Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Supreme-

I didn’t think players could sign a professional contract until they were 17, if that’s the case why is there a transfer fee in here at all? Can somebody with greater knowledge explain/clarify?
Has anyone able to shed some light on this point yet? The same reason why Birmingham aren't able to renew his contract until he turns 17 in the summer.

Otherwise the transfer fee makes no sense, unless the quoted figure is compensation fees?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Adnan £30M? Is he that promising?
I haven't seen him play much at all. But from what I've been told by people who have, they believe he's destined to become a world class performer.

It seems like there's a number of big clubs ready to pay Birmingham a significant sum for his signature. And our reported £30m offer probably tops the lot as things stand.

It also seems like quite a few clubs believe he's destined for the very top and are willing to pay big now rather than see him become unattainable in the future.

Personally I believe this strategy is the way forward for us as a club. Our wage bill has gone through the roof after spending a fortune chasing ready made stars and something has to give. Madrid have adopted a similar strategy too and I believe signing the best youth players in world football will provide the first team the foundation to build a very strong Manchester United squad in the future. We will sign players for the first team but I'm hoping our approach is more measured in the coming seasons but I think we'll make a exception for Jadon Sancho.

JoaquinJoaquin

When did he state he’d only sign for Manchester United as a first team player?
There was a report somewhere that said his reluctance to sign for United is that he doesn't want to play for the u23s. I can't remember exactly where I read it though.

JoaquinJoaquin

The price is ridiculous. Would rather pay a bit more for Bruno and buy this kid in the summer.
Looks like we have a budget of 50m for this window, so more chance of this transfer happening than Bruno. The club will like the fact he has 'resell' value aswell.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Well the fact United won't budge from that with Sporting would indicate that. Sounds like anything extra we pay is all based on incentives. I guess time will tell if this is truly the case.
No it won't.

ivaldo

Wow, you really are an awful poster aren't you
Yes I am. Nice to meet a peer I imagine.

If you truly can't see how fecking ridiculous your logic here is then I can't help. It's mind boggling you'd think that if we don't spend more than your made up number then our budget MUST be your made up number! :lol:

JoaquinJoaquin

Yes I am. Nice to meet a peer I imagine.

If you truly can't see how fecking ridiculous your logic here is then I can't help. It's mind boggling you'd think that if we don't spend more than your made up number then our budget MUST be your made up number! :lol:
If you read anything from Portugal or even journos here they have all said United are not budging from 50m and are trying to get the deal completed with extra incentives. That would indicate that's what the budget is, not exactly rocket science. I said I guess time will tell whether that is the actual case or not.

It's not that deep. Especially to keep taking shots and making awful jokes.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm surprised people are moaning about this. It seems some will moan about anything these days. I'm pretty exciting and happy the club is looking to do business like this.

TheReligion

Abusive
If you read anything from Portugal or even journos here they have all said United are not budging from 50m and are trying to get the deal completed with extra incentives. That would indicate that's what the budget is, not exactly rocket science. I said I guess time will tell whether that is the actual case or not.

Tbh mate I don't think your logic is sound. Just because United value a player at a certain amount and won't budge doesn't indicate that's the budget. It just means they will only pay what the believe is the right value.

Stadjer

I'm surprised people are moaning about this. It seems some will moan about anything these days. I'm pretty exciting and happy the club is looking to do business like this.
There are still people who think 30m is a lot for a footballer and expect a 30m players to be a direct improvement for the team... i think it is more moaning because times have changed and they arent willing or able to change their ideas/perception.

JoaquinJoaquin

Tbh mate I don't think your logic is sound. Just because United value a player at a certain amount and won't budge doesn't indicate that's the budget. It just means they will only pay what the believe is the right value.
And that is fine if you don't agree.
For me, the squad is in dire straights and if Bruno is truly the player you want, you pay the extra 10m Sporting want as this is an extreme circumstance. The fact they want the player but won't seemingly budge from 50m would indicate to me that is most likely the budget. Like I said though, I guess time will tell.

TheReligion

Abusive
There are still people who think 30m is a lot for a footballer and expect a 30m players to be a direct improvement for the team... i think it is more moaning because times have changed and they arent willing or able to change their ideas/perception.
I think our recent signings have been good and I'm confident with the clubs long term plan. Yes 30m is alot for a 16 year old but I read a thread the other day he praising Real Madrid for spending big on their trio of Brazilians of a similar age.

