Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

padzilla

Hipster
Heard Woodword is lining up a 25 million bid, 1 million upfront and 24 million in clauses including money to be paid if Bellingham is named new leader of Labour or wins best actor oscar during his stay with us.

enwhykiid

Not sure I get this, he hasn't signed the contract yet which is presumably why we're looking at him now. The only way what you're saying makes sense is if the Bellinghams are that in love with Brum they are asking us to give Birmingham a £25m fee as an apology. If we're being asked to give £25m away, you would have thought his parents would want it giving to him/them as a signing on fee rather than to Birmingham City, unless they are either already multi-millionaires or, idiots.

The tribunal fees, as far as I'm aware, are set at the cost to the club of developing the player. They don't generally reflect the players future value as its unquantifiable.

Occams razor says, and indeed what would make more sense is, that Duncan Castles is a fecking idiot who has no idea about u17 players and has made up a story with a juicy fee to act as click-bait.
From what I've read, in this thread and externally, is that he would most likely sign his pro contract with them. I'm sure he and his family will get some sort of incentive as well if we were to pay that fee. Mejbri's fee is mostly incentive based, and I'd bet this one is too

I know its duncan, but he's been pretty decent recently. Yes the fee seems slightly high and clickbait-y but Alan Nixon who actually knows about the lower leagues stated we offered 15m and there's a strong chance of him joining

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Neil Moxley is the best journo when it comes to Birmingham City and he has reported that we have made a offer.

RedNed77

From what I've read, in this thread and externally, is that he would most likely sign his pro contract with them. I'm sure he and his family will get some sort of incentive as well if we were to pay that fee. Mejbri's fee is mostly incentive based, and I'd bet this one is too

I know its duncan, but he's been pretty decent recently. Yes the fee seems slightly high and clickbait-y but Alan Nixon who actually knows about the lower leagues stated we offered 15m and there's a strong chance of him joining
Fair enough. There’s a lot of nonsense written about us at the moment, it’s hard not to look for a cynical angle on most news about us currently.

Hoof the ball

Pay the 25-30, secure him ASAP, loan him back until the end of season if need be. Better than risking someone else joining the hunt when FFP resets in July and other teams are vying for his signature.

Godfather

Pay the 25-30, secure him ASAP, loan him back until the end of season if need be. Better than risking someone else joining the hunt when FFP resets in July and other teams are vying for his signature.
The state we are in we better keep him straight away

enwhykiid

I'd even loan him back longer. I know we're pretty scarce in midfield, but he's basically guaranteed to start and playing week in week out in a competitive league only seems beneficial to all parties

SparkedIntoLife

Why not bring him into the first team squad while Pogba and McTominay are injured then consider loaning him out next season? Better maybe then bringing him in this January, loaning him out and spending even more money on Can/Llorente/Vecino as loan midfielder signings. I know the rumoured 3 are more first team ready mind you. Just throwing another possibility out there.

Jericholyte2

Am I the only one getting an Arsenal 2005-2015 vibe here? Signing kids and pushing the kids and promoting the kids, “In five years time these will all be in the World XI”.

Last edited:

TrueRed79

Will be an absolute baller in 4/5 years. Has a bit of everything about him but technically very very good for a kid of 16. We better not dither around with this one.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You have to question why Birmingham would want to keep developing him for us for a further 18 months? Given he's not an automatic starter for them you'd think they'd just take the money and reinvest

Jezpeza

Will be a star i think. Apparantly hes been bossing teams. Opposition fans rave about him and he's only 16. I feel like this is one where if we dont sign him now we’ll have the chance to pay 90m in 3 years time off someone else

Superden

£30m for a 16 year old is madness. Liverpool and Chelsea signed Mane & Kante for that.
Those fees are now irrelevant. Madrid have recently spanked 120milion plus on three Brazilian teenagers.

If this lad even lives up to half the hype, hed be worth far more before hes 21.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You have to question why Birmingham would want to keep developing him for us for a further 18 months? Given he's not an automatic starter for them you'd think they'd just take the money and reinvest
Wasn't he MOTM in their last game? I guess they'd want to retain him on loan because he's that good. If we sign him I hope we get him in now and no loan-back.

Cliche Guevara

Why does any team sign any player on loan?

This way they get to keep the player and get the transfer fee. How would it benefit them to not have the player instead of having the player?

klayton88

Hey Jude, Lingards first touch is bad
Take him to one side, and make it better

Status
Not open for further replies.