Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moiraine

I get what you are saying, but I think the thing about Jesse and movement is a smoke screen for when he is playing badly. He energy is an asset but only when used productively like it was a couple of seasons ago. Hence my comment, like Jesse with composure and physicality.

Thanks for this share, really enjoyed old Jessie, music was great too.

Flanders Devil

Thanks for this share, really enjoyed old Jessie, music was great too.
Ha - I think the reason I enjoyed that clip was that every Sunday league player can relate to him. His season is: 1 wonder goal, 2-3 decent/expected finishes, 8-10 horrible misses, a handful of well won fouls, then a bunch of mistakes where you blame the shitty pitch for a bobble.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes being ahead in your development curve doesn't guarantee that you'll become one of the best.

I've only seen a few clips and not seen anything special from that
No player is guarantee to become one of the best in the first place anyway.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No player is guarantee to become one of the best in the first place anyway.
Of course. But people tend to assume that of you're better at a younger age you'll continue to be as you grow older whereas development isn't as linear as that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Of course. But people tend to assume that of you're better at a younger age you'll continue to be as you grow older whereas development isn't as linear as that.
Who are these people?

It looks to me these medias are just hyping the players based on his age which show his maturity as a player at young age & his talent. No one really said he's going to be better or develop better than players who started at older age.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I would echo some of the concern in this thread. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to sign him but I am slightly worried that his hype is being generated purely by his age.

Moiraine

Ha - I think the reason I enjoyed that clip was that every Sunday league player can relate to him. His season is: 1 wonder goal, 2-3 decent/expected finishes, 8-10 horrible misses, a handful of well won fouls, then a bunch of mistakes where you blame the shitty pitch for a bobble.
Now you are being harsh on him, he was unbelievable around 2017. Scored some real valuable goals. I agree his finishing could be a lot better, but then again, as predicted by fergie, he is going to develop that late as well :D

In Rainbows

You guys can always watch his u16 and u17 matches where he's with England along with Musiala, Elliot, etc...

He plays nothing like Lingard, and the hype comes from his ability.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I would echo some of the concern in this thread. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to sign him but I am slightly worried that his hype is being generated purely by his age.
His hype began long before he made his debut for Birmingham.

lenny_1248

People don't rate him cause his highlights are not flashy enough. There are more important things than some fancy flicks etc.

amolbhatia50k

Who are these people?

It looks to me these medias are just hyping the players based on his age which show his maturity as a player at young age & his talent. No one really said he's going to be better or develop better than players who started at older age.
It's a pretty natural tendancy. Rooney and Fabregas are prime examples. Ahead of the curve in their development but were eventually bettered by the likes of Xavi and Ronaldo. But of course they were still brilliant players.

The point is that it can be misleading to purely look at a player only being well developed/maturer for his age as it can distorts views. I feel that's common and we've all been guilty of it at various occasions.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He is playing in the Championship. There's no telling players like Harvey Eliott or Mejbri wouldn't be doing as much if they weren't at top PL clubs. If he signs here I highly doubt he'll be a first team regular, I somehow doubt even Dortmund can guarantee him that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's a pretty natural tendancy. Rooney and Fabregas are prime examples. Ahead of the curve in their development but were eventually bettered by the likes of Xavi and Ronaldo. But of course they were still brilliant players.

The point is that it can be misleading to purely look at a player only being well developed/maturer for his age as it can distorts views. I feel that's common and we've all been guilty of it at various occasions.
I don't get the point you are replying to my post for.

Both Rooney & Fabregas prove their worthy, they became top player in the league, the money spent was worthy from the club when they signed them when they were teenager. The ironic thing is that Bellingham is not even being hyped as much as those two when they made their debut especially Wayne Rooney. I don't know what are you moaning about his situation?

Every signings have risky, Bellingham was set for 30m by Birmingham for many different factors. Mainly because of his age at such a young age he had good amount of Championship level experienced with potential to be good player & the potential of how many years he'll contribute. 30m at this market is a fees that I am not surprised why there are some clubs are willing to take a risk & pay for him. Rooney cost almost the same amount and it was more than 15 years ago which is in different market value.

What do you expect? You expect this type of player cost 10m?

Last edited:

Bondi77

Years ago you would not have heard of a player until he was making his debut in the first team but now there is a big focus on any teenager that can do a Cruyff turn in a Sunday league game.
I do not know what the percentage rate is for teenagers with talent actually breaking into the top level but I would imagine it would be fairly low and it always has been.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Years ago you would not have heard of a player until he was making his debut in the first team but now there is a big focus on any teenager that can do a Cruyff turn in a Sunday league game.
I do not know what the percentage rate is for teenagers with talent actually breaking into the top level but I would imagine it would be fairly low and it always has been.
:lol: Whatever your country is, your Sunday League must be one hell of a league with lot of potential for non-professional footballer. Or you just never play football before in Sunday League.

macheda14

Yes being ahead in your development curve doesn't guarantee that you'll become one of the best.

I've only seen a few clips and not seen anything special from that
Well its good that clips don't form the basis for club's scouting processes

Ronaldo was also a player ahead of the curve in his development, weird example to use. I’m honestly confused by your point. The only reason people buy young players is because they’re performing better than they should be at that age. That’s the only metric you can really go on.