It's seems if Jude Bellingham was called Juninho Beldorado everyone would be saying it's cracking business.

Thiagoal

Why the hell do people think we’d happily send a player we paid £30 million for straight out on loan? Would be a massive risk; what if he gets a serious injury?

ivaldo

No it really isn’t that complicated, yet here we are. Not budging from our perceived value for a player doesn’t indicate our budget, it indicates... our perceived value of the player? It’s not magic, just bit of critical thinking.

TheReligion

Abusive
And that is fine if you don't agree.
For me, the squad is in dire straights and if Bruno is truly the player you want, you pay the extra 10m Sporting want as this is an extreme circumstance. The fact they want the player but won't seemingly budge from 50m would indicate to me that is most likely the budget. Like I said though, I guess time will tell.
I don't think the club is desperate though. They have been burned by this method of doing business before and theres a clear change in strategy since Mourinho left. We won't pay what we don't think it's value and we won't look outside our profile of player.

Jezpeza

It's all well and good signing these youngsters. In the state we are in it sure as hell shouldn't be a priority though.
poor logic. Age doesn't mean ability.By your logic, would us having signed a 16 year old lionel messi been a waste of
Time
Has anyone able to shed some light on this point yet? The same reason why Birmingham aren't able to renew his contract until he turns 17 in the summer.

Otherwise the transfer fee makes no sense, unless the quoted figure is compensation fees?
He could leave for free by turning down a contract. Then if he joined another team a tribunal decides the fee.

he wont do this as he doesn’t want to end up in the academy setup when hes a regular in the championship.

on top of this he and his family are huge bluenoses and have refused to move him to a big clubs academy repeatedly for the last 5 years. They wont do the club over.

i think you can pay whatever for a scholar but they cant sign a pro contract until 17. So maybe we have to sign him as a scholar and make him agree to a pre contract agreement. We also cant loan him back as he isnt 17 yet. Seeing the fee and that phelan has scouted in person i dont think this is a long term investment. I think they would want him near the 1st team nos

cyberman

poor logic. Age doesn't mean ability.By your logic, would us having signed a 16 year old lionel messi been a waste of
Time

He could leave for free by turning down a contract. Then if he joined another team a tribunal decides the fee.

he wont do this as he doesn’t want to end up in the academy setup when hes a regular in the championship.

on top of this he and his family are huge bluenoses and have refused to move him to a big clubs academy repeatedly for the last 5 years. They wont do the club over.

i think you can pay whatever for a scholar but they cant sign a pro contract until 17. So maybe we have to sign him as a scholar and make him agree to a pre contract agreement. We also cant loan him back as he isnt 17 yet. Seeing the fee and that phelan has scouted in person i dont think this is a long term investment. I think they would want him near the 1st team nos
Saw on a Birminghan forum that hes not actually a Birmingham fan

Carolina Red

Staff

If we are on £50m for Bruno and this kid for £30m, wouldn’t that make “our budget” £80m?

RedNed77

He has a scholar contract which runs until summer 2021, which will be replaced by a professional contract this year. Transfer fee will be due.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
By the time Woodward gets the paperwork on this one done, he will likely be 18 and ready for the first team

JoaquinJoaquin

Yeah, but that’s not the question. We’re going after both simultaneously, so based on your line of reasoning, “our budget” is 50+30.
It's a very real possibility that Bellingham could be the back up option. We don't know what is happening.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's a very real possibility that Bellingham could be the back up option. We don't know what is happening.
How can he be back up option when he is a CM and Bruno Fernandes is AM. 2 different positions.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Where are all the people having a go at me yesterday about this lad? Still think we need to spend £30m on a 16year old kid after what you saw last night?

Jezpeza

Where are all the people having a go at me yesterday about this lad? Still think we need to spend £30m on a 16year old kid after what you saw last night?
if its a player we think we need then yes.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We need talent in spite of what we saw last night. Signings are based on requirements

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
if its a player we think we need then yes.
We don't need him. We have a youth team (and first team) full of talented youngsters. Best bunch for years actually. It's the first team seniors that are a joke. How can you not see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.