Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk buttercup

I noticed he's come out of nowhere and is now in people's dream transfers for this summer :lol:
We have one every year in fairness .
Sancho , Vidal, ozil, Snjeider etc.
Last few signings I feel we have got right so looking forward to see what we will do .

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It is The Mirror but they're citing this latest news as their own information. And also take into consideration that both James Nursey and Neil Moxley who are well connected to the Midlands clubs work for the outlet. Moxley in particular is the best source for Birmingham City

"Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward have identified Bellingham as a priority summer arrival as they seek to follow the club's policy of signing exciting young British players"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-ready-break-bank-21716907

macheda14

Bellingham is a first team player at Birmingham City in a league which is far stronger than the one Odegaard was playing in at a similar age. And when you go all in for a player, as has been reported by The Athletic's, Laurie Whitwell. It's more than plausible to presume Solskjaer will integrate him into the first team squad and there's reputable Journos alluding to that being the case. Signing a player from the Championship which is a very physical league is testament to young Bellingham being more than capable of handling the physical demands of the EPL and by next season he likely will be better prepared at 17 years old. In Odegaards case he made a bad move joining Real Madrid at the time and should've taken a similar route to his compatriot Haaland which would've served him better. In Bellingham's case he will be joining Man Utd under Solskjaer who will play him IMO. Integrating Mason at 17 into the first team was testament to Solskjaer's bravery in showing faith to special young talent and Bellingham falls into the same category.

Woodward was a fan of backing the manager. The transfer strategy was set by the manager and the likes of Di Maria, Falcao etc were manager signings.

Tahith Chong was one of, if not the biggest attacking talents in the Netherlands playing in Rotterdam. TFM was regarded as being on a equal footing to Matthijs de Ligt as a 16 year old. When we signed these young players, we signed two of the biggest talents in European football.

I can call it a strategy because the strategy it self is set by the guys running the academy. But the strategy is only effective if the funds are there to support such a strategy. Funds that were not made available under David Gill which inturn saw the academy struggle until Woodward cleaned the mess of his predecessor.
Yeh sometimes I argue with people who definitely know more than me and I don’t know why.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Not that I disagree about Dortmund, he'd have a much easier pathway into the team. But for one thing, Pogba is a huge question mark next season, and maybe the charm offensive to sign Jude is partly because Ole knows Pogba is off, it's not outside the realm of possibilities. Meijbri might not necessarily be promoted into the first team next season and it's unlikely he'd be ahead of Bellingham who is physically already ready and has plenty of actual real game experience (I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see Meijbri break into the first team next season, I would).

Our midfield could simply be: Matic, McTom, Fred and Bellingham. With Bruno at #10 or in a more free role in a midfield 3. That's a lot of games between 4 midfielders.

And if we end up buying Sancho, I'd say that makes us - at least on paper - a more attractive side to join.
Bits about Pogba. You're right about Meijbri, he might not be promoted, but it wouldn't be a big surprise if he is, at least to get some minutes and feel for professional football.

I think we're going to be absolutely spoiled for choice in midfield next season, personally. Matic and Pogba are highly likely to stay, unless Matic objects to a new DM taking all his 1st team starter minutes. Bellingham being bought and staying here next term, well that's the curiosity, isn't it? There are a lot of players contesting for a few spots, and realistically, nobody is taking playing time off Pogba or Fernandes.

Sancho would make us look like our intent to get back to the top is not to be taken lightly, for sure.

GenZRed

100k a year for a 17 year who hasn't played in the Premier League is insane. All it will do is inflate the wages of young Britsh players making them (even more) un affordable for PL teams outside the top four/five.

If we do sign him and give him 100k a week it is clear that he won't be loaned back to Birmingham City.

Gasolin

Tweeter is all about him choosing Dortmund and bashing Ole like for Haaland... so which is it?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The market for him will determine his wage. How much are Madrid's wunderkinds on?

Wasn't Cherki offered something similar to the Bellingham money as well as an insane signing on fee?

If this kid is destined for the very top, £100k won't be his wage for more than 18 months, too, as the next renegotiation will see he a sizeable bump.

You're probably better asking yourself how many times does a 16/17 year old midfielder come along any club would be willing to pay that kind of money to for his professional debut wage.