Bondi77

:lol: Whatever your country is, your Sunday League must be one hell of a league with lot of potential for non-professional footballer. Or you just never play football before in Sunday League.
Just meant as a little bit of humour to highlight something that has changed over time.
I played Sunday League in London,
What is your country?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just meant as a little bit of humour to highlight something that has changed over time.
I played Sunday League in London,
What is your country?
I changed my place in 4 different countries already. Do I need to name all of them? :lol:

My point is that championship is still good competition, it’s not tier 1 & 2 but let’s not pretend like it’s that bad if you place certain clubs from Ukraine, Russia, Turkey, Portuguese or Scottish league, they won’t struggle.

amolbhatia50k

I don't get the point you are replying to my post for.

Both Rooney & Fabregas prove their worthy, they became top player in the league, the money spent was worthy from the club when they signed them when they were teenager. The ironic thing is that Bellingham is not even being hyped as much as those two when they made their debut especially Wayne Rooney. I don't know what are you moaning about his situation?

Every signings have risky, Bellingham was set for 30m by Birmingham for many different factors. Mainly because of his age at such a young age he had good amount of Championship level experienced with potential to be good player & the potential of how many years he'll contribute. 30m at this market is a fees that I am not surprised why there are some clubs are willing to take a risk & pay for him. Rooney cost almost the same amount and it was more than 15 years ago which is in different market value.

What do you expect? You expect this type of player cost 10m?
You're the one who said "his hype mainly comes from his age not peformances" so it's important to also consider quality rather than just readiness. Beyond that I don't see a reason for a long-winded debate on this. I know little about this chap. If he's good enough hope we get him. Otherwise, there's no need.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You're the one who said "his hype mainly comes from his age not peformances" so it's important to also consider quality rather than just readiness. Beyond that I don't see a reason for a long-winded debate on this. I know little about this chap. If he's good enough hope we get him. Otherwise, there's no need.
Hey, let's not blaming me for talking the truth and reality. Even the guy macheda14 said the same thing.

There is a reason why it's 30m not 50m or above. If you don't like the reality & the truth then send your message to Dortmund & United not to spend 30m on Bellingham because according to you he's nothing special.

amolbhatia50k

Hey, let's not blaming me for talking the truth and reality. Even the guy macheda14 said the same thing.

There is a reason why it's 30m not 50m or above. If you don't like the reality & the truth then send your message to Dortmund & United not to spend 30m on Bellingham because according to you he's nothing special.
Wow you've really taken this to heart, Bellighamfanboino1.

I care little about your irrelevant recitals on truth and reality. At this stage, it's just incoherent rambling.

Like I said, I've seen little of the player and stressed on quality regardless of age as it can sometimes be misleading. If he has it, then great let's get him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Wow you've really taken this to heart, Bellighamfanboino1.
WTF? Are you okay? Out of nowhere for no reason. :lol:

I care little about your irrelevant recitals on truth and reality. At this stage, it's just incoherent rambling.

Like I said, I've seen little of the player and stressed on quality regardless of age as it can sometimes be misleading. If he has it, then great let's get him.
That’s the only metric you can really go on & the reality is why United & Dortmund are willing to take a risk to spend the money on him because at 16 years old to be able already starts 25 championship game show some good promising sign for the boy to be developed & has some value for his potential. Why can't you understand that?

If every value need to match the player's performance quality then we wouldn't spend 80m on Maguire and how clubs spend on other players.

Bondi77

I changed my place in 4 different countries already. Do I need to name all of them? :lol:

My point is that championship is still good competition, it’s not tier 1 & 2 but let’s not pretend like it’s that bad if you place certain clubs from Ukraine, Russia, Turkey, Portuguese or Scottish league, they won’t struggle.
Why is that, did they kick you out of the other 3?
The point was a general point about young players today and how they can have a high profile without really doing anything in the game; you obviously never saw it that way but never mind.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
A Brummie Gerrard? And a Pogba replacement
I think that’s what he wants to become but I think even at 16 he has more CM tendencies than both of them due to his natural defensive positioning which Gerrard and Pogba lack. Both could tackle but the positions they adopt and their laboured movement in defensive positions meant they couldn’t really function as elite CMs whereas this kid is more natural and dynamic in that role. They needed runners around them whereas he can carry out that work but not as a sole CDM (he’s too aggressive for that).

Depends though if he sees that as a waste of his talent doing the donkey work but I think it’s his major strength and he should try and become like a Vidal/Essien/Seedorf style B2B mid.

Don’t get the Lingard comparisons, this kid is better than him already.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Lingard is a conference level player,its hard to even compare him with anyone.
Yes, Lingard has been woeful for a long time but he's an international who's played in the latter stages of a World Cup - and performed well. So he's clearly not Conference level.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Him going back on loan makes sense to me. Another year of first team football as opposed to sitting on our bench will do him the world of good

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Him going back on loan makes sense to me. Another year of first team football as opposed to sitting on our bench will do him the world of good
If we pay 30m for a player, loaning him to championship team won't be my first choice. For all the progress, Championship is still not there yet and playing young expensive talent in that league is a risk.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Hearing that we've agreed a £30m deal for him. Possibly a season loan back to Brum.
Didn't we agree fee already with Birmingham? I think it was left to player who is he going to sign for.

Are you saying that player has choosen United?

Status
Not open for further replies.