on the other hand.

RVN1991

Of course they want to break away, the la liga bosses can’t sell the product as well as the EPL bosses. They’re envious of the endless money stream in England. But even with the endless amount of money in the UK football, they still can’t break away from the big Spanish teams.
I think the main reason why English football is popular is because of the influence the UK had all over the world in terms of colonies etc. English culture is somewhat ingrained in all those former colonies as well I reckon. the British empire was huge, the biggest ever, it’s sphere of influence is seen all over the world. It is not a surprise that many of the world’s most popular sports are British inventions.
We see the same happening in Western Europe after the US freed us from German occupation. We’re practically a mini USA in Germany, Holland etc
No as an entertainment products it's just better. I try to catch Serie A or La Liga since there's usually a game on after the PL fixtures and its night and day as far as just entertainment. Not saying one style of football is better or more effective but the pace of the PL makes it way more entertaining than the rest of Europe.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He does have the ability to be a creative outlet, playing balls through. But right now he isn’t really able to show that as he is playing so far back.

That being said, all of these new gen players (Cama, Tchou, Valverde, Bellingham), clearly have a different skillset. We will miss Kroos able to dictate the tempo, set others in motion, Modric transitioning us from defense to offense by beating a high press. I feel their skillset in those moments will be missed. We do add a lot of dynamic power on the other hand.
All but Tchou have the skillset to play the Modric role. Obviously it would be amazing if any of them becomes even 80% as good as Lukita, that's a very tall order given he's one of the best ever, but still, we're not losing his skillset. Kroos on the other hand yeah, we have nobody like him, and clearly we don't plan to. The idea going forward seems to be to play fast and run opponents off the pitch
No as an entertainment products it's just better. I try to catch Serie A or La Liga since there's usually a game on after the PL fixtures and its night and day as far as just entertainment. Not saying one style of football is better or more effective but the pace of the PL makes it way more entertaining than the rest of Europe.
Stadium atmosphere is the biggest difference to me

Loon

:lol:
It's fecking Real Madrid, mate. They don't need underhanded methods to sign the most desired players. Because the best want to play for them. That's what happens when you are the best and most successful club.
yet they still practice it, “We admire such and such”

Loon

:lol:
United and all of the top clubs have done and will be doing exactly the same. You might be too young to remember when United used to pick off the best players from rival domestic clubs regularly, or the stories of Fergie getting the club to send United shirts to players with their name on the back.

Also, I suspect when most players know Real Madrid are keen, they're very much interested. Who wouldn't want to play for them?
I wish I were too young. First United side I saw was the Doc’s :lol:

Yeah, I know Madrid are Madrid, but they have historically always pulled the “we are big admirers of such and such” when other big clubs, United included, have refrained from making comments about players

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Well according to some Madrid have got it wrong and he’s crap. Jude will be their 2nd highest earner.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well according to some Madrid have got it wrong and he’s crap. Jude will be their 2nd highest earner.
Yeah no chance of this. He'd be on very high wages but no way he's put on the level of Alaba/Rudiger, nevermind Benzema and Vini(not to mention Hazard and his albatross €30+M a year). Probably will be in the €15M/y gross range

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Good post.

dinostar77

Good post

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
It would only ever have been Madrid, Liverpool, United, or Barca if they were in the right shape.

He has said before that he would prefer to play for a prestigious club with history.

So who is going to sign multi Champions League winning Bosman 25-year-old Jude Bellingham in 2029?

Jude is currently the best player on the pitch in Dortmund is 6-0 demolition of Wolfsburg. Scored 2 as well….

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Jude Bellingham is the only player under the age of 20 to reach double figures for both goals (11) and assists (15) in Europe's top five leagues since the start of the 2020/21 season. Diamond.

Toblerone92

Bellingham could turn into a Balon d’Or winner in the next five years, certainly going to be exciting having him in the England set up. If only we could get a manger with a little more coaching ability than Gareth.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Jude Bellingham is the only player under the age of 20 to reach double figures for both goals (11) and assists (15) in Europe's top five leagues since the start of the 2020/21 season. Diamond.
Sorry but stats from that league should be taken with a sea full of salt, look at the likes of Sancho, Kagawa and Mikhi.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Sorry but stats from that league should be taken with a sea full of salt, look at the likes of Sancho, Kagawa and Mikhi.
As usual those don't translate exactly, look at Son, Mane or Haaland to see attacking players who got better stats in the PL than in the BL.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
It’s not a formula that BVB players don’t fit at United.

Bellingham is world class. People need to understand that.

RoyH1

I'm not sure that this deal is as done as some claim. Madrid need to close the deal with Dortmund but other clubs will offer more money

Status
Not open for further replies.