£100k p/w in and of itself isn't the questionable part - it's whether Bellingham is that good that is.

mu4c_20le

Tweeter is all about him choosing Dortmund and bashing Ole like for Haaland... so which is it?
Seems to be based on old news, last week we all thought dortmund had bagged him. I wonder if our high wage offer is actually compensating for our CL uncertainty. Bild seems to think it's a big advantage for Dortmund.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Bits about Pogba. You're right about Meijbri, he might not be promoted, but it wouldn't be a big surprise if he is, at least to get some minutes and feel for professional football.

I think we're going to be absolutely spoiled for choice in midfield next season, personally. Matic and Pogba are highly likely to stay, unless Matic objects to a new DM taking all his 1st team starter minutes. Bellingham being bought and staying here next term, well that's the curiosity, isn't it? There are a lot of players contesting for a few spots, and realistically, nobody is taking playing time off Pogba or Fernandes.

Sancho would make us look like our intent to get back to the top is not to be taken lightly, for sure.
Yeah, you make a good point about Pogba given the financial circumstances of...well, everything. I still wouldn't be surprised if he forced a move through - with PSG now being linked by some of the tabloids money may not be that much of an issue.

But if he stays, I don't see how we can guarantee any sort of playing time for Bellingham. On the whole, if Pogba decided he wanted to stay and be here long-term I'd be quite happy with that. If he's only here for another year, it's better to replace him now. All depends on his attitude. And I think given our highly publicised efforts to secure Bellingham, Pogba is likely off and the club know it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The market for him will determine his wage. How much are Madrid's wunderkinds on?

Wasn't Cherki offered something similar to the Bellingham money as well as an insane signing on fee?

If this kid is destined for the very top, £100k won't be his wage for more than 18 months, too, as the next renegotiation will see he a sizeable bump.

You're probably better asking yourself how many times does a 16/17 year old midfielder come along any club would be willing to pay that kind of money to for his professional debut wage.

£100k p/w in and of itself isn't the questionable part - it's whether Bellingham is that good that is.
Well said.

Gordon S

This kid looks even more talented than Bellingham from what i`ve seen so far. He`s going to cost a fortune the day he leaves Lyon.

My faith in our scouting has been restored lately, if they think Bellingham is worth silly money then it`s likely he is a very special talent.

-Supreme-

Looking likely that he will be our Pogba's replacement

Out:
Pogba - £100m
Lingard - £10m
Andreas - £15m

In:
Bellingham - £30m
Grealish - £50m
Ighalo - £10m
RW / Sancho - £120m

Net spend: £85m

Great strength in depth all of a sudden

Centre Mid:
Bellingham*
Matic
Fred
McT

Attacking Mid:
Bruno
Grealish*

Wide forward
Rashford
James
Greenwood
New Winger*

Striker
Martial
Ighalo*

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
A lot of talk in here about the fee and the gossip but has anyone actually seen him play? Beside the fact he’s playing first team football at 16/17 (which is impressive) what are his attributes etc?

LVGSdive

A lot of talk in here about the fee and the gossip but has anyone actually seen him play? Beside the fact he’s playing first team football at 16/17 (which is impressive) what are his attributes etc?
Brilliant control, can work openings with ease, excellent decision making and very strong on the ball and in the tackle.

I have to be honest and say I don't want us to sign him. Mostly due to the fact that I don't think he will play much here at the moment anyway. I don't want his career to stagnate.

Classical Mechanic

He's played wider this season mostly but has appeared in pretty much every midfield position and upfront. His future is likely as an 8.

mu4c_20le

This kid looks even more talented than Bellingham from what i`ve seen so far. He`s going to cost a fortune the day he leaves Lyon.
If he is the generational talent that everyone seems to think he is, then the day he leaves Lyon will be straight to Barca. The fee will just be a number, a formality if you will.

My faith in our scouting has been restored lately, if they think Bellingham is worth silly money then it`s likely he is a very special talent.
Just like how they thought Sanchez would hit it off with us :nervous: I hope you are right, but personally I think this silly money is to beat off Dortmund. If they weren't involved, we'd probably be offering half the wages, and rightfully so.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he is the generational talent that everyone seems to think he is, then the day he leaves Lyon will be straight to Barca. The fee will just be a number, a formality if you will.

Just like how they thought Sanchez would hit it off with us :nervous: I hope you are right, but personally I think this silly money is to beat off Dortmund. If they weren't involved, we'd probably be offering half the wages, and rightfully so.
Ffs.

Should everyone else just forget about the best players?

Gordon S

I blame that one on Mourinho:mad:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Who here has watched him?
What kind of player, who is he comparable to?

Status
Not open for further replies.